Civil Rights Activist Under Scrutiny Over Race Claims - Coalburner claims to be 'black'

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-Black-NAACP-African-American--307107421.html

Civil Rights Activist Under Scrutiny Over Race Claims

AP090724045365.jpg

A prominent civil rights activist in Washington state is under scrutiny after her parents told a local NBC station she is white and has been falsely saying she is black for years.

Rachel Dolezal, who heads the Spokane chapter of the NAACP and teaches African-American studies at a university, first came under scrutiny when she said on an application to be on a city panel that she is of African-American, white and native American descent, KHQ reported.

Her parents, from whom she is estranged, told the station that isn't true, and that the family is of European descent with some native American ancestry.

Dolezal herself declined to speak with KHQ, and she told the Spokesman-Review when asked about her race that she felt she should speak with her executive committee before discussing what she called a "multi-layered" issue. :confused:

"That question is not as easy as it seems," she told the newspaper. "There’s a lot of complexities … and I don't know that everyone would understand that."

The NAACP said nothing has changed, and Dolezal will continue to lead the local chapter. :confused:

Re: Civil Rights Activist Under Scrutiny Over Race Claims

http://www.khq.com/story/29299054/p...dent-claim-shes-misrepresenting-her-ethnicity

Parents of Spokane NAACP President claim she's misrepresenting her ethnicity

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 12:37 PM PST
Updated: Jun 12, 2015 6:09 AM PST

8048750_G.jpg

Rachel Dolezal's parents provided the photo on the right they say is of her growing up.

SPOKANE, Wash. -

There are questions about Spokane's NAACP Chapter President, Rachel Dolezal. The city confirmed with KHQ she claimed to be of African-American descent on a city application to be on the Ombudsman commission. But we spoke with her parents today who say Rachel is white and has been misrepresenting her ethnicity for years.

Dolezal teaches African American Culture at Eastern Washington University as an adjunct instructor. Her blog also says she is an art instructor at North Idaho College, is an advisor for the NIC Black Student Association.

Dolezal made headlines back in February when she claimed someone had mailed racist and threatening letters to the NAACP post office box. KHQ managed to obtain a 38-page Spokane Police report about the investigation into that mail. Officers concluded that the mail had not been properly processed through the post office, and was likely put directly into the post office box, without being mailed at all. They said only a few people have access to the box: the USPS employees who work there, and the boxholder. Police said they do not believe the USPS employees put the mail there. The investigation continues.

On Thursday, Spokane Mayor David Condon and City Council President Ben Stuckart issued the following statement on Dolezal's position on the Ombudsman Commission:

“We are committed to independent citizen oversight and take very seriously the concerns raised regarding the chair of the independent citizen police ombudsman commission. We are gathering facts to determine if any city policies related to volunteer boards and commissions have been violated. That information will be reviewed by the City Council, which has oversight of city boards and commissions.”

KHQ 's Gabe Cohen spoke with Dolezal on Thursday who refused to comment on the issue and said her parents are "using the media."

Rachel Dolezal will remain Spokane NAACP President at least until Monday. She'll lead their general member meeting as always.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/14/cops-stop-investigating-naacp-leaders-hate-crime-complaints/

NAACP’s ‘blackface’ a slap to African Americans: brother:cool:
June 14, 2015 | 6:25am

2-photosnaacp.jpg

“It’s like she’s in blackface,”:p the adopted brother of embattled Spokane, Wash. NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal complained Saturday.

“It’s kind of a slap in the face to African Americans because she doesn’t know what it’s like to be black,” Ezra Dolezal — whose father is half black — told CNN.

Dolezal, 37, was outed by her Caucasian parents last week as “pretending” to be black.

“She’s only been African American when it benefited her. She hasn’t been through all the struggles. She’s only been African American the last few years,” he said.

The brother, who shares the parents’ Northwest Montana home, said he recalls visiting her in Spokane, and her telling him she was starting life over as a black woman.

“She told me not to blow her cover about the fact that she had this secret life or alternate identity,” the brother said.

