Women to blame for earthquakes, says Iran cleric

Expose Them All

Registered
By-golly, I knew it was something like this!
I just couldn't quite place my finger on it.
Good thing men aren't promiscuous.
:unsure:

BTW, I wonder who they are being promiscuous with?
:rolleyes:

Women behaving promiscuously are causing the earth to shake, according to cleric, as Ahmadinejad predicts Tehran quake

Iranian-woman--001.jpg

A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear revealing clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.

Iran is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries, and the cleric's unusual explanation for why the earth shakes follows a prediction by the president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, that a quake is certain to hit Tehran and that many of its 12 million inhabitants should relocate.

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Women in the Islamic Republic are required by law to cover from head to toe, but many, especially the young, ignore some of the more strict codes and wear tight coats and scarves pulled back that show much of the hair. "What can we do to avoid being buried under the rubble?" Sedighi asked during a prayer sermon last week. "There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam's moral codes." Seismologists have warned for at least two decades that it is likely the sprawling capital will be struck by a catastrophic quake in the near future. Some experts have even suggested Iran should move its capital to a less seismically active location. Tehran straddles scores of fault lines, including one more than 50 miles long, though it has not suffered a major quake since 1830.

I have to move this to the Islamic section ETA. Hope you don't mind. This is TIB personified.... Typical Islamic Behavior. Women are lower than animals to these Mudslime monkeys.

'Boobquake' Protests Cleric's Earthquake Claim

Purdue Student's Half-Joking Post Mushrooms Into Web Phenomenon
POSTED: 10:34 am EDT April 26, 2010
UPDATED: 4:02 pm EDT April 26, 2010

23265293_240X180.jpg

Shirts were made available to commemorate "Boobquake."

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- A Purdue University student's attempt to poke fun at an Iranian cleric's contention that promiscuity and immodesty is responsible for earthquakes mushroomed into a cause that went viral, taken on by thousands of women.

Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, Tehran's acting Friday prayer leader, ignited controversy last week by linking tremors to the behavior of women.

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Iranian media quoted Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi as saying.

Jen McCreight, a self-described "liberal, geeky, nerdy, scientific, perverted atheist feminist trapped in Indiana," and her cause, "Boobquake," is one of the top trending topics worldwide on Twitter and has amassed a Facebook following of about 50,000 people, with hundreds of thousands pledged to help the effort.

"Seriously, internet, you scare and amaze me sometimes," McCreight quipped on her blog, blaghag.com.

Last week, McCreight posted a somewhat tongue-in-cheek message on the blog, saying that she would "wear the most cleavage-showing shirt" she owns on April 26 and asked "female skeptics to join me and embrace the supposed supernatural power of their breasts," not thinking the post would necessarily be taken literally or take off like it has.

McCreight's post started a groundswell of support and prompted her to take on the cause as a more serious endeavor.

"It started as a silly joke that I hurriedly fired off," McCreight said in follow-up post on her blog. "I never thought it would get the attention it did."

McCreight, an aspiring scientist, said she doesn't think the protest is in any way demeaning to women.

"I don't want to force people out of their comfort zones, because I believe women have the right to choose how they want to dress," she said. "If I want to show a little cleavage or joke about my boobs, that's my prerogative."

A small protest Monday afternoon on the Purdue campus drew about 25 participants in tight, low-cutting attire and plenty of curious onlookers.

"My original intention was to have sort of a fake science experiment," she said. "When someone makes really ridiculous claims … we should be able to test them with their hypothesis."

One man showed up with a seismograph on his cell phone, but the earth didn't move. Others admitted they were there to see what the fuss was about.

"I saw it on Facebook … and I was in town and thought I'd make the trip on up here," said Eric East.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/23265356/detail.html

Back