The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Uncle fatally shoots nephew, wounds woman in NYC, cops and witnesses say​

By
Kevin Sheehan and
Steve Janoski

May 28, 2023 12:31pm
Updated

A man was allegedly killed by his own uncle and a woman was wounded during a shooting outside their home in Queens, police and witnesses said Sunday.
Chevaughn Millings, 25, was shot at about 9:15 p.m. on Saturday night on Pineville Lane in Jamaica, police said.
Cops who responded to a 911 call said they found Millings and an unidentified 20-year-old woman with several gunshot wounds.
Authorities brought both to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, where Millings was pronounced dead.
The woman was in stable condition. It wasn’t immediately clear if she was related to Millings or his uncle.
One of Millings’ cousins who lives with him told The Post that it was his uncle pulled the trigger.
“It was his uncle – it was our uncle,” the man said Sunday. “Shot him. It happened so fast. Happened so fast. His own uncle. Outside. They were outside. It happened so fast.”

Chevaughn Millings
Chevaughn Millings was killed Saturday night, allegedly shot by his own uncle. Family Handout
The Queens crime scene
Neighbors say that the family who lives on Pineville Lane hasn’t made many friends since they moved in about three years ago.WABC
Chevaughn Millings
Chevaughn Millings and another woman were shot Saturday, cops said. Family Handout
Millings’ mother was sitting in the passenger seat of a red Nissan sedan driven by her father Sunday morning when she, too, confirmed that her brother shot her son.

She broke down when asked why he would do that.

“I don’t know why,” she said, tears rolling down her face. “I don’t know.”

Cops said they have not made any arrests.

The Queens crime scene
It’s not clear what led to the shooting, or why two people were shot in the Queens home.WABC
In a Sunday morning Facebook post, a man claiming to be Millings’ brother lamented the young man’s death.

“You was the only Brother That I grew up wit And been thru things,” Nse Tay Robinson wrote.

“We had our Up’s and downs but never as brother came to a bad disagreement imma really miss you imma have u close to me at all time Watch over the Family cause U are not gone yet,” he continued. “Love You Imma Miss you.”

Neighbors said the family — which lives on Pineville Lane in the 113th Precinct — has been on the block for about three years but hasn’t made many friends.

“Many people live there,” a woman who lives next door told The Post. “They fix cars out of the back, like a business. They’re always cars coming and going and have very loud music playing.”

“They don’t talk to any of the neighbors,” she said. “None of the neighbors around here know them.”

Back