Muslims plan post-disaster strategy

Proud Aussie

Registered
Muslims Fear Backlash
Herald Sun Tuesday Feb 21 2006 page 13

I know I am not supposed to use profanity on this forum. Lets see if I can do it......

The muslims are devising a strategy to help THEM cope with an act of terrorism that THEY are undoubtedly planning.

Do their plans of personal protection and mosque guarding involve illegal firearms? As we saw in Sydney after Cronulla?

Do they believe that if they stand in solidarity with non-muslims then they will not be targetted as the terrorists that they are?

Why do the police discuss this with the muslims? Surely this is just another veiled threat of terrorism. If the muslims need this strategy then to their hate filled, zealot minds it is obviously a question of "when" not "if" terrorism will happen here in the name of islam.

If these filthy animals cond
uct a London style attack in Australia I believe we will see an Australian crusade on ALL muslim
s. The muslims thought Cronulla was big. That will be a childs birthday party by comparison.

Will anyone other than me suggest the following? It is not rocket science. A child or even a dog could understand it....

Rather than devising a way to protect themselves from reprisals after the muslims commit terrorism, the muslims should devise a way not commit the terrorism.

Sorry I forgot. Terrorism is just another dimension to their filthy culture that we must all embrace in the spirit of multi-culturalism. F_CK! (Sorry, I could not do it)

Vistoria's peak Islamic body has established a "post-disaster" strategy to protect Melbourne's Muslims from a backlash in the event of a London-style bombing in Australia.

The strategy, including personal protection, guardi
ng mosques and solidarity displays with non-muslims after an attack, may be ready by next month's Commonwealth Games.

The Islamic Council of Victoria and Victoria Police have discussed how the Muslim community should respond
to a terrorist attack and how it could protect itself against vigilante reprisals.

-Mark Dunn[/b]

Caring for moms</span>
The Pregnant Moms Program aims to help low-income women get the care they need from pregnancy until their children get through kindergarten.

Link: http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/53611

My Comments in red. WH

Not much here......A fat black sow uses a free charity for prenatal care. This story is typical of the Roanoke Times: Its part of the "Niggers are wonderful but need our help" image that our local paper projects.

0221_news_230x159.jpg

<!--coloro:
#3366FF-->LaShawnda Delaney-Brown and Lisa Myers sat cross-legged on the living room floor of Delaney-Brown's Roanoke apartment last week and talked diabetes.

Delaney-Brown is about 28 weeks -- or seven months -- pregnant. Myers is a community health nurse for the Child Health Inves
tment Partnership of the Roanoke Valley. She visited Delaney-Brown as part of a pilot program CHIP has launched for low-income pregnant women. Read: BLACK SOW MAMMIES ON WELFARE

A previous test showed Delaney-Brown had an abnormal glucose level. Delaney-Brown's doctor wants her to take another test to see if she has full-blown gestational diabetes, which affects pregnant women.

Myers asked Delaney-Brown if she had been told a
bout the benefits and risks of the test. But Delaney-Brown, who is 29 and married, wasn't sure she wanted to take the second test.

Myers said it was her right not to take it.

"I'll just keep encouraging you to have it done," Myers told her.

Their conversation marked Myers' second home visit with Delaney-Brown. She is one of four women enrolled in CHIP's new project, called the Pregnant Moms Program. Two more women are awaiting enrollment, Myers said.

The goal of the project is to establish a relationship with a woman w
hile she is pregnant and carry that through prenatal and postnatal care, immunizations and up through kindergarten, said Robin Haldiman, CHIP's executive director.

CHIP works with medically underserved children and their families by providing children with health care and their families with coordination of services and support. It covers Roanoke, Salem, and the counties of Roanoke, Botetourt and Craig. Clients
qualify for the program based on their income.

Haldiman pointed out that Roanoke has a high rate of babies who are born at low birth weights. That puts babies at higher risk for serious health problems and is a factor in 65 percent of infant deaths, according to the March of Dimes.

CHIP hopes to reduce the low birth-weight rate and the number of sudden infant death syndrome cases, address the mental health of the pregnant mothers and encourage them to stop high-risk behavior such as smoking or drinking alcohol.
Common sense would tell you to do that.[/c
olor]

Haldiman has shifted money within CHIP to fund the prenatal visit program.

"We just want to work with them as soon as possible," Haldiman said.

The program does not take the place of doctor's visits,
but the aim is to practice preventive health care. CHIP also provides transportation to prenatal appointments. Haldiman said CHIP gets referrals from the obstetric and gynecological clinic at Carilion Health System in Roanoke, which <span style="color:#3366FF">serves many women who are Medicaid recipients.

Meanwhile, the Roanoke and Alleghany Health Districts has a program that has provided home visits to pregnant mothers and infants called Mother Infant Care Coordination, according to Linda Hudgins, a public health nurse supervisor.

The department is sharing referrals with CHIP to make sure they don't duplicate efforts, Hudgins said.

Barbara Pack, outreach education coordinator for the Blue Ridge Perinatal Council, said the council is hoping CHIP will be "very successful in this
program."

She said she hopes home visits will help increase the breast-feeding rate locally and spread the word
that mothers should put babies to sleep on their backs to avoid SIDS.

Pack also said she thought the program could help in cases of "even things that seem simple, like mixing formula." Some mothers dilute the formula in an effort to stretch funds at the end of the month, Pack said. But that can make babies sick, Pack said.

The home visits may prove especially important in Delaney-Brown's case, because she is considered high-risk.

This is her ninth pregnancy. Because Delaney-Brown has problems with her cervix, her previous pregnancies have all resulted in miscarriages and early labor.

"This one will be different," Myers said. "We'll think positive."

During the visit, Delaney-Brown said she planned to check her blood sugar four times a day. When Myers asked her about her blood pressure, Delaney-Brown proudly told her it is 118 over 72. (That's good.)

Myers checked that Delane
y-Brown had enrolled in the W
omen, Infants and Children program, a federal program that provides nutritious food to pregnant women, mothers and children. She also asked if Delaney-Brown was taking her prenatal vitamins, what her stress level was and how often the baby moved.

Myers gave her handouts on the pros and cons of breast- versus bottle-feeding and on baby-proofing her home.

Then she asked about smoking. Delaney-Brown admitted that she had a few cigarettes when she was living with relatives, but hasn't had any since she and her husband moved into their own place.

She has not had any alcohol, nor does she experience any violence, she said.

"I love my husband," Delaney-Brown said. "He is my world."

With her history of miscarriages, Delaney-Brown said she was scared to start buying things for the baby.

Myers told her that making it to 28 weeks was a good sign. She said she thought it was OK to start buying a few things.

"If I hit
30 [weeks], I'm throwing a party," Delaney-Brown
said.

Back