Nigger stabs 2 niggers in geometry class

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Teen charged in stabbing of 2 Piper High School students

PHOTO OF NIGGER AT LINK!

SUNRISE -- As 28 students in room 541 of Piper High School studied geometry Wednesday morning, an argument in the corner turned violent and ended with two 16-year-olds hospitalized with stab wounds and an 18-year old facing felony charges.

Police on Wednesday arrested 18-year-old Sullivan Gray, accusing him of stabbing Omari Delahaye and cutting Royann Knowles with a 2-inch pocketknife. Gray was charged with two counts of aggravated battery and one count of carrying a weapon on school grounds.

The fight started about 9:30 a.m. in Princess Porter's 11th-grade classroom, according
r
to one student, 15-year-old Brittney Jensen, and school officials.

"We heard a guy running down the hall screaming, `I'm ... bleeding,'" Jensen said.

After his arrest, Gray told police he suspected Delahaye of breaking into his house recently -- something police could not confirm, said Lt. Robert Voss of the Sunrise Police Department.

Gray slashed Delahaye in the neck area, Voss said. Knowles also was attacked, suffering cuts near her eye and mouth, police said.

There are two different accounts as to how Knowles became involved. Police on Wednesday morning said she tried to break up the fight; her stepfather, Derrick Simhue, said she was caught between the two boys and hurt while trying to get away.

"She's never had problems before," said Knowles' aunt, Joy Simhue. "She's a good girl. She's bright. She goes to church."

Knowles and Delahaye were taken to Broward General Medical Center.
De
lahaye remained there Wednesday evening, listed in fair condition; Knowles was treated and released Wednesday.

After the fight and
stabbings, police and the school's 11 security monitors quickly secured the area and found the pocketknife used during the attack, Voss said.

As news of the attack spread, at least 40 parents showed up at the school, 8000 NW 44th St., to take their children out for the day.

"I want to make sure my daughter is OK," said Ernst Hippolyte, 40, waiting with other parents to see how his daughter Kerlande, 16, was doing. "I heard there was a knife involved. Kids don't go to school for fights. I feel like it's not safe."

Another student was injured in a stabbing last year at the school, and in 2002, a 17-year-old running back at the school, Courtney Carroll, died of stab wounds suffered during a fight in the Lincoln Park West shopping plaza next to the school.

Almost 3,000 students attend Piper High School. A
ccordin
g to a district report released this week, the school had 277 criminal incidents in 2002. It had 159 in 2003 and 128 in 2004. Because of poor record-keeping and reporting in the
district, superintendent Frank Till has expressed doubt about the statistics.

Area superintendent Harry LaCava on Wednesday said the school's principal, Anthony Taylor, has improved discipline since taking over the school last year.

"I don't judge Piper on isolated incidents, I judge on what they have done during the school year," LaCava said. "And I feel they have made progress, academic progress, safety progress."

Piper has no metal detectors at its entrances and exits. However, Taylor has a hand-held metal detector he can use if he suspects a student is carrying a weapon, Broward schools spokesman Joe Donzelli said.

One student, 15-year-old Ronelle Paul of Sunrise, said the school is too dangerous. She left Piper on Wednesday with her mother.

"This is not like it's happened the first time; it makes three times already," she said. "I'm not going to stay here and get hurt. They can't watch these students."

Taylor declined to comment on Wednesday, referring reporters to D
onzelli.

"I think if you look at any large, urban high schools in the United States, you're going to find incidents like this," Donzelli said.

But Knowles' stepfather had a different opinion.

"It's like the wild, wild west," Derrick Simhue said of the school. "I never thought it would happen to someone this close. It's very pathetic."

Gray remained at the jail Wednesday evening, held on a $20,000 bond.

"This is not like it's happened the first time; it makes three times already," she said. "I'm not going to stay here and get hurt. They can't watch these students."

What she means to say is they can't watch 41.4% of the students who happen to be niggers at Piper High School.

T.N.B.

Piper High principal rejects plan to make school like jail after stabbings

Parents quizzed Piper High School Principal Anthony Taylor for an hour Tuesday about school security after four stabbings on or near campus in less than three years.

About 90 parents applauded Taylor for his efforts so far at the 3,000-student campus. But many suggested that he install permanent metal detectors, increase security officers and lock most school doors.

Taylor disagreed: "We don't want kids to come into school and think they're in a jailhouse."

He said the school already has 32 surveillance cameras, 11 security personnel, badges for identifying students and staff, and a rule for locki

ng classrooms once the bell rings.

The best way to increase securi
ty, Taylor said, would be for parents to call if they hear about bullying or possible threats against their child.

The most recent stabbing was March 4, when Sullivan Gray allegedly attacked two students in a geometry class with a 2-inch pocketknife.

Police said Gray, 18, slashed Omari Delahaye in the neck because he believed the 16-year-old broke into his home. Royann Knowles, 16, also was cut when she tried to intervene.

Delahaye and Knowles are recovering, and Delahaye already is back in school.

Meanwhile, Gray was charged with two counts of aggravated battery and one count of carrying a weapon on school grounds. He was released from jail Friday on a $21,500 bond. No court dates have been set in his case.

The incident tore at fears many Piper parents already had about their children's safety. In May, another student was stabbed near the cafeteria. And in 2002,
a f
ootball player died in a knife fight at a nearby shopping center.

School Board member M
arty Rubinstein said one way to make Piper safer would be to randomly search students using metal-detecting wands. The district already allows searches in cases where staff members suspect a student is carrying something illegal.

On Tuesday, several Piper students said they wouldn't mind random searches.

"If they can prevent stuff, they should -- as long as they're not touching me," Ynez Babich, 14, said.

Candi James, 17, disagreed: "I've never been scared at Piper."

According to Sunrise police, 354 crimes were committed at Piper, including 63 batteries or assaults, from 2002 to 2004.

"Piper isn't any different from any other urban high school," said Joe Melita, director of the district's Special Investigative Unit.

Melita said he'd be uncomfortable with random checks on students. A better strategy, he said, wo
uld be t
o get students and parents involved in campus security.

"All the metal detectors in the world won't beat pride in your community."

Wake u
p America and smell the nigger.

T.N.B.

I guess it's time to pay the Piper, get it?

After all, whoever pays the Piper calls the tune. LOL!

:D

[Candi James, 17, disagreed: "I've never been scared at Piper."]

Then you be stupid at Piper, beeyutch.

Back