New Nation Swastika Sightings

Wheatland High School Students Seen In Social Media Post With Swastikas On Bodies

December 21, 2021 at 9:18 am
Filed Under:', swastikas, Wheatland News

WHEATLAND (CBS13) — A picture is circulating on social media of several Wheatland Union High School students with swastikas drawn on their bodies.:eek:
The school’s superintendent condemned the behavior in a letter to the district community, confirming they are investigating the photo. The Wheatland Police Department also told CBS13 they are investigating the picture as well.
In the meantime, neighbors are concerned. The post is scaring neighbors.
“Hopefully, if something like that does happen, he stays away from it,” Chris Singleton said of his son, who’s a part of the Wheatland School District. “I don’t know any of the kids or who the parents are. I just say people need to be taught a bit better not to do that kind of thing.”
The Wheatland School District sent a letter to the high school community.
“The District prohibits any discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying of any student or staff member,” said Superintendent Nicole Newman.
The letter promises a commitment to education — something members of the community are now questioning.
READ MORE: 3 In Custody For Alleged Organized Retail Thefts In West Sacramento
“I would hope, already in high school, kids know what a swastika is,” said Duane Tubandt, who lives in the area.
The Anti-Defamation League says, in 1920, the Nazi Party adopted the swastika as its symbol, which “permanently converted the swastika into a symbol of hate, anti-Semitism and infamy.”
“The symbol alone is how much hatred there was for a specific class of people,” Tubandt said. “It was devastating how many people were killed in that genocide.”
The California Department of Education says schools are required to teach students about the Holocaust:sleep:
CBS13 did reach out to Wheatland Union High School to ask if they’ve implemented that curriculum. We did not hear back.
There is an internal school investigation being conducted. As for the police investigation, CBS13 was told there is not a criminal violation, but they are continuing to investigate.

Man who reportedly displayed flag containing swastika sparks outrage among residents in San Marco

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Many people in San Marco are expressing outrage on social media after an unidentified man reportedly displayed a large flag containing a swastika on the back of a pickup truck.

According to witnesses, it went on for a few hours on Christmas Eve, and at one point, the flag was displayed as people were walking out of a church.

“It stunned me. It shocked me,” said Cory Lek, who was with her 11-year-old son.

Nick Wrubluski said he was on Hendricks Avenue when he saw the truck.

“It was awful. There is no place for that at all,” Wrubluski said.

It was in the early evening when Christmas Eve services at Aspire Church had just ended and people were walking out the building when they saw the truck.

Jacksonville City Councilman Matt Carlucci was there.

“The swastika on the flag really took me aback,” Carlucci said. “It symbolizes fear. It symbolizes hatred. It symbolizes violence. It symbolized discrimination. It epitomizes everything that is bad in this world.”

Aspire Church Pastor Dr. Gary Lee Webber issued a statement that reads in part:

“I was saddened to hear that as people left our Christmas Eve celebration, they were confronted with a public display of hate and division, but it was a stark reminder of how much the world needs the true message of Christmas.”

News4JAX has requested photos of the display from witnesses, but no one had a photo they could share.
:rolleyes:

Swastika-laced cash found in Upper East Side ATM​

By
Doree Lewak

January 10, 2022 1:54pm
Updated

Chase has shut down an ATM that dispensed hundreds that were stamped with a swastika and other Nazi symbols.
Chase has shut down an ATM on the Upper East Side that dispensed hundreds that were stamped with a swastika and other Nazi symbols. Left: LightRocket via Getty Images, top and bottom: Twitter/@NYCRobyn