• (thanks for links above - ed.)
    • Rachel Dolezal’s (mixed-race adopted) brother blames Howard University for her racial self-hatred
      EzraDolezal.jpg

Ezra Dolezal

Rachel Dolezal’s brother breaks silence If you darken your skin, perm your hair, become a baby mama, and have a bad attitude can you pass for a Black woman? For Rachel Dolezal this insulting stereotype worked for her as she assimilated into the Black community in Spokane, Washington. A person might wonder whether Dolezal was deceptive, delusional or just plain crazy. According to her adopted brother, who she claimed was her biological son; it’s a little bit of all three. Ezra Dolezal, 22, gave an in-depth interview to the media recently and made a few startling statements about his adopted sister. “She puts dark makeup on her face and says she black. It’s basically blackface” Ezra stated that Rachel started being “hateful to white people.”

• NAACP’s ‘blackface’ a slap to African Americans: brother
      blackface2.jpg
      “It’s like she’s in blackface,” the adopted brother of embattled Spokane, Wash. NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal complained Saturday. “It’s kind of a slap in the face to African Americans because she doesn’t know what it’s like to be black,” Ezra Dolezal — whose father is half black. “She’s only been African American when it benefited her. She hasn’t been through all the struggles. She’s only been African American the last few years,” he said. The brother, who shares the parents’ Northwest Montana home, said he recalls visiting her in Spokane, and her telling him she was starting life over as a black woman. “She told me not to blow her cover about the fact that she had this secret life or alternate identity,” the brother said.
    • Man In Blackface Sings as Woman
  • Rachel Dolezal, NAACP chapter head at centre of racial identity furor, to give statement

• 'Your legs are the sensual bridges to heaven': The soppy music videos written for white NAACP leader
    by her (black) ex-fiancé before she broke his heart
    RachelDolezal-and-ex-fianceMauriceTurner.jpg
    Spokane NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal may be trending across Twitter for lying about her race, but just a few years ago she was the star of very different online posts. Soppy YouTube music videos created by her former fiancé have emerged and show him gushing about their relationship - before she called off their engagement after just two months. The videos were made by Maurice Turner, a musician from Mississippi, to whom Dolezal became engaged in December 2012 before their union was called off in February 2013. Following their engagement, she flashed a large, sparkling ring on Facebook as they gushed about their future together.
  • Don't Confuse Rachel Dolezal with Caitlyn Jenner
    Thanks to such odd, if not downright pathological, behavior, Dolezal can't even be seen as the latest in a long line of wiggers ranging from Norman Mailer (whose 1957 essay, "The White Negro: Superficial reflections on the hipster" pretty much conceptualized the category) to Eminem (and virtually all white rappers to one degree or another) to Johnny Otis (the Greek-American rock-and-roll pioneer who explicitly chose a black identity, saying "As a kid I decided that if our society dictated that one had to be black or white, I would be black.") In this sense, Dolezal is more akin to Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who asserted without evidence (or worse still, contra evidence) that she was part Cherokee.
  • Rachel Dolezal: The Movie is Inevitable
  • #RachelDolezal

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...dolezal-resigns-as-president-of-spokane-naacp

Rachel Dolezal Resigns As President Of Spokane NAACP
June 15, 201512:07 PM ET

Rachel Dolezal, whose story sparked a national conversation over racial identity, is stepping down as the president of the Spokane chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

In a message to the organization's executive committee, Dolezal said her resignation is in the best interest of the NAACP.

Dolezal made national news after it emerged that she had been presenting herself as being of mixed race when she was really born to white parents. Pictures showed that Dolezal had even undertaken a physical transformation through the years.

"In the eye of this current storm, I can see that a separation of family and organizational outcomes is in the best interest of the NAACP," Dolezal said in a statement posted to the organization's Facebook page. "It is with complete allegiance to the cause of racial and social justice and the NAACP that I step aside from the presidency and pass the baton to my Vice President, Naima Quarles-Burnley."

