Mohammed Cartoons

Proud Aussie

Registered

Aust Muslims warn against publishing cartoon
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200602/s1562800.htm

Here we go in Australia. Once again, where ever the muslims go strife follows....

My red highlights. My comments in [].

There has been a warning from Australia's peak Muslim group that any publication in Australia of a Danish cartoon depicting the Prophet Mohammed could cause offence.

The president of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils, Dr Ameer Ali, says while the cartoon is yet to be published in Australia, the community is already aware of the issue.

"The react
ion is already in fact the imams are giving sermons in the mosques sayi
ng that this sort of action can only create more bin Ladens than to reduce him," he said.

Dr Ali says publishing the cartoon would cause too much offence.

[Yet ano
ther warning from the muslims. I wish they could be honest enough to admit that as soon as the cartoons are published here they will riot/murder/rape knowing they are doing the work of islam.]

"Which is more important - to preserve the freedom of speech or to antagonise one fifth of humanity," he said.

[one fith would make you a minority]

The warning comes as Queensland Muslims say they had hoped the state's largest newspaper would have had more sense than to publish one of the cartoons..

The Courier Mail's Saturday edition included one cartoon in a story about the backlash.
<br /
>The Islamic Council of Queensland president, Abdul Jalal, says the p
aper should apologise to the state's Muslims.

"I was hoping, praying that our media people would have more - I hate to use the word - more sense, in not trying to agitate the situation in the local scene here in Australia," he said.

[Blame the newspaper for covering muslim violence overseas and showing
us how little it takes to ignite muslim violence. Also show us how pathetically insecure muslims are]

Opposition

The Federal Opposition says violent protests prompted by the cartoons are an assault on fundamental freedoms in Western democracies.

Opposition foreign affairs spokesman Kevin Rudd says the recent protests are repugnant and should not be tolerated.

Mr Rudd says any decision on whether to publish the cartoons in Australia should be made solely on editorial groun
ds.

"This is a free country, we should not be stood over by any group, including militant Islamist groups," he said.

color:red'>[Thankfully some politicians see the reality]

"These decisions should be taken on their journalistic merits by Australia's news media - we should not be kow-towing to anybody when it comes to freedom in this country."

Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance federal secretary Chris Warren, who is also the president of the International Federation of Journalists, says free speech is e
ssential in a democratic society.

"I think the role of the government should be absolutely nothing - the role of the government in free speech matters is to do nothing, the role of the government is to allow different points of view to contend and out of that people will be able to form their views," he said.

"I think the global fallout of this is extraordinar
y.

"I think it shows in many countries the role of the free press - it ignores the important role of satire.

"I think it would be very unfortunate if that real global misunderstan
ding also took root in Australia, which has always had a very clear understanding of the role of free speech and free expression and satire," he said.

The Federation of Islamic Councils says it will take its concerns to the Federal Government.

[No doubt presented in the form of a riot]

[/b]

Australian website publishes cartoons
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=85446

Give Tim Blair a cigar!

Cannot wait for the muslim "rallies" and "demonstrations".

An Australian website has published the cartoons of the prophet Mohammed that sparked riots among Islamic militants.

Political commentator Tim Blair has published 12 of the cartoons on his website.

"Odd that this concern over maintaining the peace doesn't limit Muslim commentary on other religions or communities," Mr Blair said on his website.

"The Islamic Bookstore in Lakemba, for

example, sells vicious anti-Semitic tract The Protocols of the Elders of Zion as well as various anti-Christian titles (Crucifixion or Cruci-FICTION?).

"Sheik Khalid Yasin, a regular guest lecturer in Australia, declared that there's no such thing as a Muslim having
a non-Muslim friend and denounced modern clothes as the work of faggots, homosexuals and lesbians."

Mr Blair said those and other examples were more hateful and moronic than the 12 Danish cartoons "not one of which depicts the Prophet eating babies, poisoning fruit, or infecting Africans with AIDS".

"Far from being against hate-speech, many Muslim spokesmen seem to be aggressively for it; until, of course, someone contemplates publishing harmless drawings of an old beardy guy," he said.

Mr Blair said he would ignore warnings from the general secretary of the Board of Imams of Victoria that the cartoons could "disturb people who can do things that we don't want them to do&q
uot;

Meanwhile, Muslims say they are offended by a cartoon reproduced in a Brisbane newspaper after it sparked world-wide Islamic outrage.

Any depiction of the prophet Mohammed was blasphemous, said Kuranda Seyit, the director of think tank and advocacy organisation the Forum on Australia's Islamic Relations (FAIR).
n
On Saturday, the Courier-Mail reprinted one of a series of cartoons run in Denmark's Jyllands-Posten newspaper.

The cartoon showed bombers queuing to get into heaven with the prophet Mohammed standing on a cloud telling them to stop coming because heaven had run out of virgins.

