NJ man, 28, takes plea deal for impregnating two children he was 'father figure' to

https://www.audacy.com/1010wins/news/nj-man-28-takes-plea-deal-for-impregnating-two-children

NJ man, 28, takes plea deal for impregnating two children he was 'father figure' to​

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (1010 WINS) — An Atlantic City man took a plea bargain on Thursday for raping and impregnating two sisters who were family friends between the ages of 11 and 13, according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office

Isaiah Banks-Carey, a 28-year-old identified in court documents as a “father figure” to the girls, impregnated one of the girls twice and the other once between January 2018 and September 2019. The children carried all of the pregnancies to term.

The Department of Child Protection and Permanency referred the case to the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office for investigation.

A DNA test confirmed Banks-Carey fathered the babies.

Banks-Carrey was charged in September 2019 with multiple sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child charges.

He pleaded guilty to three of six aggravated sexual assault charges in exchange for a 25-year prison sentence as part of a plea deal.

He’ll also be required to register as a sex offender, face lifetime parole after his release and stay away from his victims.

An Atlantic City man admits to rapes that impregnated two young sisters

isaiah-banks-carey.jpg

An Atlantic City man admitted to sexually assaulting two young sisters, which resulted in the births of three babies.
Isaiah Banks-Carey, now 28, pleaded guilty to three counts of aggravated sexual assault on the girls who were as young as 11 at the time.

He faces 25 years in state prison under the plea agreement.
When the girls, then 12 and 13, both became pregnant during the same time frame, the Department of Child Protection and Permanency reported it to the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office on Sept. 4, 2019.

An investigation led to Banks-Carey as a suspect.
banks-carey.png
Isaiah Banks-Carey appears in court Jan. 8, 2021, during a hearing where the girls’ mother testified.
The girls’ mother, whose name is not being reported to protect the victims’ identities, had lived with the defendant in what she described in court as an abusive relationship.

At one point, the man did move out and was living in Ventnor, she testified.
“I told Mr. Banks to leave plenty of times,” she testified during a hearing last year. “He choked me in my own home. … I was getting beat into a relationship. The man wouldn’t leave my home.”‘
She said she didn’t know he was abusing her daughters.
“My (first) granddaughter was born three month, two months early,” the girls’ mother testified. “I thought (the father) was her boyfriend.”

That child was born in March 2019, with the second girl giving birth that June.
Then one of the girls got pregnant a second time.

The girls’ mother said investigators did a blood test at the hospital, something she claimed she asked for previously.
“I had this man in my life for two years… a man who raped my daughters,” she said. “Today I’m here to protect them. You don’t understand what they went through.

“People thinking I’m this type of woman who didn’t protect my kids,” she added.
DNA tests confirmed all three of the woman’s grandchildren were fathered by Banks-Carey.
The plea agreement calls for Banks-Carey to serve all 25 years of the sentence under the Jessica Lunsford Act, which calls for a minimum of 25 years for first-time child sex offenders. He also pleaded guilty to a concurrent sentence of 10 years with 85 percent of parole ineligibility under the No Early Release Act.
Upon his release, he would have lifetime supervision as a Megan’s Law offender.
Banks-Carey’s sentencing will come after an evaluation at the Avenel Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center. He remains jailed.

Back