Over her time at the NAACP, Dolezal had become a prominent figure in the civil rights movement. On Friday, as the drama unfolded, the NAACP issued a statement in support of Dolezal.

"One's racial identity is not a qualifying criteria or disqualifying standard for NAACP leadership," the statement read.

In her statement, Dolezal does not directly address why she identified as black, Native American and white in a government form. She does say that many have opined without knowing the full story, but she doesn't give more details.

"While challenging the construct of race is at the core of evolving human consciousness, we can NOT afford to lose sight of the five Game Changers (Criminal Justice & Public Safety, Health & Healthcare, Education, Economic Sustainability, and Voting Rights & Political Representation) that affect millions, often with a life or death outcome," Dolezal wrote.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/17/dolezal-forced-to-make-sex-tape-with-ex/

Dolezal ‘forced to make bestiality sex tape’ with ex
By David K. Li
June 17, 2015 | 10:44am

dolezal-sex-tape-1.jpg

Spokane-based photographer Thomas Richardson took some sexy shots of Rachel Dolezal in 2012.
Photo: Thomas Richardson/Polaris

Embattled NAACP activist Rachel Dolezal was forced to make a sex tape by her ex-husband, the Daily Mail reported Wednesday, citing court papers.

Dolezal made the accusation against nigger ex-husband Kevin Moore during a divorce and custody battle for their son Franklin, the paper reported.

She said the videotape was “made at request of the defendant which required the plaintiff to participate in sexual acts with the defendant on tape against the plaintiff’s desires,” according to court papers filed in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho, where Moore still lives.

Dolezal claimed she had suffered years of “physical, emotional, sexual and verbal abuse” at Moore’s hands. He has denied her allegations, the paper reported.

Dolezal and Moore were married in 2000. Their split was finalized in 2005.

The court ruled that Moore posed no threat and awarded joint custody of orange niglet Franklin, now 13, to both sides.

It’s the latest shocking claim made by Dolezal, the former NAACP Spokane chapter president who resigned after it emerged she had been lying about her race.

Her white parents from Montana came forward last week to say Dolezal is not black.

She gave a series of interviews to NBC shows on Tuesday, explaining how she identifies herself as African-American despite her lineage.

200px-C-bob.png

Dolezal said she broke down in tears reading about Caitlyn Jenner, claiming the Olympic hero’s transformation to a woman “resonated” with her.

“I cried,” Dolezal said in an interview aired Wednesday on NBC’s “Today” show. “Because I resonated with some of the themes of isolation, of being misunderstood – to not know if you have a conversation with somebody, will that relationship then end because they have seen you as one way?”

Dolezal also revealed that she’s bisexual.

“I’m bisexual. :eek: And so, you know, I’ve dated men and women,” Dolezal said. “And I will intentionally ask, like, ‘So do you just date light-skinned women? What’s your spectrum?’”

During her various chats, Dolezal played down her changed appearance over the years.

She said she’s worked as an African-American hairstylist and spends plenty of time in the sun, explaining her curly hair and dark complexion. :rolleyes:

TMZ reported on Wednesday that Dolezal is a regular customer at a Spokane tanning salon, Palm Beach Tan. She’s reportedly a fan of Mystic Tan, a brand of spray tan.

“I definitely am not white. Nothing about being white describes who I am,” Dolezal told “Today.” “I’m more black than I am white. That’s the accurate answer from my truth.”

http://pagesix.com/2015/06/19/kelly...ostume/?_ga=1.238921920.1768050865.1428934350

Kelly Osbourne blasted for Rachel Dolezal costume
By Derrick Bryson Taylor
June 19, 2015 | 9:21am

Kelly "Quagmire" Osbourne has once again found herself at the center of controversy. On Thursday, the former “Fashion Police” critic mocked Rachel Dolezal, and her social media following wasn’t happy.

“#CallMeRachel #MyCasualLook,” the 33-year-old star captioned her look-alike photo wearing a black blazer, a curly brown wig and a smirk.

Dolezal, a white woman, had been making headlines all week for pretending to have been black for roughly a decade. Her decision to identify as black, and to seemingly erase her privileged past, became a hot-button topic.

