Coon Goes On Rampage At Antelope, CA Wingstop Over Botched Order

voiceofreason

Senior News Editor since 2011
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021/03/17/wingstop-vandalized-wrong-order/

Man Goes On Rampage At Antelope Wingstop Over Botched Order
March 17, 2021 at 8:50 am

angry-wingstop-guy.jpg

ANTELOPE (CBS13) — A violent reaction to a restaurant order led to chaos at a Wingstop in Antelope over the weekend.

The wings are supposed to be fiery — not the customers — but cellphone video shows a man wild about wings getting upset over his order. In a video captured by a witness, a man can be heard saying, “I don’t want the food, I don’t have time to wait on the food again, so now what do we do?”

You can hear an employee tell the man, “It’s either you get the food remade and you go on about your day and stop yelling at my other manager cause that is, no, it’s uncalled for.”

Tharon Trujillo, a customer in the store at the time, recorded the man grabbing the register and slamming it to the ground twice before throwing it out the window.

“I was telling him to calm down. I said, ‘you don’t want to go to jail, you don’t want to go to jail,’” said Trujillo

Trujillo said he overheard the man say the restaurant gave him the wrong order twice. When the register went through the window, he says he was surrounded by glass.

“Definitely when I seen it I was kind of shook up a little bit, they [employees] were definitely shook up behind, the ladies behind were definitely shook up, and they were like thank you for staying. It’s definitely not what you see every day,” he said.

The manager of the Wingstop restaurant says the man claimed he was missing several wings and wanted a refund, which she says is not allowed under company policy for online orders.

Regulars at the restaurant who have experienced order issues in the past say they are stunned by the reaction.

Back