New Nation Noose News

U

Unregistered

Germantown Performing Arts Center fired for tying 'noose-like' knots

Although not a murder, rape, or other capitol crime, here's a story which you may want to read and post:

Terminated GPAC employee talks
MattStrampe.jpg

Matt Strampe
Ropes still hang above the Germantown Performing Arts Center stage. But the knots are no longer tied the way former Technical Director Matt Strampe tied them.

"A lot of different knots are used in the theater," says Strampe.

He tells Action News 5 he had no clue that tying a knot similar to a hangman's noose would cost him his job.

"If somebody had contacted me and said these knots, we think they're offensive, they would have been taken down without question," says Strampe.

Instead, an African American employee complained to a supervisor. Germantown's City Administrator got involved.
Strampe and two part-time employees were fired.

"I had no idea that it was coming," says Strampe.

The City Administrator says it should not have come as such a shock.

"This is extremely offensive to the African American community," says Patrick Lawton. "I can't think of anything worse and so we took appropriate action," he adds.

He says Strampe's actions bordered on intimidation, harassment, and workplace violence. Condoning it would have sent the wrong message. He says claiming ignorance to it's connotations doesn't cut it.

"And to say I didn't understand that or wasn't aware of that does not give these employees a pass," says Lawton.

"Mr Lawton, I don't believe what happened was right," says Strampe. "I believe that it was just wrong," he adds.

Strampe believes his firing was both unreasonable and rash.

c_pc_tl.gif
WEB POLL
Do you agree with the decision to fire 3 employees for tying noose-like knots in ropes above the stage at GPAC?
Yes, firing them was the right thing to do.

No, the punishment was too harsh.

I don't know, it's a tough call.

Re: Germantown Performing Arts Center fired for tying 'noose-like' knots

Tying a noose is an essential that every White should know; the "Day of the Rope" will soon be upon us.

n1q.jpg

n2x.jpg

These coons are unusually sensitive when they see a noose.

Mr. Strampe should have a case for wrongful dismissal. He is being singled out because he is White. Would a Korean have been treated in the same way?

Skara Brae

Hanging Nigger halloween display causes chimpout

Hanging Nigger halloween display causes chimpout [Must see video at link!]

'Hanging' Halloween Display Angers Many In N.J.
Dark-Skinned Man Being Lynched Causes Outrage :laugh:

WATCHUNG, N.J. It's been taken out of public view and off the shelves, but a controversial Halloween display showing a brown-skinned man being lynched is still drawing strong reaction from New Jersey residents.

lg

A controversial front window display was out of sight Tuesday at a "Halloween Scene" store in Watchung. But Delores Jackson is still reacting to the painful, racist image she says it depicts.

"An African American man hanging from a rope," said Jackson, who lives in Scotch Plains. "I immediately thought of the Civil Rights movement."

It took a few discussions, but Jackson was finally able to convince the store's management to remove the so called "hanging victim."

Jackson said she's concerned not only about the effort it took to get the display taken down, but why the company would put it up in the first place.

"I didn't think of anything until people were complaining," said "Mark," the store manager.

But that explanation didn't sit well with area residents.

"It does offend me," a woman named Hazel said. "They used to lynch us. Didn't they?

Added Watchung resident Gloria Borruujy: "Oh my gosh, that is offensive, I'm sorry to say."

One woman said her concern has nothing to do with the figure's skin color.

"It could scare kids," Greenbrook resident Liz Kaltman. "And Halloween is all about the kids."

Halloween scene stores are no longer selling the "hanging victim."

And a co-owner for the First Imperial Trading Company, the figure's California-based distributor, blames its appearance on an inaccurate mold and color match.

"I'm of Indian decent," Jack Singh said. "I found it disturbing to myself. I'm not in the business of offending anybody, and when we go back into production we'll make sure the figure doesn't look that way."

Assemblyman Jerry Green, D-Plainfield, is now looking into the matter.

"I don't care who you are," Green said. "This is not acceptable."

For Jackson, that's good news, but it means nothing for those figures which were sold before she spoke up.

Assemblyman Green is already looking into a potentially explosive incident in neighboring Plainfield, involving a racial slur printed on a store receipt. It's a story you also saw on CBS 2 HD.