An Upper East Side woman was shocked when she discovered the cash she withdrew from a local Chase ATM was stamped with a swastika and other Nazi symbols.
Robyn Roth-Moise, a lifelong New Yorker and great-granddaughter of the legendary architect Emery Roth, told The Post she withdrew $400 at the Chase branch at 86th Street and York Avenue early Saturday to later be distributed as gifts when she made the disturbing discovery.
“I didn’t notice until I got home, and I see the swastika,” she said of a $100 bill stamped with the Nazi symbol in a deep blue pigment. “I must have stared at it for a few minutes. And thought, ‘I cannot be seeing what I’m seeing.’ It was very surreal.”
The 65-year-old photographer also noticed another $100 bill marked with what resembled a Nazi eagle. Roth-Moise noted that the offensive markings were “prominent, in dark blue — it was very much meant to be seen.”
Upper East Sider Robyn Roth-Moise was shocked that the hundreds she withdrew were marked with a swastika (left) and what what resembled a Nazi eagle (right).Upper East Sider Robyn Roth-Moise was shocked that the hundreds she withdrew were marked with a swastika (left) and what resembled a Nazi eagle (right).Twitter/@NYCRobyn
Roth-Moise, who said looking at the bills felt like a gut punch, went to a nearby Chase branch at 86th Street and 2nd Avenue later that morning to demand answers.
“I just wanted the money out of my hands. I was deeply disturbed — how did it happen? How did the money get into the machine without anyone noticing it?”
She was told that the bills were likely fed into the machine by a customer making a deposit, and that the branch manager told her, “The Secret Service will probably get involved.”
“This is unacceptable. We have shut down the ATM and are investigating,” a Chase representative told The Post.
When she posted on Twitter about the harrowing incident, local politicians, including City Councilwoman Julie Menin and Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney, stepped up to investigate.
Menin got the bank to shut down the rogue ATM machine at the original branch. She told Upper East Site, which first reported the story, “Antisemitism must be called out immediately and won’t be tolerated in any form in our community or city.”
A Chase representative told The Post that it shut down the ATM that dispensed the bills and it is investigating.A Chase representative told The Post that it shut down the ATM that dispensed the bills and it is investigating.LightRocket via Getty Images Roth-Moise's withdrawal receipt from the bank.Roth-Moise’s withdrawal receipt from the bank.Twitter/@NYCRobyn
Growing up in a liberal household, “we accepted everybody,” said Roth-Moise, adding, “It’s just so disturbing. It’s frightening to me that we’re going back.”
While Roth-Moise said this is the first anti-Semitic incident she’s been involved in in all her years in NYC, she was only one generation away from direct contact with Nazis. “My father, who when he was a little boy in the ’30s on the Upper East Side, would tell me about brown-shirt Nazis in Germantown in Yorkville in plain sight.”
Rabbi Abraham Cooper of the Simon Wiesenthal Center said he is contacting the bank to ask for an internal investigation.
“The operative word for 2022 is accountability,” Cooper, an associate dean and the director of global social action agenda at the Jewish human rights organization, told The Post. “Chase must investigate. [The] perpetrator must be held accountable. These micro events may start with Jews but left unanswered will surely spread to target Asian Americans, Blacks, etc.”
Though shaken, Roth-Moise remains vigilant in the face of rising anti-Semitism in NYC.
“I just want other people to be aware that anti-Semitism is out there, even in the confines of my little UES neighborhood,” she said. “It’s there. Are you really safe?”
The four hundred billsThe 65-year-old photographer told The Post that she withdraw $400 at the Chase branch at 86th Street and York Avenue early Saturday to later be distributed as gifts.Twitter/@NYCRobyn

The blue ink stamps are called chopmarks, they use other colors. read it here https://www.coinexchangeny.com/blog/chop-marks-sometimes-appear-100-bills/

Paranoid idiocrats keep the nazis alive is TJB is like TNB, make a big deal of J nothing and the bank could have stopped the TJB BS immediately, the Swastika probably is a chopmark & the bills Swastika stamp likely done when the bill was in India, lot of Hindus live in NYC & they travel.
https://forums.collectors.com/discu...e-stamps-of-colored-ink-on-back-show-me-yours

I did the Where's George game, with stamped $1.00 bills. I received one 5x.

Last edited:

Rome church condemns swastika-draped casket at funeral

The Catholic Church in Rome is strongly condemning a funeral procession outside a local church in which the casket was draped in a Nazi flag and mourners gave the fascist salute
By
The Associated Press
January 11, 2022, 10:14 AM ET
• 2 min read
WireAP_0565fcfa1327430f86fffc6b3ddcd2b8_16x9_992.jpg

On Location: January 11, 2022Catch up on the developing stories making headlines.The Associated Press
ROME -- The Catholic Church in Rome on Tuesday strongly condemned as “offensive and unacceptable” a funeral procession outside a local church in which the casket was draped in a Nazi flag and mourners gave the fascist salute.

Photos and video of the scene outside St. Lucia church following the Monday funeral service were published by the Italian online news portal Open. They showed around two dozen people gathered outside the church as the swastika-draped casket emerged, shouting “Presente!” with their right arm extended in the fascist salute.

