Grammy Winner Finds Something New She’s Good At

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/06/09/grammy-winner-finds-something-new-shes-good-at/

Grammy Winner Finds Something New She’s Good At
June 9, 2013 5:00 AM
By John Ostapkovich

janis-ian.jpg

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Singer/songwriter Janis Ian is now the voice of the audio book industry, after winning a Grammy for her autobiography, a combination of narration and song.

Ian won a Grammy before, in 1975, for her famous coalburning song “At Seventeen”, so she was familiar with the pressures of an awards show, but the 2013 Grammy for Best Spoken Word Album caught her by surprise.

“It’s pretty amazing,” she said. “I was standing backstage, thinking, okay, Michelle Obama is definitely going to get it and if she doesn’t definitely get it, Bill Clinton will get it. There’s no chance of me getting it, so just take a deep breath and prepare to lose graciously, and I was so convinced that I wasn’t going to get it that when I did get it, they had to shove me onstage because I thought it was a mistake.”

But Ian didn’t just narrate her 2008 autobiography “Society’s Child,” she also sang it in parts. Now she’s looking to lend her voice to other people’s stories, to advance the sales and craft of audio books, already a more than a billion dollar a year business

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian won a Grammy before, in 1975, for her famous coalburning song “At Seventeen”
Just another wibbitch mid 60s Russian Jewish subversive of White Americans. Leonard Bernstein really pushed her into the limelight. The other miscegenation song was "Society's Child" but other than the coal burning lyrics, the music itself was brilliantly hypnotic but with the words the song became mind control for young impressionable minds of White girls to get them longing for something they were told back then was wrong, causing the spirits of girls to rebel eventually breaking the social taboo of sex with blacks.
Privileged Janice Fink changed her surname to Ian to become a fellow White girl, a wibbitch. I have nothing nice to say about Janice Fink. Like most Jewesses she ends up with enlarged facial features, hanging onto faked beauty using a lot of face paint and hair color.

I'd recently watched her interview, it gauls me to hear her say her folk music is criticized by the "Folk Nazis" which she meant, those 2 songs on race mixing. Janice came out as a lesbian in 1993.

Wikipedia
Born in Farmingdale, New Jersey,[3] Ian was raised on a farm, and attended East Orange High School in East Orange, New Jersey,[4] and the New York City High School of Music & Art. Both sets of grandparents (from Kyiv, Ukraine; Tashkent, Uzbekistan; and Poland) lived in the New York-New Jersey area, having emigrated via England in about 1918.[5] Her parents, Victor, a music teacher, and Pearl, a college fundraiser, were Jewish-born liberal atheists who ran several summer camps in upstate New York.[6]

Her parents were also involved in black civil rights movement.
Rant over.

Back