Disturbing video shows black Amazon worker as she’s attacked by white women in luxury Texas building while dropping off package

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Disturbing video shows black Amazon worker as she’s attacked by white women in luxury Texas building while dropping off package​

By
Social Links for Yaron Steinbuch

Published Dec. 29, 2023, 9:51 a.m. ET

Woman attacking Amazon worker JaMaiya Miller
A black Amazon delivery driver has posted disturbing video of being attacked by two white women inside a luxury building in Texas -- one of whom accused her of being a "thief."

Disturbing video shows a black Amazon delivery driver in Texas being savagely assaulted by two white women inside a luxury building — one of whom accused her of being a “thief” as she tried to drop off a package.
JaMaiya Miller, 25, was out on delivery at The Belle Mead at River Oaks apartment complex near Houston on Dec. 16 and was buzzed into the complex by a resident, KHOU reported.
However, once she was in the building, the same resident who let her in to deliver the package then told her she was not supposed to be there.
Another woman then showed up and the two unidentified women allegedly assaulted Miller.
In a TikTok video posted by the Amazon worker, a woman is heard saying, “We’ve had thieves here and you’re thief!”
Miller then says, “Excuse me, don’t touch me,” but the woman continues to place her hands on the Amazon employee.
Meanwhile, the other woman threatens to call security.
“OK, yeah, do that, please, because she’s harassing me,” Miller tells her.
“I’m calling security!” the resident yells out.
Woman attacking Amazon worker 7
JaMaiya Miller, a black Amazon delivery driver, shared a disturbing video of being attacked by two white women inside a luxury building in Texas. redrosemedia_ / Instagram
One of the women who allegedly attacked Miller 7
One of the women accused Miller of being a “thief.” redrosemedia_ / Instagram
“Thank you, please call security,” Miller says, prompting the woman to shout, “No, on you! On you!”
Meanwhile, the first woman is seen pushing the driver against a wall and attacking her.
“Excuse me, ma’am! Excuse me, ma’am!” Miller pleads.
“She was hitting me with her phone, making all sorts of claims, and she was also literally preventing me from going anywhere,” she told KHOU.
JaMaiya Miller 7
The Amazon worker said she has lost sleep and been unable to eat since the scary attack. KHOU 11
“It was the scariest thing because I didn’t know how it was going to end,” she told the outlet.
“It just looked like such a wild scene with me, the black woman, with these two rich white ladies. So honestly, that was the most terrifying part, is the lengths at which they were willing to go physically assaulting me.”
A doorman finally arrived and de-escalated the situation, allowing Miller to break free and call 911. Houston police said they are investigating the incident.
Belle Meade at River Oaks 7
The Belle Meade at River Oaks KHOU 11
In the video, Miller wrote: “This lady spewed racist tropes, like I was a thief, and hit me several times… I have never experienced such racist, Karen, behavior. It was so off the wall, but also completely on brand with how white women have historically weaponized their privilege.
“The best example of this in the video is when she claims I am hitting her, while literally hitting me,” she wrote.
Management at the Belle Meade at River Oaks told KHOU that they are “aware of the unfortunate incident,” and that “the actions of third parties do not, in any way, reflect the values of Belle Meade at River Oaks.
“We care deeply about creating a hospitable environment and safety of all residents, guests, employees and service providers,” the statement says.
Video Miller being harassed 7
The video of the ugly encounter has gone viral. redrosemedia_ / Instagram
It added that the building policy calls for all packages to be delivered to the concierge desk. However, Miller said her instructions were to deliver the package to a suite.
“To the best of our understanding, a resident mistakenly allowed the Amazon delivery driver onto a restricted-access elevator and a resident hallway within the building, where the event took place,” Belle Meade at River Oaks said.
“At this time, we are exploring all options and fully cooperating with the Houston Police Department. Due to the ongoing investigation, please direct all further inquiries to HPD,” it added.
The tony apartment complex boasts real oak hardwood floors, 10-foot ceilings, an executive business center and a 24-hour fitness center.
Police said its Major Assaults Division will interview everyone involved and present the material to the District Attorney’s Office for possible charges, according to KHOU.
Woman holding phone in front of Miller 7
Police say they are investigating the incident. redrosemedia_ / Instagram
An Amazon rep told Click 2 Houston in a statement that the video is “concerning.”
“We’re supporting the delivery partner and working with law enforcement as they investigate,” the company said.
“We proactively communicate to drivers who deliver for Amazon that they are never required to make a delivery if they feel unsafe,” it added.
Belle Meade at River Oaks 7
The building management says “the actions of third parties do not, in any way, reflect the values of Belle Meade at River Oaks.” KHOU 11
Miller, who said she was wearing an Amazon vest during the incident, is glad she showed restraint.
“Imagining myself hitting that old woman in the moment doesn’t make me feel good. Imagining if I had done that doesn’t bring me a good feeling,” she told the outlet.
“I’m glad I handled it the way that I did so that it is clear who the attacker was.”

Miller said she has taken time off work after the scary encounter.

“It’s been super disruptive,” she told the Houston Chronicle. “I’ve lost sleep. It’s hard to eat. It took me a while to edit and post the video because it’s hard to watch.”

Back