In a statement Tuesday, the Vicariate of Rome strongly condemned the scene and stressed that neither the parish priest, nor the priest who celebrated the funeral, knew what was going to transpire outside after the funeral Mass ended.

It called the swastika-emblazoned Nazi flag “a horrendous symbol irreconcilable with Christianity.”

“This ideological and violent exploitation, especially following an act of worship near a sacred place, remains serious, offensive and unacceptable for the church community of Rome and for all people of good will in our city,” it said.

The statement quoted the parish priest, the Rev. Alessandro Zenobbi, as distancing himself and the church from “every word, gesture and symbol used outside the church, which are attributed to extremist ideologies far from the message of the Gospel of Christ.”

Italian news reports identified the deceased as a 44-year-old former militant of the extreme right-wing group Forza Nuova, who died over the weekend of a blood clot.

Pope Francis is technically the bishop of Rome, but he delegates the day-to-day management of the diocese to his vicar, Cardinal Angelo De Donatis.

Ex-Clackamas staffer sentenced to 90 days jail for bias crime Pamplin Media Group January 11 2022​

Collin Michael Williams, 21, also receives 60 months probation after guilty plea for August 2021 incident
PHOTO COURTESY: OCPD - Ex-Clackamas County Surveyor Collin Michael Williams pleaded guilty to painting this swastika next to a memorial for Jermelle Madison, a Black man who died in the hospital.
PHOTO COURTESY: OCPD - Ex-Clackamas County Surveyor Collin Michael Williams pleaded guilty to painting this swastika next to a memorial for Jermelle Madison, a Black man who died in the hospital.

A former Clackamas County employee convicted of spray-painting a Nazi swastika next to a memorial for a Black man who died after attempting suicide while incarcerated was sentenced on Jan. 10 to 90 days behind bars, 60 months of probation and $1,080 in fines.

Collin Michael Williams, who is white, pleaded guilty in December 2021 to second-degree bias crime, second-degree criminal mischief, abuse of a memorial and third-degree criminal mischief, charges he received upon his arrest in August.
Charged initially with four counts totaling a maximum possible sentence of three years and 30 days and $20,000 in fines, Williams' third-degree criminal mischief charge was merged into his second-degree bias crime charge, making it officially three counts of which the former county surveyor has been convicted.
Williams, 21, will get credit toward his probation for jail time served and has been ordered by Circuit Judge Cody Weston to receive a mental health evaluation.
As previously reported, Oregon City police arrested Williams for reportedly knocking over candles and breaking framed photos at an outdoor memorial for Jermelle Madison, who died after attempting suicide in a Clackamas County Jail cell on June 28. Madison later died from his self-inflicted injuries in a hospital on July 3.
Collin Michael Williams
Collin Michael Williams

Authorities say Williams recorded himself in August defacing the memorial on social media, posting: "I also spray-painted a fun German windmill on the sidewalk for good measure. DM for the pic."
The Clackamas resident committed the crime while employed as an engineering technician in the Clackamas County Surveyor's Office and resigned "within days" of his arrest, as the county was in the process of terminating him, according to a county spokesperson.

Lynette Madison, Jermelle's grandmother, received early word of the sentence and said it isn't long enough to match the crime. When she heard about the state's sentencing offer, Lynette claimed it would be indicative of racial bias.
"That's a hate crime. If it had been a Black guy doing that to a white guy's memorial, they would have given him a hell of a lot more time than that," Lynette said.
"And he bragged about it. I mean, he got on Facebook and everything else and bragged about the intent. Bragged about it being a hate crime," she added. "So it isn't like a kid that made a mistake, a young man that made a mistake. He intentionally did this and set out to do it and bragged about it."
In response, a spokesperson for the District Attorney's Office disputed the claim that Williams' sentence wouldn't be reflective of the crime committed.
"Nothing that happens in the criminal justice system can possibly fix the pain felt by Mr. Madison's family. The conduct of the defendant in this case was offensive and unacceptable, and requires a strong response from the criminal justice system," the spokesperson said.
"However, the District Attorney's Office disagrees with any notion that our sentencing recommendation will not be commensurate with the crime the defendant committed, or inconsistent with sentences received by other similarly situated defendants in the state of Oregon," the spokesprson concluded.