Any depiction of holy people, including Mohammed, was regarded by Muslims as blasphemy, Mr Seyit said.

"It's a double whammy in the sense that it's not just an insult to the religion but it's also a religious offence because it's something that we are not allowed to do," he said.

The cartoon was also inaccurate in that it insinuated Musl
ims beli
eved the suicide bombers would have virgins waiting for them when they died.

"It's often quoted that the Koran says a martyr, someone who dies in battle, will get 70 virgins as a reward but there's nothing like that," Mr Seyit said.

"That's just a misconception which has propagated over and over again for the last 100 years," he said.

"It's not funny and it
's not informative.

"It's just basically an outright offensive cartoon."

The Courier-Mail on Monday followed up the depiction with one by an Australian cartoonist showing a turbaned man with rabbit ears in Middle Eastern garb and selling Easter Eggs as he spoke to a figure of Christ on a cross.

On the same page was an article written by Mr Seyit explaining why Muslims were offended by drawings of Mohammed.

The paper appeared to be trying to lampoon other religions, apart from Islam, Mr Seyit said.

Mr Seyit said he would be talking t
o other Musl
im leaders on Monday about the cartoons.

"I will definitely put in a letter of complaint and possibly follow it up with media and possibly a complaint to the Australian Press Council."

The Islamic community would also consider holding rallies and demonstrations, he said.

Courier-Mail editor David Fagan on Monday declined to comment.

Paper won't publish prophet cartoons
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...444^661,00.html

CONTROVERSIAL cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed are endangering lives and should not be published by Australian media, the editor of Melbourne tabloid the Herald Sun has said.

Peter Blunden today said the newspaper would not publish the cartoons, which have sparked riots across the Muslim world since they were first printed by a Danish newspaper.
Mr Blunden said the Herald Sun did not need to publish the cartoons to demonstrate press freedom and that to do so was "more trouble tha

n it's worth".

"Why would you put people at risk?

"The reaction that it caused is absurd ' I mean to see embassies burnt down over a bunch of cartoons, you shake your head at that," Mr Blunden told Southern Cross Ra
dio today.

"Australians are easily offended and we've occasionally offended people but they don't go round burning out embassies as a result."

[Here Mr Blunden makes a PC slip up. If Australians don't burn embassies how would you be putting people at risk? The answer is of course muslims are not Australian and they WOULD burn down embassies or your newspaper office.]

Mr Blunden's comments come after senior Victorian Islamic cleric Sheikh Fehmi El-Imam yesterday warned that printing the cartoons in Australia could incite violence.
[Honesty at last from a purveyor of muslim violence]
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><
!--Q
uoteEEnd-->

They'll be screaming and hollering when the day of reckoning comes upon them - screaming all the way into hell.

They're just one step above the niggers showing a slightly greater IQ then the jigs having learned to tame a camel and cover up their smelly women.

Yes Buster and you forgot they are the ones that also invented the concept of zero and protected all that ancient greek/roman knowledge when thoes cultures fell.

Originally posted by cltncblondeeagle@Feb 6 2006, 02:14 PM
Yes Buster and you forgot they are the ones that also invented the concept of zero and protected all that ancient greek/roman knowledge when thoes cultures fell.
Muslims are probably the only culture that has actually gone backwards. They were more advanced 700 years ago then they are today.

You're exactly right. If you take the GDP of all the Mud-slum nations and add it together, it equals less than that of a single European country. No, not Germany, not the UK, nor France, but Christian Spain. Spain single-handedly kicks ass--economically--all over the entire sand-nigger oil-sheikdoms. And that's without any help from any other Western economy. No wonder the sand-niggers are pissed, they cannot compete now and they won't ever be able to catch up. They are worse than niggers.

You got it RASP!. In addition to your comments 1492 was a golden year for Spain. That one single year they expelled the remaining mudslums from their country AND Columbus landed in the new world. Many mud slum countries are basically theocracies which is one reason why they are so backward. They let their backwards "cult" dictate how they should be governed.

Premier defends cartoon publishing
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...597^661,00.html

I am glad our politicians are not bowing to the muslim hyper-sensitivity. However, despite all rational comments from our politicians I think we will see some kind of "retaliatory strike". After all it is what muslims do best.

PREMIER Peter Beattie has strongly supported freedom of speech after a second Queensland newspaper published a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed.

The Rockhampton Morning Bulletin today joined Brisbane's Courier-Mail in publishing one of 12 cartoons first p

rinted in Denmark and which have sparked a violent backlash across the Muslim world.
Any depiction of Mohammed is considered blasphemous and banned in Arab countries, although not in some non-Arab Islamic countries.

But Mr Beat
tie said he felt strongly about freedom of the press in Australia.

"I strongly support their right to publish these cartoons," Mr Beattie said.

"For someone who is committed to multiculturalism, I just say to our Muslim community with whom I have a good relationship, that our way, the Australian way is the right to freedom of expression and the right to be critical in a cynical way and that is the strength of our democracy.

