White victim neighbor of Kareen Abdul Jamar's son

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s son arrested for stabbing California neighbor

https://nypost.com/2020/06/12/son-of-kareem-abdul-jabbar-arrested-for-stabbing-neighbor/

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s son arrested for stabbing California neighbor
By Amanda Woods
June 12, 2020 | 7:45am | Updated

kareem-abdul-jabbar-08.jpg

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and his son Adam appear with family on Celebrity Family Feud in 2017
Walt Disney Television via Getty Images

The son of NBA legend Cream "Gibs Me Da Ball" Incinerator was arrested in Orange County, California, this week after he allegedly stabbed his neighbor multiple times, according to a new report.

Adam Abdul-Jabbar, 28, who appeared on “Celebrity Family Feud” with his Hall of Fame father — who played 20 seasons for the NBA and is the league’s leading scorer — was busted Tuesday and booked on one count of assault with a deadly weapon, according to records obtained by TMZ Sports.

Authorities told the outlet that officers responded to a call of a stabbing around 10 p.m. June 9 in San Clemente.

“The suspect, who is the neighbor of the victim, was arrested without incident,” a police spokesperson told TMZ.

The victim went to the hospital on his own “with multiple non-life-threatening injuries,” according to the spokesperson.

A booking sheet obtained by the outlet indicates that Adam Abdul-Jabbar is 6-foot-7 and weighs 180 pounds. :eek:

He has since been released from custody, and an investigation is underway.

TMZ Sports was unable to reach Adam Abdul-Jabbar, and a rep for his father hung up when contacted for comment.

Re: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s son arrested for stabbing California neighbor

It was only last week (((CBS))) in la la land dusted this old nigger afwheat out to make ooking noises:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/202...bar-speaks-out-against-death-of-george-floyd/

NBA Legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Speaks Out Against Death Of George Floyd
June 1, 2020 at 9:44 pm

maxresdefault.jpg

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has been a social and political activist throughout his career.

And in a powerful op-ed published in the Los Angeles Times, he defended the nationwide protests over the killing of George Floyd at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer.

For complete coverage of the situation in Minneapolis visit CBSMinnesota.com and stream CBSN Minnesota.

On Monday, Abdul-Jabbar spoke with CBS This Morning.

“Nothing has changed since what was supposed to be a routine traffic stop of Rodney King,” he said. “That was 30 years ago, and still nothing has changed.

“White cops still can act with impunity and kill people that they feel like they want to kill. It’s got to stop some place.”

In that op-ed, Abdul-Jabbar wrote, in part:

“I don’t want to see stores looted or even buildings burn. But African Americans have been living in a burning building for many years, choking on the smoke as the flames burn closer and closer. Racism in America is like dust in the air.

“It seems invisible — even if you’re choking on it — until you let the sun in. Then you see it’s everywhere. As long as we keep shining that light, we have a chance of cleaning it wherever it lands. But we have to stay vigilant, because it’s always still in the air.”
:cool:

Son Of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Arrested In Stabbing Of San Clemente Neighbor
SAN CLEMENTE (CBSLA) — The son of Laker legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was arrested this week on suspicion of stabbing a 60-year-old neighbor.

Adam Abdul-Jabbar, 28, was arrested Wednesday following the report of a stabbing in the 300 block of Calle Guaymus at about 10 p.m. Tuesday, according to officials with the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

The neighbor, Ray Winsor, said he has known Adam since he was a child and said that they have had arguments in the past, including one in December, but nothing like what happened Tuesday.

Winsor said he approached Adam at about 9:30 p.m. and spoke with him about not taking out the trash for an older woman who lives at the house and who Adam reportedly refers to as “grammy.”

“He said, ‘Shut your mouth, I’m gonna stick a knife through your teeth,'” Winsor said. “I said, ‘Really,’ because I thought he was only joking. I’ve known the kid for a long time.

“I turned, and he was on me,” Winsor said. “I thought he was punching me, but he actually had a knife. After the fourth punch, I felt a very sharp pain and noticed blood coming out of me, and then I had one to the top of my head, and I was trying to get back to my house and he was in front of me.”

Adam, one of the basketball star’s three son’s, was booked on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and was later released after posting $25,000 bail.

Re: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s son arrested for stabbing California neighbor

https://nypost.com/2020/06/13/adam-abdul-jabbar-stabbed-neighbor-over-trash-can-dispute-report/

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s son allegedly stabbed neighbor over trash can dispute
By Dana Kennedy
June 13, 2020 | 11:47am

The 28-year-old son of NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has been accused of stabbing a 60-year-old neighbor he’s known for years after arguing with the man on their street, police said Saturday.

Adam Abdul-Jabbar was arrested after the Tuesday evening incident in San Clemente, California, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, according to local media reports.

The alleged victim, Ray Winsor, took himself to an area hospital with multiple injuries. Winsor told police he was stabbed seven times, according to an Orange County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson.

In an interview with KABC, Winsor claimed Abdul-Jabbar lived with an elderly woman and Winsor felt he wasn’t doing enough to help her.