Last edited:

Vandal scrawls swastikas, ‘Fear Black Planet’ on NYC fence: cops​

By
Amanda Woods

February 3, 2022 8:51am
Updated

Vandal scrawls swastikas, ‘Fear Black Planet’ on NYC fence: cops

A hateful vandal scrawled multiple swastikas and the phrase “Fear Black Planet” on an East Harlem construction fence, cops said Thursday.
The suspect left his mark on the fence at East 124th Street and Park Avenue around 1:15 a.m. Jan. 25, police said.
The man is shown in footage drawing on part of the wall, stepping back to inspect his work, and then moving on to another section a few feet away, authorities said.
The vandalism took place around 1:15 a.m. January 25, 2022 in East Harlem, police said.The vandalism took place around 1:15 a.m. January 25, 2022 in East Harlem, police said.NYPD This vandalism is the latest in a string of attacks on Jewish victims across the city.This vandalism is the latest in a string of attacks on Jewish victims across the city.DCPI
The NYPD’s Hate Crimes Task Force is investigating the incident, cops said.
Cops are looking for the suspect, described as having a medium build, last seen wearing a dark jacket, light hooded sweatshirt and dark pants.
The incident comes amid a recent string of attacks on Jewish victims across the city — most recently, a man in traditional Jewish garb who was randomly slugged in Crown Heights.

Vandals spray-paint swastikas on home, side of bus in Brooklyn​

By
Kenneth Garger

February 8, 2022 10:03pm
Updated

Vandals scrawled swastikas on a bus and home in Williamsburg last weekend

Two vandals scrawled swastikas on the outside of a bus and a home in Williamsburg last weekend, police said.
The suspects, who were among a group of four people, first spray-painted numerous Nazi symbols on the privately owned bus that was parked on Division Avenue near Rodney Street at about 9:05 p.m., according to cops.
About 5 minutes later in the same area, two vandals from the same group spray-painted another swastika on the front door of a residence, the NYPD said.
Swastika vandalCamera footage caught four people walking in the vicinity of Division Avenue and Rodney Street. DCPI Swastika outside Brooklyn homeTwo people start to spray paint a swastika on the front door of a residence at the location. DCPI
It was unclear if the same two suspects were responsible for both acts of vandalism.
No arrests were made in the case by late Tuesday.

Police In Wilmington, Delaware Investigating Multiple Locations Vandalized With Swastikas​

By CBS3 StaffFebruary 13, 2022 at 6:30 pm

WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — Eyewitness News has confirmed that police in Wilmington, Delaware are investigating the vandalism of multiple locations that were spray-painted with swastikas. Police believe the vandalism took place on Friday night.
The Columbus Inn, a billboard on Union Street, and Brandywine Counseling and Community Services are the places that were vandalized, according to police.
Wilmington’s Criminal Investigations Division is investigating the incident.
Some of the swastikas were backwards. When the swastika’s arms are backward, it’s often the sign of a kike attempting to do “shock” graffiti to raise shekels, rather than a white supremacist, according to the Anti-Defamation League.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Wilmington Police at 302-654-5151.

Swastika found inside ‘secure’ area of US embassy in Bulgaria​

Discovery made a day after International Holocaust Memorial Day; symbol could only have been painted by someone with access to American diplomatic mission​

By TOI staff Today, 3:10 am

Illustrative: A sticker with a swastika is seen in Anchorage, Alaska, on May 25, 2021. (Anchorage Police Department)
Illustrative: A sticker with a swastika is seen in Anchorage, Alaska, on May 25, 2021. (Anchorage Police Department)

A swastika painted on a window was discovered inside a “secure” area of the US embassy in Bulgaria, the Axios news site reported Sunday.
The Nazi symbol was painted in purple ink on a window shade in an area that can only be accessed by those who worked in the diplomatic mission. The discovery was made on January 28, the day after International Holocaust Memorial Day, the report said, citing a State Department cable reporting on the incident.
The discovery came just months after a swastika was found carved into an elevator at the United States State Department, near the office of the special envoy to monitor and combat antisemitism.

“The department takes this matter extremely seriously,” State Department spokesperson Ned Price told Axios. “We unequivocally condemn any instances of hate or bias in the workplace, which this appears to be.”
“This is a repugnant symbol that stands for everything we as a department are standing against,” he said. “We are committed to doing everything possible to ensure the State Department, including our posts overseas, remain a welcoming, inclusive and bias-free workplace.”