Outrage: Nigger Finds Racist Remarks On Cell Receipt

As for the "Halloween Scene" store chain, executives say the "hanging victim" figure has been taken off the shelf in every one of its tri-state retail locations.

Re: Hanging Nigger halloween display causes chimpout

Halloween hanging display removed

Decoration is called racially insensitive

A Halloween decoration of a hanging man was removed from a Watchung store after a woman complained about the display, saying the figure resembled a black man.

The life-size inflatable decoration, which had been displayed in the window of Halloween Scene at the Blue Star Shopping Center, was gone yesterday.

An employee said the display had been removed Monday, the day after the complaint was made. The worker, who would not give his full name, was not authorized to speak for the store.

Store managers could not be reached for comment last night.

Delores Jackson of Scotch Plains said she had complained about the decoration while she was shopping at the mall Sunday afternoon. To her, it looked like a black man hanging and reminded her of lynchings.

"I was really upset with the fact that in the 21st century, something like that would be displayed," Jackson said last night. "They're not sensitive to what African-Americans had gone through here in the United States."

Wearing blue clothing and work boots, the inflatable man, which retailed for $79.99, had one hand chopped off and was shown to be decaying. After Jackson complained, a mask was placed over the face of the decoration. The entire piece subsequently was removed.

After Jackson and her family made the initial complaint, store employees said no measures could be taken until they spoke to management, Jackson said.

The display is manufactured by First Imperial Trading Co., which is based in California. Representatives for the company could not be reached last night.

The shop, sandwiched between a parent-teacher supply store and a Marshalls, now hosts a large ghoulish clown cloaked in an orange cape. The clown has greenish bony hands with long, pointed nails. A wall of freakish Halloween masks are visible behind it.

Customers said they weren't aware of the controversy over the hanging man display. One shopper who did not want to be publicly identified said she'd seen similar displays and thought them in poor taste. While she wouldn't have thought to complain about the display, she said, "Hanging is bad, period."

Another customer, who also did not want his name published, didn't see what all the fuss was about.

"If you don't like it," he said, "don't look."

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/somerset/index.ssf?/base/news-2/119078328654540.xml&coll=1

Re: Hanging Nigger halloween display causes chimpout

When it comes to the noose, niggers are overly sensitive.

Actually, it looks like a wonderful holiday decoration.

A tip of the hat to the great state of New Jersey.

Noose Around Black Doll's Neck Found At Construction Site

Third Similar Incident In One Week

O'HARA TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- A worker at a construction site in O'Hara Township found a black doll with a noose around its neck Thursday morning.

"The Zambrano Corporation deplores these actions of offensive conduct. The company has taken immediate measures to stop further incidents of this nature," said Kieth Smith, vice president of operations at Zambrano Corporation.

This is the third similar incident in the Pittsburgh region this week.

On Wednesday, a Verizon worker from Butler County said someone left a noose around a doll's neck with a note saying she didn't deserve a promotion.

The doll was left on her desk in an inner-office envelope at the Verizon Wireless complex in Cranberry. Verizon is still investigating.

On Monday, a doll bearing a racial slur was found hanging in the hallway of the Port Authority's East Liberty garage. Officials said the threat was not directed at a specific person.

Police are investigating, but no arrests have been made.

Re: Noose Around Black Doll's Neck Found At Construction Site

Police are investigating, but no arrests have been made.

This is more important than donuts? What's the world comming to?

Hangman's noose found on NYC prof's door

***Second video claims a rival teacher did this, yet does not name the rival. Could it be another nigger??

Hangman's noose found on NYC prof's door

NEW YORK - Investigators on Wednesday were looking into whether a noose hanging from the door of a black professor at Columbia University was the work of disgruntled students or even a fellow professor.

A police official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because details of the investigation have not been made public, stressed that investigators were looking into a variety of possibilities. One is that the noose was placed on Madonna Constantine's door by another professor with whom she was having a dispute at the university's Teachers College, the police official said.

The discovery of the noose, found Tuesday, has roiled the Ivy League campus, prompting plans for a protest rally and a meeting for upset students and faculty.

