BLACK - Tennessee woman arrested after posting photos of 5-year-old daughter waxing nude women

Arheel's Uncle

Senior Reporter

Tennessee woman arrested after posting photos of 5-year-old daughter waxing nude women​

by RAY LEWIS | The National Desk
Wed, February 21st 2024 at 1:20 PM

ab687f97-42cc-41dc-9c89-93fcd3c06028-medium16x9_mossedit.png

Jasmine Moss, 30, of Memphis, Tenn. (Memphis Police Department)

Jasmine Moss, 30, of Memphis, Tenn. (Memphis Police Department)
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon
Comment bubble

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (TND) — The Memphis Police Department arrested a beautician Monday after she allegedly directed her 5-year-old daughter to perform waxing services on nude women.
Jasmine Moss, 30, received child abuse and neglect charges for allowing her child to wax 24 clients over at least eight hours, according to WMC. Officers obtained tips this week regarding photos Moss reportedly uploaded to Instagram showing her daughter applying hot wax to women's pubic areas.

One photo published by TMZ displays Moss's daughter caring closely to an exposed client.
"When I say I'm passing down Deed & LLCs to my creations I mean that!” