Crazed Ali assaults ambo

William of the White Hand

Junior News Editor
Diversity wins again!

Ali Mobayad accused of assaulting ambo as she treated car crash victim

* April 01, 2011 12:00AM

629851-ali-mobayad.jpg

Denies guilt ... Ali Mobayad is accused of assaulting a paramedic.

A PARAMEDIC was threatened and assaulted as she tried to treat a crash patient, a court heard yesterday.

Police allege Ali Mobayad, 30, was involved in a verbal altercation with paramedic Karen Matthews outside Berala Public School as she was treating a patient who was injured in a car accident.

Documents tendered to Burwood Local Court yesterday revealed that the Auburn man double parked in a school zone - the only charge he pleaded guilty to - before allegedly getting out of his car and pounding on the Rapid Response vehicle's driver-side window and "threatening" the 37-year-old paramedic.

It is alleged Mobayad then began yelling and swearing at the ambulance officer before assaulting her just after 3pm on March 7.

Court documents stated the alleged offences "caused a real fear of actual physical violence" and prevented Ms Matthews from "executing her duties as a paramedic".

The court heard the accused left the scene, but was arrested [on Yarram Road, Lidcombe] shortly after 4.30pm.

He was charged with negligent driving, menacing driving, common assault and hindering an ambulance officer by act of violence - all of which he has denied and pleaded not guilty to yesterday.

Outside court, Mobayad became irate after he spotted The Daily Telegraph waiting with cameras.

"You see this face - if you use that image you will never see the end of this," he said. "I don't care what happens to me, I'll kill you if you use that photo ... you f ... ing idiot."

The man will return to court on May 5.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...car-crash-victim/story-e6freuzi-1226031629895

Back