"This is an assault on African Americans and therefore it is an assault on every one of us," university President Lee C. Bollinger said in a statement. "I know I speak on behalf of every member of our communities in condemning this horrible action."

Columbia planned a town hall meeting Wednesday afternoon for faculty and students to address the incident.

Derald Wing Sue, an adjunct professor at the Teachers College who does research with Constantine, said he was at work Tuesday morning when another colleague spotted the noose hanging on Constantine's door. She wasn't in her office at the time.

Constantine has written about race, including a book entitled "Addressing Racism: Facilitating Cultural Competence in Mental Health and Educational Settings." Students said Constantine teaches a class on racial justice.

"Clearly, it was a symbolic act of racial hatred that was intended to intimidate," Sue said. "I felt outraged and angry that this was directed at such a close colleague and friend of mine."

Sue said he informed Constantine about the noose and she was devastated.

"She's doing fine," he said "She's OK. I've talked to her. She's getting a lot of support."

An e-mail to Constantine was not immediately returned Wednesday, nor were calls to the publicist for Teachers College and Constantine's office.

As word of the incident spread, students and faculty reacted with sadness and anger.

"It's hard hearing about it," Danielle Green, a black student, said Wednesday. "I'm not uncomfortable here but I'm not surprised. I mean, look at the world we live in. There is a lot of racism going on."

In the message to the college's 5,000 students and 150 faculty members explaining why police were on campus Tuesday, college president Susan H. Fuhrman said: "The Teachers College community and I deplore this hateful act, which violates every Teachers College and societal norm."

"You would think, Columbia being such a diverse campus and New York being such a diverse city, it shouldn't happen here," said student Mikayla Graham.

Teachers College, founded in 1887, describes itself as the nation's oldest and largest graduate school of education.

According to its Web page, the college brought black teachers from the South to New York for training in the early part of the 20th century, when schools in the South were segregated.

The college has a diverse student body, including students from nearly 80 countries. The racial breakdown is 12 percent black, 11 percent Asian American and 7 percent Hispanic.

The discovery of the hangman's noose echoes other recent incidents involving the symbol reviled by many for its association with lynchings in the Old South.

Last year in Jena, La., three white students hung nooses from a big oak tree outside Jena High School. They were suspended but not prosecuted.

Racial tensions rose and a white student was beaten unconscious three months later. Recently, thousands of people protested the arrests of six black students in the incident.

Columbia has been the site of other campus turmoil, most recently last month when Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was invited to speak, prompting protests by groups angry over his statements questioning the existence of the Holocaust.

Last fall, Columbia was in the spotlight when a group of students stormed a stage to silence a speech by Jim Gilchrist, the founder of a group opposed to illegal immigration.

___

Associated Press writer Tom Hays contributed to this story.

___

http://www.tc.edu/news/

Re: Noose found on professor's door at Columbia University

The discovery of the noose, found Tuesday, has roiled the Ivy League campus, prompting plans for a protest rally and a meeting for upset students and faculty.

These idiots are just like Pavlov's dog. They don't even bother to find out the facts before reacting.

Things be gettin' lively at Columb-ine U

Another noose found in the city
At the Church St. post office; FBI join noose investigation at Columbia U.

(New York - WABC, October 12, 2007) - A new message of hate -- delivered this time -- to the post office. Police say it was another noose, found hanging outside the church street station, not far from ground zero.

Eyewitness News reporter is live in Lower Manhattan with the story.

The FBI and justice department have now joined the bias investigation after several racial incidents this week -- at Columbia University, now at the Church Street post office. So far, police have made no arrests and have no suspects.

Workers at the Church street postal station noticed the noose yesterday afternoon.

It was hanging from a light pole above scaffolding erected for maintenance work on the building's facade.

It's not clear just who was the target for the noose. All this comes as the building managers took it down and turned it over to police.

All this comes as Columbia University has the NYPD investigating a second incident of hate on campus.

This time, a swastika -- and an anti-Jewish slur -- were found on the wall of a university bathroom.

"Well, there's certainly an openness to professors that are extremely anti-Israel...," said a Columbia University student.

