Olivia Newton-John's daughter Chloe Lattanzi releases graphic video for song Play With Me

B

BB-Leo

848888-chloe.jpg

Olivia Newton-John's daughter Chloe Lattanzi releases graphic video for song Play With Me

July 26, 2011

OLIVIA Newton-John's daughter Chloe Lattanzi shocks the world.
While mum Olivia Newton-John is the queen of everything camp, her daughter is transparently her musical antithesis - as the video for her second single, Play With Me, evinces.

Nope, you won’t find rollerskating 80s babes or muscled hunks in this girl’s work. Instead, try drug abuse, violence and suicide - and that's just for starters.

The video tells the story of the pain caused by unrequited love and references violent images of self-mutilation, suicide, drug use and domestic violence.

Released on the internet late last week, the clip opens with the 25-year-old crying tears of blood while sitting in a bathtub full of electrical appliances nursing a badly scolded arm.

It has since received more than 6300 hits on YouTube and is prefaced with a warning to the audience that the clip is "intended for entertainment purposes only".

Olivia has remained silent over the new music video by her only child, however, her publicist has actively promoted the graphic film clip via Twitter.

Lattanzi, who has battled mental health problems in the past, insisted her controversial video was a form of artistic expression:

"It's about dying inside in front of the one you love, and that person not noticing what's really going on inside you, being unseen, unheard and desperate for love and attention.

"The concept is actually quite dark, but not literal in meaning."

The aspiring pop star has publicly battled anorexic nervosa and depression. Last year she allegedly collapsed outside a Hollywood nightclub and was denied entry into a strip club after bouncers deemed her too intoxicated. She then had to be helped into a taxi by a group of paparazzi photographers.

Over the weekend, Lattanzi released another video in which she outlined the reasons for Play With Me's extreme imagery.

"I don't want to kill myself, I don't want to die, I don't want to kill anybody, I don't want anyone to die, it's all just in the name of fun," she says on the video, as two men in the background remove a blood stained and maimed female mannequin from the set.

"Some people are taking it a little too seriously and getting preachy and all this bulls..t. But it is an artist's job to challenge ideas.

"I have a lot of gratitude though for your attention to me. Bring on the negativity because I love the attention."

Back