American tourist visits England - raped by Negro

-88-

Registered

02006031197006op.jpg

Convicted ... Isse Botan

02006031200005ub.jpg

Courageous ... Brenda Sexton

Mum helps cage evil rapist

A RAPIST was nailed 12 years on --after his brave victim flew to Britain from Florida to give evidence.

Brenda Sexton waived her anonymity and refused to testify behind a protective screen --so she could face evil Isse Botan across the courtroom.

She was on her first holiday outside the US when Botan dragged her off the street and raped her in a disused garage in Bayswater, West London.

Brenda returned home after the attack but last year police found DNA evidence using new techniques. Brenda, now 34 and a mum of two, agreed to jet over and gi

ve evidence at Harrow Crown Court.

She said: There was no doubt in my mind. I had to do it, but I knew it would be hard
. I didn't want a screen. I wanted him to have to see me again, to have to listen to what he did to me.

Those people don't care about you as a person. I wanted him to have the image of me in his head forever.

Testifying was uncomfortable and embarrassing but I didn't sob.

" cried a little. I told myself I would be strong and not give him the pleasure of seeing me a wreck. I thought 'This is my life and I don't want it to be pathetic'.

Jailing Botan, 41, of Hammersmith, judge Roger Sanders said: " am sentencing you to 12 years, one year for every year she has lost.

Air hostess Brenda is now in the final year of a law course so she can prosecute rape cases in the US.

She said: " want to encourage women to come forward. Those people shouldn't get away with it. I feel very strong now.

DC Jenny Butler, of the Met's c
old
case
team said: With the advancement of science, offenders can never stop looking over their shoulders.

temp link
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006030713,00.html

Judge Roger Sanders said: " am sentencing you to 12 years, one year for every year she has lost.

So he'll serve no more than 6 years.

Jailing Botan, 41, of Hammersmith, judge Roger Sanders said: " am sentencing you to 12 years, one year for every year she has lost.

It's a good thing this nigger wasn't caught the next day! :angry:

T.N.B.

Back