The State Department was investigating the incident.

AP22031716120046-e1643695875856-640x400.jpg

US State Department spokesperson Ned Price speaks during a briefing at the State Department in Washington, DC, on January 31, 2022. (Mandel Ngan/Pool via AP

After the first swastika was found at the State Department, US President Joe Biden vowed to crack down on antisemitism in his administration.
“Let me be clear: Anti-Semitism has no place in the State Department, in my Administration, or anywhere in the world,” Biden tweeted. “It’s up to all of us to give hate no safe harbor and stand up to bigotry wherever we find it.”

The latest incident comes as Biden’s nominee for special envoy to combat and monitor antisemitism Deborah Lipstadt is undergoing a long-delayed confirmation process.
Lipstadt’s hearing had been delayed for months by Republicans, who were put off by her past comments and partisan affiliations. But pressure to hold the session, particularly from Jewish groups across the political spectrum, rose in recent weeks following the hostage standoff last month at a synagogue in Colleyville, Texas, where a gunman held four worshipers hostage.
Despite the pushback from some Republicans, Lipstadt is expected to be voted out of committee in the coming days, given the Democratic majority. She is then expected to be confirmed through a full vote in the Senate as well.
The antisemitism monitor is responsible for reporting on antisemitism overseas and pressing governments to adopt measures to mitigate antisemitism.

Montgomery County Cemeteries Defaced With Swastikas Following Russia’s Invasion Of Ukraine​

By CBS3 StaffFebruary 24, 2022 at 12:50 pm

CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. (CBS) — A coordinated investigation is underway after three cemeteries in Montgomery County were defaced with swastikas overnight, according to the Conshohocken borough mayor. This happened in Whitemarsh and Plymouth Townships, as well as Conshohocken.

The Plymouth Township Police Department released a statement on the investigation, saying in part:
“The Plymouth Township Police Department, along with the Whitemarsh Township Police Department, are currently investigating several incidents of Institutional Vandalism. During the overnight hours from February 23rd – February 24th, a person (or persons) desecrated grave sites at Saint Benedict Cemetery, Saint Matthews Cemetery and Old Saint Matthews Cemetery.”

According to Mayor Yaniv Aronson, the police departments are coordinating investigative efforts following the vandalism.
“Our three municipalities have zero tolerance for bigotry, racism, antisemitism and xenophobia,” he wrote in a statement.

Anyone with information should call 610-279-1901.

Wilmington Police Searching For Suspect Accused Of Spray Painting Swastikas In Several Locations​

By CBS3 StaffMarch 2, 2022 at 7:30 am

WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — Wilmington Police are asking for the public’s help to find a man accused of spraying hateful graffiti. Police say he spray-painted swastikas at several spots around the city last month.

The Columbus Inn, a billboard on Union Street, and Brandywine Counseling and Community Services are among the places that were vandalized, according to police.
If you recognize him, reach out to the Wilmington Police Department.

Woman wearing Nazi emblem made antisemitic comments in Laguna Woods, authorities say​

Alex Wigglesworth:D
Sat, March 26, 2022, 1:44 PM·3 min read

Ebrahim Baytieh, with the Orange County District Attorney's Office, speaks during the OC Human Relations Council's annual hate crime report release event at the Los Olivos Community Center in Irvine on Thursday, September 26.

Ebrahim Baytieh, then with the Orange County district attorney's office, speaks during the OC Human Relations Council's annual hate crime report release event in 2019. (Scott Smeltzer/Daily Pilot )
Orange County authorities are recommending hate crime charges against a woman who allegedly yelled antisemitic comments at a man who tried to get her to remove a swastika armband she was wearing in Laguna Woods.
The woman was wearing the armband while walking around outside Clubhouse 1, a multi-use community center, on the afternoon of March 7, Carrie Braun of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department said Saturday.
A man confronted the woman and she responded with antisemitic comments, Braun said. A physical altercation then ensued as multiple men tried to remove the woman's armband, Braun said. One of the men was in his 80s, she said.
Deputies responded and took information from all parties involved. A complaint was forwarded to the district attorney’s office recommending the woman be charged with criminal threats, offensive words used to provoke a reaction and a hate crime enhancement, Braun said. She had not been charged as of Saturday, Braun said.
“We are outraged by this flagrant display of antisemitic hatred,” Peter Levi, regional director of the Anti-Defamation League, said Friday in a statement.

