Negro who stabbed WM Sydney teacher, 51 to death not guilty on the grounds of mental illness

voiceofreason

Senior News Editor since 2011
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-who-s...us-stop-found-not-guilty-20171020-gz57zw.html

October 20 2017

Man who stabbed Sydney teacher to death at Camperdown bus stop found not guilty
1508477351355.jpg

A man who stabbed dead a stranger waiting at a Sydney bus stop has been found not guilty on the grounds of mental illness.

The 29-year-old man, who cannot be named, was living in transitional housing for people with mental health conditions when he walked outside and killed school teacher Brian Liston at a Camperdown bus stop in December 2015.

According to one witness, Mr Liston, 51, yelled, "Why are you doing this?" when he was attacked by the barefooted man.

1508477351355.jpg

She said he started to run but fell over in the street and was continually stabbed in "slow and long" motions.

"Please stop stabbing me. Stop. Stop. Somebody help. Somebody help me. He is going to stab me to death," Mr Liston reportedly screamed.

Another witness saw the victim throw one of his shoes at the accused "in an effort to distract him", the judgment states.

Back