Celebrate diversity: two whites, two negroes

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

1953067_BG2.jpg
1953067_BG3.jpg

1953067_BG4.jpg
1953067_BG5.jpg

Four Arrested In Florence Robbery

Four men are in custody Friday night, charged with robbing a Florence business. The suspects made off with three hun
red dollars cash before they were caught in Jackson. Florence police say the "Deck The Yard" lawn art store on Highway 49, just North of Highway 469, was hit around 11:00 a.m..

The fou

r robbery suspects were nabbed going west on I-20, just before the I-55 South exit, forced to the side of the road by a snake of squad cars who were in hot pursuit. Florence Police Chief Caley Gray says, "We put out a description of
the vehicle, possible Louisiana tag. The description matched the vehicle, the subjects matched the vehicle. Pearl and Richland got in behind them; we got in behind them and forced them to stop."

The suspects description - four males, two white, two black - was called in by 16-year-old Scott McElroy who was working alone in the store that was hit. Scott says, "They came in, one of the white males distracted me, the two black males went in the office took the money while I was trying to sell something to them."

Scott noticed the money was
missing from the store office just after the men left. Ricky Dickerson, the store owner, credits his teenage employee for thinking quick on his feet. Dickerson says, "We give him kudos cause i
f it
wasn't for his being aware of his surroundings and perhaps they wouldn't have got caught."

The four robbery suspects were all handcuffed and taken to jail in separate cars. It was a coordinated effort by lawmen that's being praised by a small businessm
an. After thanking lawmen outside his store Dickerson said, "It's wonderful to think everyone got in conjunction to help a small business like us. It's enough struggle just to make it every day. We don't need thugs to come in and take what they want from us."

White parents, please do not let your children celebrate diversity, it only will get them into trouble and possibly killed.

T.N.B.

Back