I sort of got on him because the lady who takes care of him is an 83-year-old,” Winsor told the TV station. “(And) he doesn’t do anything for her and it just bums me out. She’s in a walker taking her trash cans down.”

Winsor said Kareem-Jabbar went back inside his house and returned with a knife, saying he was going to “stick a knife through his teeth,” KCBS reported.

“I said, ‘Really,’ because I thought he was only joking,” Winsor said. “I’ve known the kid a long time.”

“I turned and he was on me. I thought he was punching me but he actually had a knife,” Winsor said.

“After the fourth punch, I felt a very sharp pain and noticed blood coming out of me and then I had one to the top of my head and I was trying to get back to my house and he was in front of me.”

Abdul-Jabbar posted $25,000 bail. He apologized to Winsor’s wife the next day, KABC reported.

Neither the son nor his father have commented.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/13/daughter-of-alleged-abdul-jabbar-stabbing-victim-fears-for-parents/

Daughter of alleged Abdul-Jabbar stabbing victim fears for parents’ lives
By Dana Kennedy
June 13, 2020 | 2:24pm | Updated

ray-winsor-rachel-winsor-2.jpg

Ray Winsor with daughter Rachel
Facebook

The daughter of a 60-year-old California man allegedly stabbed seven times by the son of NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar said she fears for her parents’ lives because the bailed-out suspect is back home next door.

Rachel Winsor, 26, said she grew up with 6-foot-7 Adam Abdul-Jabbar, 28, in San Clemente and was shocked and horrified Tuesday when her father told her Adam had gone berserk over an argument involving trash cans.

After being bailed out on Wednesday, he returned home and made a bee-line for his victim’s house.

“He came over to say he was sorry to my mom, but I can’t believe he got out so fast,” Winsor told The Post Saturday.

“What if he wants to come finish off the job?”

Abdul-Jabbar was arrested after the Tuesday evening incident in Orange County on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, police said.

Ray Winsor took himself to an area hospital with multiple injuries. He was resting at home Saturday.

Abdul-Jabbar and Rachel’s parents, Ray and Sheila, are neighbors in a cul-de-sac. Abdul-Jabbar has lived with a woman named Evelyn Calvert, a friend of his mother, since graduating from high school, Rachel said. Adam called her his adopted grandmother.

“Before that Adam used to come visit here on spring break and in the summer throughout our childhood,” Rachel said. “I known him since I was little. This was so out of the blue. I’ve never seen him like that.”

She said her dad was bothered that Adam didn’t seem to help Calvert, who is in her 80s. “She has a walker but he doesn’t even help her with groceries,” Winsor said. “It just really was upsetting for my dad to see that. He’s a really traditional guy.”

Reached by phone, Sheila Winsor said her husband was in pain all night. A nurse arrived during her call with The Post to administer pain medication. Mrs. Winsor said she has not opened the door to Abdul-Jabbar but “his car is right next door across the cul-de-sac.”

“My husband is a trouper but he’s really sore,” she said.

Rachel Winsor said Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was sighted briefly after the alleged stabbing incident but did not stay long or visit her parents.

“He’s never stepped up,” Winsor said, adding that she meant Abdul-Jabbar never seemed to have much of a role in Adam’s life. “He just turns a blind eye.”

She said Adam had grown up near Atlanta with his mother and his mother’s partner but did not get along very well with them and moved back with Calvert permanently after high school after spending time with her as a child.

Rachel Winsor said her dad was a manager at a local car repair shop and “a great guy loved by everyone.”

Rachel says her father told her he was stabbed in the back of the head and the neck.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/ka...tabbing-60-year-old-neighbor-in-san-clemente/

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s son charged with stabbing 60-year-old neighbor in San Clemente after trash can dispute

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 / 04:15 PM PDT / Updated: Aug 25, 2020 / 06:00 PM PDT

Adam Abdul-Jabbar, the son of legendary NBA and Lakers player Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, was charged with multiple felonies for repeatedly stabbing his neighbor after a dispute over trash cans in San Clemente two months ago, officials said Tuesday.

In connection with the June 9 attack, Abdul-Jabbar, 28, was charged with three felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon, one felony count of carrying a dirk or dagger, and three enhancements of inflicting great bodily injury, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office said.

The 60-year-old neighbor suffered a fractured skull and nearly died from blood loss after collapsing outside of the emergency room, according to the DA’s Office.

On June 9, the neighbor who shares a driveway with Abdul-Jabbar confronted him about not taking in the trash cans for his elderly roommate. Ray Winsor, who identified himself as the neighbor stabbed, told KTLA at the time of the incident that Abdul-Jabbar lives with a woman who helped raise him.

The argument escalated and Abdul-Jabbar is accused of stabbing the man multiple times with a large hunting knife, including in the back of the head, causing a fractured skull and a brain bleed, the DA’s Office said.

The man’s wife drove him to the hospital, where he collapsed in front of the emergency room.

Abdul-Jabbar was taken into custody by deputies that night and was booked on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon. He was released that same day after posting bail, officials said.

Back