ADL NAZI LAGUNA WOODS CALIFORNIA.jpg
Along with the statement, the organization tweeted a photo of the woman, which it said was submitted by a citizen who wished to remain anonymous. She was dressed in all black, an outfit that appeared to mimic that of a Nazi SS officer.

“We demand that Laguna Woods leaders speak out against this outrageous act of Jew-hatred and condemn acts like this which can and do inspire further incidents of antisemitism and bigotry of all kinds,” Levi said.
Laguna Woods Mayor Carol Moore on Friday released a statement saying the city was outraged by the incident, and that the delay in its public response was intended to allow the investigation to conclude.
"The city of Laguna Woods stands firmly against antisemitism, bigotry and hate in all its forms, fully and without exception," Moore said. "The conduct alleged in the disturbance is abhorrent, inexcusable, and antithetical to the character and values of our community."
Laguna Woods City Councilman Noel Hatch said Saturday that the incident came as a complete surprise.
“I’ve been here for 25 years living in the village, and there has been no indication that there is anything like this brewing,” he said.
He described it as an isolated occurrence.
“It is not germane to any concern, in my opinion, that there is something brewing here in Laguna Woods village,” he said. “It was a solo act, if you will.”
The incident comes a month after antisemitic fliers were distributed in Huntington Beach, Newport Beach and Cypress.
A report released last year by the Orange County Human Relations Commission found that hate crimes increased by 35% in Orange County in 2020, the largest annual jump in at least a decade.
Nationwide, antisemitic incidents declined slightly in 2020 after hitting an all-time high the year before, according to the Anti-Defamation League, but 2020 was still the third-highest year for such incidents since the organization began tracking the data in 1979.
This story originally appeared in Los Angeles Times.

Hateful Graffiti Spray-Painted On Trees Outside Cemetery At Haddonfield Friends Meeting​

By CBS3 StaffApril 3, 2022 at 8:10 pm
l

HADDONFIELD, N.J. (CBS) – The search continues for vandals who left behind hateful graffiti in Camden County. Swastikas were spray-painted on two trees outside a cemetery at Haddonfield Friends Meeting.
Hateful Graffiti Spray-Painted On Trees At Haddonfield Friends Meeting
It was discovered on Friday morning.
The vandalism was covered up. There’s a school there, and workers did not want students and staff to see the symbols of hate when they return on Monday.
Haddonfield police are investigating.

Vandal scrawls anti-Semitic death threats on Lee Zeldin lawn sign on LI​

By
David Meyer

June 26, 2022 7:34pm
Updated

Lee Zeldin
A lawn sign for Republican gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin was defaced with anti-Semitic death threats. AP

A vandal scrawled threatening and anti-Semitic graffiti on a Long Island lawn sign supporting GOP gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin, the pol’s camp said Sunday, just days before his party’s primary election.
The hateful message — which included a swastika and the number 187 — was found on a sign in a yard in Huntington, Suffolk County, the congressman’s home turf, his campaign said in a statement.
The campaign said the number 187 is the California penal code for murder — and “has been universally adopted as a common death threat.”
Zeldin rep Katie Vincentz added, “In the United States, we settle our scores at the ballot box, and this type of raw hate must never have any home on Long Island or anywhere else in our state and country.
“Congressman Zeldin is thankful for the Suffolk County Police Department as they work to identify the perpetrators.”
Zeldin faces Rob Astorino, Andrew Giuliani and Harry Wilson in Tuesday’s Republican primary. He was out traversing upstate New York on Sunday ahead of the primary voting.
The 42-year-old, four-term congressman — who The Post endorsed on June 16 — has consistently led in the polls against his opponents.
Lee Zeldin lawn signThe defaced sign was in the town of Huntington in Long Island’s Suffolk County.
Real Clear Politics’ most recent two-week polling average showed Zeldin with 32.5% of the primary vote vs. 20% for his closest challenger, Giuliani.
The winner will go up against the victor in Tuesday’s Democratic primary — likely incumbent Gov. Kathy Hochul.
Other GOP gubernatorial candidates also stormed the state on the final Sunday before the primary.
Video posted on Giuliani’s Twitter page showed him speaking to elderly veterans in The Bronx and posing with New York Mets mascot “Mr. Met” in Bayside, Queens.
Lee ZeldinZeldin is running against businessman Harry Wilson, former Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino, and Andrew Giuliani in the Republican primary. AP
“It was great to meet you Mr. Met, absolutely,” Giuliani said in the clip.
But Giuliani’s stumping was marred by a scary incident involving his famous dad, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who was slapped on the back by a foul-mouthed worker in a ShopRite on Staten Island.
“You’re a f–king scumbag,’’ the on-the-clock employee snarled at Rudy, 78, who was glad-handing for his son at the time and told The Post he felt “tremendous pain’’ afterward.
The worker was taken into custody by cops.
Meanwhile, Wilson, a former Obama administration official, campaigned in Rockland County and appeared on the radio program “The Cats Roundtable with John Catsimatidis.”
Rep. Lee ZeldinZeldin is leading in the Republican primary polls. Tamara Beckwith
“The issues that matter most to New Yorkers are crime and cost of living,” he told Catsimatidis.
Former Westchester County Executive Astorino spent the day in Queens and Long Island, he said in a video posted on Twitter.

