Phoenix Airport to Test X-Ray Screening

3 Ks

Registered
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061201/D8LO1JLO2.html

Phoenix Airport to Test X-Ray Screening
Dec 1, 2006 7:02 AM

AIRPORT_X-RAY_SCREENING.sff_NY111_20061201070044.jpg
AIRPORT_X-RAY_SCREENING.sff_NY110_20061201065923.jpg

Susan Hallowell holds up a side arm that was detected by the "backscatter" machine at the Transportation Security Administration in Egg Harbor Township, N.J. Wednesday, June 25, 2003. Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix Arizona will test the new federal screening system that takes X-rays of passenger's bodies to detect concealed explosives and other weapons. The technology, called backscatter, has been around for several years but has not been widely used in the U.S. as an anti-terrorism tool because of privacy concerns.

PHOENIX (AP) - Sky Harbor International Airport here will test a new federal screening system that takes X-rays of passenger's bodies to detect concealed explosives and other weapons.

The technology, called backscatter, has been around for several years but has not been widely used in the U.S. as an anti-terrorism tool because of privacy concerns.

The Transportation Security Administration said it has found a way to refine the machine's images so that the normally graphic pictures can be blurred in certain areas while still being effective in detecting bombs and other threats.

The agency is expected to provide more information about the technology later this month but said one machine will be up and running at Sky Harbor's Terminal 4 by Christmas.

The security agency's Web site indicates that the technology will be used initially as a secondary screening measure, meaning that only those passengers who first fail the standard screening process will be directed to the X-ray area.

Even then, passengers will have the option of choosing the backscatter or a traditional pat-down search.

A handful of other U.S. airports will have the X-rays machines in place by early 2007 as part of a nationwide pilot program, TSA officials said.

The technology already is being used in prisons and by drug enforcement agents, and has been tested at London's Heathrow Airport.

The security agency says the machines will be effective in helping detect plastic or liquid explosives and other non-metallic weapons that can be missed by standard metal detectors.

Some say the high-resolution images - which clearly depict the outline of the passenger's body, plus anything attached to it, such as jewelry - are too invasive.

But the TSA said the X-rays will be set up so that the image can be viewed only by a security officer in a remote location. Other passengers, and even the agent at the checkpoint, will not have access to the picture.

In addition, the system will be configured so that the X-ray will be deleted as soon as the individual steps away from the machine. It will not be stored or available for printing or transmitting, agency spokesman Nico Melendez said.

backscatter-thumb.jpg

With obesity rampant in the U.S.S.A., I can't imagine anyone human wanting this job. Remember Nadine Thompson?

300 lb negress chimps out on plane, booted

Most screeners I have encountered in airports are niggers.

I tell ya, da bruthas are going to be loving this. All those white girls going through those x-rays will be nigger heaven. The bucks will be lining up in numbers to take the job.

Just imagine some buck eye-raping your wife, sister, daughter, or mother while he is sitting there scanning those images.

I guess thats one way to get the bucks off welfare and working.

passenger.jpg

The whole airport security thing can be easily remedied by sorting passengers into White and Colored. Better yet, separate planes and facilities for Whites. Whites are not part of the problem, in fact, a Whites-only airport doesn't even need security, except to keep out the non-Whites. Air travel was invented by Whites for the exclusive use of Whites; the mud-races should either be taking the boat or walking.

All you slants, semites, swamis, spooks and spics: best stay out of the way of your superiors!

'Yam Yam, X-ray operators!':mad:

Perhaps for you in USA is a good idea having such x-rays! But you think that all this is going too far?

This is damaging humanity and respect for every passenger that is boarding the aeroplanes, and naturally when they reach their destination similar event are beginning again.

I think that in USA, you primarily have to sort out your schedules and over booked seats on the flights. We do have your short TV series about your flights, and how they are overbooked by the Travel Agents in USA. Watching all this on Television it really makes me think which way is USA is heading? 'To provide services for their passengers or for the USA 'Supreme Dollar!' I've sympathy for passengers in your country, and now another burden on their shoulders with such X-rays. This is revolting. People shouldn't accept to take such jobs; they should instead invent robots to see bodies on the screens practically naked. I wonder if those machines are also detecting 'Condoms when they are swallowed loaded with drugs, which will perhaps save some money to the government, by sending suspected drug mules to Hospitals for scanning. :rotfl:

THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!

:bowboy:

Air travel was invented by Whites for the exclusive use of Whites; the mud-races should either be taking the boat or walking.

Just walking, actually. Or taking rafts bound together with jungle vines.

Privacy 'infringed' by see-through scanners

REVEALING new airport security scanners which can see through passengers' clothing has provoked privacy concerns from the American Civil Liberties Union.

0,,6086221,00.jpg

"People have no idea how graphic the images are," Barry Steinhardt, director of the technology and liberty program at the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), told AFP.

The ACLU said in a statement that passengers expecting privacy underneath their clothing "should not be required to display highly personal details of their bodies such as evidence of mastectomies, colostomy appliances, penile implants, catheter tubes and the size of their breasts or genitals as a pre-requisite to boarding
a plane
".

The security scanners have already being installed in 10 US airports, according to US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officials.

A random selection of travellers getting ready to board airplanes in Washington, New York's Kennedy, Los Angeles and other key US hubs will be shut in the glass booths while a three-dimensional image is made of their body beneath their clothes.

The booths close around the passenger and emit "millimetre waves" that go through cloth to identify metal, plastics, ceramics, chemical materials and explosives, according to the TSA.

While it allows the security screeners - looking at the images in a separate room - to clearly see the passenger's sexual organs as well as other details of their bodies, the passenger's face is blurred, TSA said in a statement on its website.

The scan only takes seconds and is to replace the physical pat-downs of people that is currently widespread in American airports. The TSA
began introducing the body scanners in April.

The installation is picking up this month, with machines in place or planned for airports in Washington (Reagan National and Baltimore-Washington International), Dallas, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Miami and Detroit.

Besides masking their faces, the TSA says on its website, the images made "will not be printed stored or transmitted".

"Once the transportation security officer has viewed the image and resolved anomalies, the image is erased from the screen permanently. The officer is unable to print, export, store or transmit the image."

Lara Uselding, a TSA spokeswoman, added that passengers are not obliged to accept the new machines.

"The passengers can choose between the body imaging and the pat-down," she told AFP.

TSA foresees 30 of the machines installed across the country by the end of 2008. In Europe, Amsterdam's Schipol airport is already using the scanners.

Most screeners I have encountered in airports are niggers.

I tell ya, da bruthas are going to be loving this. All those white girls going through those x-rays will be nigger heaven. The bucks will be lining up in numbers to take the job.

Just imagine some buck eye-raping your wife, sister, daughter, or mother while he is sitting there scanning those images.

I guess thats one way to get the bucks off welfare and working.

Nigger Screener 1: "Yo Jamal, get over here and checks out deeze titties on dis fine lookin' blonde white girl I just scanned."

Nigger Screener 2: "Yo bro, dat be some fine lookin poon, dats fo' sho'. Let's smuggle deeze muffuga's out and put dem up on the internet, maybe make some $$$ fo' some blow'".

Back