This follows the discovery of a noose, Tuesday, on the door of a prominent African American professor at Teacher's college.

Another student said, "as a community we have to come together and identify what the problem is, even though, it's probably only a problem related to a few people."

Detectives finally obtained a subpoena in order to get those surveillance tapes from Columbia University. They are now in the process of review 56 hours of tape, trying to find the Columbia culprit.

---------------------

Anti-Semitic Graffiti Found

New York State law states that incidents in which swastikas are used as graffiti will be investigated as aggravated harassment in the first degree, a class E felony, punishable by at least three and at most four years in prison. Bollinger stated that the graffiti was promptly removed and that the University is working with the NYPD. NYPD officials were seen removing what appeared to be a piece of the stall from the bathroom as evidence.

Nooses dangle more frequently as old symbols of racial tensions

A somewhat lame article, but it's for the record

Nooses dangle more frequently as old symbols of racial tensions

Atlanta | In the months since nooses dangling from a schoolyard tree raised racial tensions in Jena, La., the frightening symbol of segregation-era lynchings has been turning up around the country.

Nooses were left in a black Coast Guard cadet's bag, at a Long Island police station locker room, on a Maryland college campus, and, just this week, on the office door of a black professor at Columbia University in New York.

The noose - like the burning cross - is a generations-old means of instilling racial fear. But some experts suspect the Jena furor reintroduced some bigots to the rope. They say the recent incidents might also reflect white resentment over the protests in Louisiana.

"It certainly looks like it's been a rash of these incidents, and presumably, most of them are in response to the events in Jena," said Mark Potok
of the Southern Poverty Hate Center, which tracks white supremacists and other hate groups. "I would say that as a more general matter, it seems fairly clear that noose incidents have been on the rise for some years."

Thousands of demonstrators, including the Revs. Je$$e Jack$on and Al $harpton, converged on Jena on Sept. 20 to decry what they called a racist double standard in the justice system. They protested the way six blacks were arrested on attempted murder charges in the beating of a white student, while three whites were suspended but not prosecuted for hanging nooses in a tree in August 2006.

The noose evokes the lynchings of the Jim Crow South and "is a symbol that can be deployed with no ambiguity. People understand exactly what it means," said William Jelani Cobb
, a professor of black American history at Spelman College in Atlanta.

He said the Jena incident demonstrated to some racists how offensive the sight of a noose can be: "What Jena did was reintroduce that symbol into the discussion." :)

Though the terror of the civil rights era is gone, the association between nooses and violence - even death - remains, Potok said.

"The noose is replacing the burning cross in the mind of much of the public as the leading symbol of the Klan," Potok said.

Potok dismissed the idea that the placing of a noose could be interpreted as a joke, even among people born after the end of segregation.

"I think that it's true that most of these kids don't know much about civil rights history," he said. "But every single one of them understands what a noose means at the end of the day."

In July, a noose was left in the bag of a black Coast Guard cadet aboard a cutter. A noose was found in August on the office floor of a white officer who had been conducting race-relations training in response to the incident.

In early September, a noose was discovered at the University of Maryland in a tree near a building that houses several black campus groups.

On Sept. 29, a noose appeared in the locker room of the Hempstead, N.Y., police department, which recently touted its efforts to recruit minorities.

On Oct. 2, a noose was seen hanging on a utility pole at the Anniston Army Depot in Alabama.

The Columbia incident involved a black professor of psychology and education, Madonna Constantine, who teaches a class on racial justice.

The Columbia investigation also follows the arrest on Sunday of a white woman on hate-crime charges alleging she hung a noose over a tree limb and threatened a black family living next door in New York City. The two incidents were "the first noose cases in recent memory" in the city, said Deputy Inspector Michael Osgood, commander of the police Hate Crime Task Force.

New York State law states that incidents in which swastikas are used as graffiti will be investigated as aggravated harassment in the first degree, a class E felony, punishable by at least three and at most four years in prison.

Well, we can see who's writing the laws.

