Bikini-clad woman says ‘Karen’ called her naked, demanded she ‘cover up’

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004
https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/bikini-clad-woman-says-karen-called-her-naked-demands-she-cover-up/

Bikini-clad woman says ‘Karen’ called her naked, demanded she ‘cover up’
By Hannah Frishberg
July 15, 2020 | 7:28pm | Updated

A “Karen” demanded this beachgoer put on some clothing — even though she was never nude. :rolleyes:

While filming videos at upstate New York’s Freedom Lake, TikTok user Aurea was approached by an angry mother who said her string bikini bottom constituted being naked — and her sons could not look away.

In their recorded interaction, the unidentified mother approaches Aurea and tells her to “get her ass covered,” telling her she’s not allowed to “be nude on a beach,” despite Aurea wearing a swimsuit.

“What do you mean?” Aurea asked. “Is there a rule that says that?”

The mom, who has not been identified, insists that there is — and, additionally, her children are staring.

JamPress-Karen-Beach-Rant-Main.jpg

“You see those group of boys over there? Those are my boys. They’re staring at your ass which is hanging out in the middle of a public place,” the woman said, before angrily offering Aurea a cover-up. “Do you need a pair of shorts? Because I have an extra pair.”

Aurea said she confirmed with park workers that there is no rule at the lake that says her swimsuit is inadequate — although there are rules in New York state requiring a face mask, which the mom wasn’t wearing.

“She came to me without a mask,” Aurea wrote in a caption in the clip, which has racked up over 3.1 million views on the social media platform.

Both the encounter and many of the comments on the video were objectifying and distinctly un-feminist, Aurea said.

“One of the reasons I moved to another country was to feel more safe as a woman,” the Mexico native captioned a follow-up video.

“Teach her boys to not stare at a girl minding her own,” one viewer commented.

“Tell her to control her boys! Why does no one tell them to raise their boys better,” commented another.

“Why she can’t teach her boys not to stare?” wrote a third. :rolleyes:

Back