3 BLACKS: Family identifies WM man killed in gas station beating, police searching for suspects

Arheel's Uncle

Senior Reporter
White Victim: Rodney Jay Surprise
Black Murderers: Terry Johnson, Marvin Millner, Black Juvenile
Method: Blunt Force Trauma

Family identifies man killed in gas station beating, police searching for suspects​

It happened late Tuesday night at the Petro Mart on South Chase Avenue near West Lincoln Avenue on the city's south side.

Rodney Surprise, 46, was dragged from his car and attacked at a Milwaukee gas station. He was left in the parking lot, as the people responsible for the crime took off in his car. It happened late Tuesday night at the Petro Mart on South Chase Avenue near West Lincoln Avenue on the city's south side. Surprise was rushed to the hospital but died from his injuries Wednesday. His family tells TMJ4 that police found his car with all four tires gone. They are devastated, and want whoever did this to be caught and punished.

By: Katie Crowther

Posted at 9:35 AM, Oct 27, 2022

and last updated 3:44 PM, Oct 27, 2022

MILWAUKEE — Rodney Surprise, 46, was dragged from his car and attacked at a Milwaukee gas station. He was left in the parking lot, as the people responsible for the crime took off in his car.
It happened late Tuesday night at the Petro Mart on South Chase Avenue near West Lincoln Avenue on the city's south side.

Surprise was rushed to the hospital but died from his injuries Wednesday. His family tells TMJ4 that police found his car with all four tires gone. They are devastated, and want whoever did this to be caught and punished.

Rodney Surprise

Family
Rodney Surprise

Rodney Surprise

Family
Rodney Surprise

Milwaukee Police are investigating, and do not have anyone in custody for his death. Anyone with any information is asked to contact Milwaukee Police at (414) 935-7360 or to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at (414) 224-Tips.
TMJ4 News spoke with a witness who wanted to remain anonymous.
“I saw two or three men drag him out of his car,” he said. “They beat him, took his money and his car. They left him unresponsive in the parking lot. It was an unnecessary act that shouldn’t have happened.”

Less than a block away, Roberto Villafuentes is working to build up this neighborhood. He opened Nueva Bakery on West Lincoln Avenue, at 5th Street last year.
“This building was closed for a long time and I always noticed it and thought it would be a good spot,” said Villafuentes. “I have experience working at bakeries. I decided to rent the space and bring a family bakery to this area. My dream came true.”
But crime and violence are dampening that dream.
Roberto, his wife and three children are at Nueva Bakery in the early morning and often late at night, baking everything from scratch.
“My kids are often with me here,” said Villafuentes. “I don’t want dangerous things happening near them. I want this community to come together and help each other. Stop all this negative stuff.”
Others who live in this area say a few negative influences are ruining it for people trying to do the positive. This neighborhood stands in the shadow of the Basilica of St. Josaphat. It is full of families and kids, refusing to lose faith in this south side community.

Two men charged with attacking, killing man at Milwaukee gas station​

Police are looking for third man wanted in case

See video at site, 2 identified in photo, both are BLACK males.

MILWAUKEE —
Two men are facing charges in a deadly attack at a Milwaukee gas station.

Investigators said three men attacked Rodney Surprise near 5th Street and Chase Avenue Tuesday night, dragging him out of the gas station, hitting him and stealing his car.

Prosecutors charged Terry Johnson and Marvin Millner with felony murder.

Both appeared in court over the weekend.

Police are looking for a third man.

According to the criminal complaint, Johnson told police he thought the victim owed the other two men money.

The complaint says Millner admitted to stealing the victim's car and being high on crack cocaine at the time.​

Men charged after allegedly beating carjacking victim to death on Milwaukee's south side​

By: CBS 58 Newsroom

Posted: Oct 31, 2022 3:57 PM CST | Updated: Nov 1, 2022 6:01 AM CST

8VZia-1667250526-240363-blog-0900P_SHERIFF%20VIOLENT%20C_WDJTANQJ_00-00-08%2C21_1.jpg

See Also​

MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Two men are charged after police say they beat a man to death in Milwaukee.

Police say the Oct. 25 beating was caught on surveillance camera.

Video shows 47-year-old Terry Johnson, 57-year-old Marvin Millner and an unidentified third suspect attack the man outside a gas station on the city's south side.

Police say they left the man for dead, and Millner took off in the victim's car.

The victim was identified as 46-year-old Rodney Surprise.

He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

According to Milwaukee County Circuit Court documents, Johnson and Millner are both charged with felony murder and robbery (use of force).

Back