Man Says Co-Worker Confronted Him With Noose

http://www.nbc10.com/news/14323040/detail.html

Man Says Co-Worker Confronted Him With Noose
Police: Accused Construction Worker Claims It Was Joke

POSTED: 9:23 pm EDT October 11, 2007
UPDATED: 3:39 pm EDT October 12, 2007

PHILADELPHIA -- An African-American man said a white co-worker confronted him with a noose at his Center City job.

The local man said he will never forget the day when he witnessed what he said was an incredible symbol of hatred and racism, NBC 10 investigative reporter Harry Hairston said.

"That individual, when I arrived at the 45th floor, had a noose in his hand and shook it at me -- a real noose, a hangman's noose," said construction worker Paul Solomon.

14321762_240X180.jpg

Solomon, who has been working at the Comcast site in Center City, said the incident happened last Monday.

He told the NBC 10 Investigators he was shocked by what the white construction worker had in his hand and terrified by what he said the man told him.

"He shook it at me and said that he wanted to hang someone," Solomon said.

All he could think of was getting help, Solomon said.

"I immediately call those in authority and dial 911," he said.

Police said they confiscated the noose at the site. Investigators took the suspect to the Central Detective Division for questioning.

According to police, the suspect claims it was a joke.

Police said the suspect also said he joked about the noose making a good necklace for his wife.

"No, it's not a joke, and I'm not OK with this situation. I'm very upset. My family is upset, and most the black males and females on this job are very upset about this situation," Solomon said.

Joke or no joke, police told Hairston they have turned the case over to the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office for possible prosecution.

And L.F. Driscoll, the construction management company in charge of the site, characterized the incident as serious.

Part of a written statement it released to the NBC 10 Investigators read: "… The worker who engaged in this conduct was promptly removed from the site by his employer, a subcontractor, and the worker will not be permitted to return to the job-site. …"

The future tenant of the site, Comcast released a statement in part saying, "... We are fully supportive of the actions taken by L.F. Driscoll and Liberty Property Trust to immediately remove the construction worker at the Comcast Center regardless of the outcome of the police investigation."

And the developer, Liberty Property Trust, said, "Any type of racial discrimination or intimidation is absolutely abhorrent and will never be tolerated on a Liberty worksite."

Bruce Crawley, president of Millennium 3 Management, said his company helps African-American construction workers with getting jobs.

Crawley said too often racial harassment takes place on construction sites, but the incidents go underreported if reported at all.

"They have been reluctant to speak out and to complain because there hasn't been a safety net. There has hasn't been a way for them to ensure they won't lose their job if they speak up," Crawley said.

But Solomon spoke up and was very clear about what wants done, Hairston reported.

"I want to see this thing prosecuted. I want to see that gentleman prosecuted because I think that was intimidation, and he meant it that way -- as intimidation, not as a joke," Solomon said.

Police said they are now waiting to hear from the district's attorney's office about whether charges should be filed in this case or not.

Re: Man Says Co-Worker Confronted Him With Noose

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5709331

Worker at Comcast Building Site Banned for Displaying Noose

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - October 16, 2007 - A white construction worker who allegedly confronted a black colleague with a noose was banned from the site and could face charges, officials said.

The incident took place high above the city at the Comcast building under construction downtown, according to the victim.

"That individual, when I arrived at the 45th floor, had a noose in his hand and shook it at me," whined nigger Paul Solomon, who works as a hoist operator. "He shook it at me and said that he wanted to hang someone."

Solomon said he immediately contacted his supervisor, who photographed the noose and advised the victim to contact police.

Liberty Property, which owns the building site; L.F. Driscoll, the site's construction manager; and cable operator Comcast, the skyscraper's future tenant, all issued statements decrying the Oct. 1 incident.

L.F. Driscoll said the white worker was employed by a subcontractor and has been banned from the site.

Police questioned the white worker, who portrayed the incident as a joke. The district attorney's office is now investigating, spokeswoman Cathie Abookire said.

Nooses, a frightening symbol of segregation-era lynchings, have been turning up around the country since they were found hanging from a tree in Jena, La., sparking racial tensions.

One appeared on the office door of a black professor at Columbia University; two noose incidents were reported in the Pittsburgh area earlier this month.

