Buck charged with killing niglet

Expose Them All

Registered
Man Faces Judge in Baby's Death

A 22-year-old man faced a magistrate judge in Fulton County on Thursday for his first court appearance in the death of a baby boy.

05102713838_babydeath230.jpg

Gabriel Brooks

Gabriel Brooks is charged with the felony murder of 8-month-old Terry Arnold Jr., who died after a bullet came flying through his apartment wall. The bullet struck baby Terry in the arm and then chest. He died Wednesday after undergoing hours of surgery at Grady Memorial Hospital.

05102713925_babypic230.jpg

Terry Arnold Jr.

Brooks told police that the gun misfired as he attempted to put on its safety. Aside from felony murder, he is charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of possession of a firearm during the
commission of a felony.

Brooks attorney said the charges against his client are too severe, and he believes the felony murder charge will be changed to involuntary manslaughter.

The suspect's father, Rev. Donald Brooks, said he believes his son had the gun because his car had been broken into several times.

"If I knew he had a gun he wouldn't have it. If I knew he had a gun and I had the control of him he wouldn't have it," said the Rev. Donald Brooks.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=71103

Back