“Coming down the home stretch here, folks,” Astorino said in the video.

“I’m running because I’m going to beat Kathy Hochul. We’re going to save this state.”

:eek: Must be time for DHS Grant $$$ Jillions application deadline :rasb2

Swastika on vehicle in Beachwood raises concern​

swastika

A vehicle with a red swastika on the passenger door is parked in the driveway of a South Green Road home in Beachwood on June 12.
CJN Photo / Bob Jacob

A vehicle parked in the driveway of a South Green Road home in Beachwood with what appeared to be a swastika in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood within a half-mile of several Orthodox synagogues garnered attention on social media – and on the street on June 12.
The swastika appeared to have been placed on a Toyota Sequoia using red tape and was removed by the morning of June 13 and a gay pride flag covered the rear windshield.
In a June 13 news release, Beachwood police said they received a complaint just before 5 p.m. June 12 regarding the image, which may have been a Hindu symbol.

“The complaint was that a ‘Swastika’ was being displayed on the passenger side of the vehicle,” the police report reads. “An officer responded to the area and confirmed what was reported but had no cause to take action. At 8:41 p.m., a small group gathered on the sidewalk in front of (the house). The group had a calm conversation with an occupant of the home. A Beachwood police officer was present and only explained what rights each side had. After the conversation, the occupant of the home decided to remove the Swastika from the vehicle. The city of Beachwood recognizes that this incident is concerning to the Jewish community and the community as a whole. Although incidents such as this rightfully can cause fear and anxiety, there was no violation of law that the police department can act on at this time.”

A photo of the vehicle, with the red symbol on the passenger door, was also posted on the Facebook groups, Cleveland Jewish and University Heights Ohio Discussion on June 12.
“There’s somebody parked on Green with a big red swastika on their car,” a post read in University Heights Ohio Discussion. “Couldn’t catch if it was UH or Beachwood?”

At the time, eleven people signified they were angry using an emoji of a red face. Four expressed surprise with an emoji.
The administrator of the group removed the post with an explanation.
“I removed the post about the swastika on the house because we have a rule against posting addresses of houses,” Mark Selent wrote June 12 on the private Facebook group. “Feel free to repost without the address.”
Among those posting at University Heights Ohio Discussion, one person wrote, “Wherever it is, that’s really messed up. Terribly sorry for the hate & any reaction it’s causing.”

The vehicle had a sign in the rear windshield advertising Hyperbaric Therapy of Brook Park.
Christopher Dodson, who owns the Snow Road business, said that sign had been stolen from his business and he intended to review surveillance video and to file a police report with Beachwood police regarding the theft.
He said the sign for the business had been removed June 10 to allow for the walls to be painted and was missing as of June 13.
“I had two calls last night saying we were advertising our business on a Nazi vehicle,” Dodson told the Cleveland Jewish News June 13.
He noted that the symbol was actually a Hindu image, not the Nazi swastika, based on its orientation.
“That was an alarm to me because that’s not in any shape or form how we portray ourselves, Dodson said. “We’re a health care company. We provide alternative medicine to heal people, not to make people sick.”

As of the morning of June 13, the swastika had been removed from the passenger door of the Toyota Sequoia parked in the driveway of a Beachwood home. In addition a placard with a business name had been covered by the gay pride flag on the back of the car.

Back