Racist NAACP attacks Halloween: Family, under pressure, removes its hanged dummy

Chesla Flood couldn't believe her eyes. A hangman's noose circled the neck of a black-hooded, jeans-clad dummy suspended from the chimney of a house in Madison. (New Jersey)

Flood called her mother, Millie Hazlewood, who reported the Halloween display to police. She wasn't the only one. Police went to the property at least three times starting Sunday, and even the mayor asked the homeowners to take down the figure.

At 8 last night, the family relented, saying they feared for their safety.

"It's no more like freedom of speech anymore," Cheryl Maines said. "My son had to take this down because these people have blown this thing out of proportion."

Before the figure was removed yesterday, Madison Mayor Ellwood "Woody" Kerkeslager said "the appearance and the suggestion (of racism) is there, and it's inappropriate."

At least four recent noose displays -- one each in Jena, La., and Philadelphia and two in New York City -- are drawing renewed attention to a potent symbol of racism, lynchings and the era of Jim Crow segregation.

Unlike those incidents, the Madison figure was part of a Halloween display, and for two days, homeowners Cheryl and David Maines, the borough's superintendent of public works, refused to budge. They said they had done nothing wrong.

Meanwhile, the state chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People denounced the display as offensive, racist and insensitive.

"I think there are many people who understand the significance of a noose as it relates to the history of African-Americans," said James Harris, president of the NAACP's state chapter. "We thought we lived beyond the era when people felt it was okay to have that type of display."

Last night, the Maines family said they would be replacing their Halloween display and erecting a sign reading: "Thanks to the assistance of Millie Hazlewood and her friends, Halloween and Christmas decorations will no longer be celebrated here."

The incident revived the persistent question of what is entertaining and what is offensive.

"The lines have all been blurred, and people push the limits just to see how far we can go" to shock each other, said James Farrelly, a Halloween expert and professor of Irish studies at the University of Dayton. But Farrelly, a Newark native, said, "I don't know if we have a blank check to celebrate this by putting out our own sense of what we think is evil or might scare people."

D.J. Maines, the 27-year-old son of Cheryl and David Maines, has bedecked the house for seven Halloweens using $5,000 worth of decorations he has collected. He has used the hanging dummy each year, but usually it is partially hidden by other decorations.

George Martin, a deacon at the First Baptist Church, which Hazlewood attends, said the noose evoked personal memories of terror and loss growing up in the South in the 1950s and 1960s. He said he lost his great-uncle to a lynching in South Carolina. His father watched his uncle and a friend die in a lynching, he said.

"It's the same imagery we saw as young people -- black faces, dungarees and ropes around the body and neck," said Martin, who is also a member of the district board of education.

Cheryl Maines said she was not swayed by Martin's personal history.

"Don't bring your ancestors into this -- it's something that happened; you've got to get beyond it or you're going to make yourself sick," she said.

Madison police checked with the Morris County Prosecutor's Office to determine whether the noose display was illegal or could be ordered down, according to police records. Two assistant prosecutors and a detective reviewed the matter and answered no to both questions.

In New York, politicians, community leaders and activists are calling for a law that would make it a felony to use a noose to harass or play a prank. State Sen. Eric Adams and New York City leaders gathered Sunday on the steps of Columbia Teachers College to call for the stiffer penalty on noose incidents.

(Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?)

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/news-12/1192509993309380.xml&coll=1

Re: Racist NAACP attacks Halloween: Family, under pressure, removes its hanged dummy

Too bad it wasn’t a real nigger hanging from that chimney - that would really give them something to whine about. Same ole bull every year, niggers are almost as bad as jews - whine, cry, poor, poor us, snivel - snivel . . . BTW, more Whites were hung in this country, some for as little as horse thievery or cattle rustling than niggers. While there may have been a few drunk Whites talking that stuff about - “let’s go get us’n ah niggar”��”�� - the majority of niggers strung-up, just like their White criminal counterparts, deserved to be hung. At least by the laws of the day.

Some cracker be dis’n us wiff dat dummy wut be hangin from da chimmin-ee up der . . . just be lucky it isn’t YOU nigger, cause back in 1840, they hung compulsive whine-baggers too. Niggers are the scum of the earth, I don’t like them any more, not after reading this post anyways.

Back