And while Osbourne’s photo was more than likely done to get a chuckle from her nearly 2 million followers, many felt she was hypocritical, especially given her “Fashion Police” fiasco with Giuliana Rancic and Zendaya.

“Quits fashion police because she doesn’t want to make fun of people’s looks,” one commenter wrote. “Then makes fun of that wanna be black chicks look. Please.”

Another chimed in on the backlash: “Kelly ur stupid! Not funny at all!”

Her decision to mock the former Spokane, Wash., NAACP leader may be surprising given her dismissive post about the woman seven days ago.

With a split of Dolezal as a white 16-year-old with blond hair and freckles, and her currently, Osbourne said, “This has utterly shocked me!!! It’s a #WholeNewLevelOfWrong.”

http://nypost.com/2015/09/02/rachel-dolezal-says-shes-pregnant/

Rachel Dolezal says she’s pregnant
By David K. Li
September 2, 2015 | 10:17am

Controversial former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal says she’s pregnant.

Dolezal, 37, is in her second trimester and expects to have a boy, she told celebrity gossip site TMZ.

Dolezal, who went to great lengths to portray herself as African-American, resigned her post as president of the NAACP’s Spokane, Wash., chapter earlier this year after her white parents revealed her true background.

She declined to identify the dad of her expected child. :rolleyes:

Dolezal has previously said she has two sons.

One is a 13-year-old she had with ex-husband Kevin Moore. The other is a 21-year-old African-American who grew up as her adopted brother — but later gained legal emancipation from their parents. Dolezal was appointed his guardian.

http://nypost.com/2015/12/08/broke-pregnant-rachel-dolezal-shows-off-her-house/

Broke, pregnant Rachel Dolezal shows off her strange home
By Zachary Kussin
December 8, 2015 | 12:57pm

rd_1.jpg

Rachel Dolezal lounges at home in Spokane, Wash. Photo: Amy Lombard

Rachel Dolezal — the embattled Africana studies professor and NAACP chapter president, who had a hilarious crash-and-burn entry onto the national stage this year after being outed as white — is quite the odd bird.

Without getting into too much detail, her argument for her transracial identity (“I identify as black,” she’s said in the press) has been fully mocked; “cultural appropriator” and “blackface performer” are just some names that have deservedly been thrown her way since making her explosive debut in June.

She lost her teaching job, resigned from her role at the NAACP, no longer has as many friends and can only find part-time work doing black women’s hair. :rolleyes: Pregnant and broke, her life must truly suck. :D

Still, Dolezal managed to crawl out of her hole and bask in the limelight. In a top-notch profile published yesterday by Vice’s Broadly, some seriously strange new details emerge: notably, those of her home in Spokane, Washington. Broadly got to hang out there with her.

The writer refers to her two-bedroom house as pretty, but with a woman as kooky as Dolezal living behind its doors, you can justifiably imagine it’s got some weird stuff inside.

She’s decorated the place with her own artwork: There’s a portrait of Spike Lee’s character Pariah, the protagonist of the 2011 film of the same name, hanging over her fireplace. And, for some reason, there’s a drawing of the Ku Klux Klan chasing down a black girl above her bed. :eek: Maybe art is therapeutic for dealing with her cruel reality?

She draws with pastels in what appears to be a small kitchen and has an art studio in her basement — near where her teenage son, Franklin, sleeps. In a semblance of normalcy, she decorates the front steps of the home with pumpkins in the fall.

In photo albums, there’s a picture of the teepee where she says she was born :no2:; same goes for the document she says is her original birth certificate, which claims Jesus Christ was the doctor who oversaw the birth. :rolleyes:

She’s expecting a baby, whom she’ll name Langston after poet and activist Langston Hughes; she has ultrasound images cut out into heart shapes and a room already saved for him — the one where her adopted son Izaiah lived before heading off to college.

