Chattanegresses take niglet along for TNB spree

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_71412.aspWoman Had 11-Year-Old Son In Car While Carrying Out Robbery

In a case involving two women robbers, it was testified Thursday that one of the women had her 11-year-old son waiting in her car during one of the holdups.

General Sessions Court Judge Richard Holcomb bound four robbery cases to the Grand Jury against Cara Nicole Paris, 22, and Clarrisa Bently. He ordered them held on $40,000 bond each.

Robbery and burglary detective Michael Early said both women gave similar statements about the robberies and said they "smoked away" the proceeds. He said the women said they rolled Primo cigarettes and mixed in crack cocaine.

There was testimony about robberies at the Subway at 3641 Brainerd Road and the McDonalds at 62
20 Lee Highway. The women agreed to also bind over cases involving holdups at the Krystal Restaurant, 2304 East 23rd St., and the Conoco Gas Station at 4004 Rossville Blvd.

On the McDonald's robbery on Aug. 13, manager John Nutt said Paris was working there at the time. He said it was her first day.

He said he was doing a stock order about 7:20 a.m. when Ms. Bentley came in and called him by name. He said he had never seen her before.

He said she had a black gun down by her side. She said, "I need you to get the money." He said she also told him, "If you hit the (panic) button, I'll shoot you."

He said he gave her about $400 from the safe.

Det. Early said the women told him it had been planned that Ms. Paris would hand cash to Ms. Bentley at the drive through window. But Ms. Paris was assigned to the food window instead, so Ms. Bentley decided to drive to Wal-Mart, buy an inexpensive gun, then come inside the McDonald's.

She had the 11-year-old son in the car
with her that day.

In the Krystal holdup, police said Ms. Paris was working the drive thru window of the restaurant around 3:30 a.m. when she informed police that a black male gave her a note demanding the cash register drawer. Police said Ms. Paris actually gave Ms. Bently the drawer containing an undetermined amount of cash. The black male Ms. Paris described was actually Ms. Bently, who drove away in a brown colored truck, it was stated.

In the robbery at the Conoco Gas Station, police said around 12:30 a.m., store clerk Jeffery Walker informed police that a person appearing to be a black male, 5”8, 150 to 160 pounds, with short curly hair, wearing a white t-shirt and white dickie style pants, was involved. The suspect covered their face with white paint or makeup. The suspect (Ms. Paris) came into the store holding a gun and yelled, "Give me the money." The store clerk ran into the office, locked the door, and called police. The suspect jum
ped over the counter and took money from the register.

I keep telling you people not to hire niggers, but you don't listen!

T.N.B.

Back