"Nobody is off limits. I am not off limits. Jesus Christ is not off limits. No one's off limits and we all know that."

Mr Beattie, himself the subject of many a cartoonist's barbed hand, said he had often seen anti-Christian depictions printed in the press.

Rockhampton Morning Bulletin editor Steve Etwell said he decided to print the image because of public interest.

"I think there's an interest in this we'd be silly to ignore," he told ABC radio.

Courier-Mail editor David Fagan, who published one of the cartoons last Saturday, will meet representatives of the Is
lamic community tomorrow to discuss the issue.

Disgust follows cartoon
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...255E662,00.html

Where to begin with this article? We have met model muslim citizen Mr. Habib before in AUS:Offenders of Middle Eastern Appearance. Apparently his new found celebrity status qualifies him to have a news article dedicated to his opinions on the mohummad cartoons. We must congratulate the Herald Sun for bringing his important opinions to our attention.

A rational person may have thought that Mr. Habib would keep a low profile. After all, he was imprisoned in Terrorists Paradise Guantanamo Bay on suspicion of terrorism. Whether he is guilty or not a rational person would not then issue veiled threats to his host country. Of course Mr Habib is not a rational person he is a muslim. L

ets be realistic. Telling us, Australia, to wa
it and see what the "bad" reaction to the cartoons will be must be a threat of violence. If not terrorism.

IF Mr.Habib is an honest law abiding citizen then any reaction to a cartoon that offends his delicate muslim sensibilites will be legal. So tell us what it will be. A peacful demonstration? Letters to papers and politicians? What?

No. As world news demonstrates. Mr Habib knows. We all know. The muslim reaction to the cartoons is and will continue to be violence. Mr Habib, we are pleased that you are "glad to be living freely" in our country. However, if you don't keep your hate filled, zealot muslim mouth shut "you will find out" that this situation can change.

Interesting how veiled threats work both ways, isn't it Mr. Habib.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE
'><
!--QuoteEBegin-->FORMER Guantanamo Bay inmate Mamdouh Habib says cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammed are
disgusting and Muslims are justifiably angry at their publication.

Violent protests have followed the publication of a series of cartoons -- initially printed in a Danish newspaper -- one of which shows Mohammed wearing a turban resembling a bomb.
Mr Habib, who was detained without charge in Guantanamo Bay after being captured by US soldiers in Pakistan in 2001, yesterday said he understood Muslim anger.

"It's disgusting," Mr Habib said. "My religion is for me. If you make fun of my religion, everybody's angry and the result is going to be bad."

Asked to clarify what he meant, Mr Habib replied: "You will find out."

He said he was glad to be living freely in Australia with his family[/b][/quote]

Muslim cartoon protest at consulate
February 24, 2006
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18258935-1243,00.html

I saw the protest on TV. "Several hundred" included the police, press and onlookers.

Surprisingly peacful protest, no flag burning. All waving Australian flags. If one looked closely it was obvious that most protestors were women and children. I'm not sure where all the brave muslim "men" were.

SEVERAL hundred Muslims have been staging a peaceful demonstration outside Melbourne's Danish consulate.

The protest was called to express solidarity with Islamic communities around the world offended by cartoons of the pro
phet Mohammed published in Danish newspapers.

Waving Australian flags, the group heard from several speakers as a small group of police guarded the doors of the building on St Kilda
Road, in inner Melbourne. [/b]

Liberals emailed Mohammed cartoons
Samantha Maiden, Political correspondent
March 01, 2006
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/commo...55E2702,00.html

So while the leftist politicians preach multiculturalism they also distribute the mohummad cartoons. Brilliant!

THE Liberal MP charged with selling the Howard Government's message on multiculturalism has been embarrassed by his own branch members distributing the "offensive" anti-Muslim cartoon that sparked deadly protests worldwide.

Andrew Robb, the federal member for the Victorian seat of Goldstein and recently appointed Parliamentary Secretary for Immigration and Multicult
ural Affairs, confirmed yesterday that he demanded action after his Brighton party branch distributed the offending images.

The 200-strong Brighton branch published
the offending cartoons in an email newsletter just days before violent protests over the images in Nigeria in which 16 people were killed.

Mr Robb, who coincidentally spent yesterday in talks with Muslim leaders in Canberra, told The Australian that email distribution of the Mohammed cartoons was "offensive".

In a letter to Victorian Liberal Party state director Julian Sheezel, Mr Robb, a former federal Liberal Party director, demanded "appropriate action" be taken over the caricatures of the prophet Mohammed.

"It's provocative and offensive. I feel strongly that the attachment runs counter to the advice of the Prime Minister that the right to freedom of speech is an essential right, but one which must be exercised responsibly and sensitively," he wrote.

However, Mr Robb defended the "naive" branch member who emailed the cartoon to other party members.

.........[/b]

Back