“Life hasn’t been easy for me at all, but I keep going,” she tells Broadly. “I’m still climbing, so you don’t sit down and stop. You keep going, and I want that to be a lesson for all my sons.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4258504/Rachel-Dolezal-insists-did-wrong.html

Jobless, living off food stamps and on the brink of homelessness: Race-faker Rachel Dolezal complains of being 'thrown away' despite 'giving so much' and STILL insists she's done nothing wrong ahead of new book

Dolezal said in interview she is currently jobless feeding family with food stamps
She said she has applied for more than 100 jobs, but no one will hire her
But the 39-year-old's memoir, In Full Color, will be published next month
Her book proposal was shopped to more than 30 publishers before she landed a deal with independent publisher BenBella
She said she wrote the book because she wanted to 'set the record straight' to both the black and white communities that felt as if she had wronged them
Dolezal made international headlines in 2015 after her parents, Larry and Ruthanne, revealed she was a white woman pretending to be black
She resigned from her post as the Spokane, Washington, NAACP leader
And also lost her job as an adjunct instructor at Eastern Washington University
She said she wanted to 'open up this dialogue about race and identity, and to just encourage people to be exactly who they are'

Updated: 07:21 EST, 25 February 2017

Notorious race faker Rachel Dolezal loses elementary school teaching job after district learns about her OnlyFans posts: officials​

By
Social Links for Ronny Reyes

Published Feb. 14, 2024

Updated Feb. 14, 2024, 4:39 p.m. ET

Infamous race faker and former NAACP chapter president Rachel Dolezal lost her job teaching at an Arizona elementary school after the district learned about her OnlyFans account, school officials said.
Dolezal, who is going by Nkechi Diallo, came under fire on Tuesday following reports that the Catalina Foothills School District teacher had an OnlyFans page listed on her public social media account that appeared to be operated by her, News4 Tucson reports.
Dolezal was allegedly making $19 an hour in her teaching job, while also selling content on OnlyFans for $9.99 a month.
Julie Farbarik, the district’s director of alumni & community relations, said in a statement that Diallo’s “posts are contrary to our district’s ‘Use of Social Media by District Employees’ policy and our staff ethics policy”
Dolezal is pictured helping students at the elementary school. 3
Rachel Dolezal, who now goes by the name Nkechi Diallo, is reportedly working with children at the Sunrise Drive Elementary School in Arizona. Facebook / Sunrise Drive Elementary
Dolezal is pictured in one of her OnlyFans photos. 3
She is also selling risque content on OnlyFans for $9.99 a month. OnlyFans

“We only learned of Ms. Nkechi Diallo’s OnlyFans social media posts yesterday afternoon,” Farbarik added. “She is no longer employed by the Catalina Foothills School District.”

According to district records, Dolezal was hired last August with her contract expected to run through May 24 of this year.

About a month after she was hired at the school, Dolezal made a post on her OnlyFans account that received 122 likes, equating to $1,220 for just one photo, according to Outkick.

On her account, Dolezal – who was the subject of controversy in 2015 after being outed as a white woman falsely posing as a black person – advertises content such as “18-image explicit collection AND a video of self-pleasure to orgasm under the Christmas tree.”

Dolezal could not be immediately reached for comment.

She previously claimed that she had to resort to joining the site in 2021 as a side gig after she was unable to get her career back on track following the race scandal.

this March 20, 2017, file photo, Nkechi Diallo, then known as Rachel Dolezal, poses at the bureau of The Associated Press in Spokane, Wash. 3
Dolezal became embroiled in a scandal in 2015 after being outed as a white woman falsely posing as black. AP
“I started with applying for all of the things I was qualified for, and after interviews and getting turned down, I even applied to jobs that didn’t even require degrees, being a maid at a hotel, working at a casino,” Dolezal told Tamron Hall in an interview.

“I wasn’t able to get any of those jobs either,” she lamented.

Prior to the scandal, Dolezal was a prominent African Studies professor in Washington State, as well as the head of the NAACP in Spokane.

Dolezal was also the subject of a welfare fraud case in Spokane, where back in 2019, she agreed to pay $9,000 in restitution and complete 120 hours of community service.

Back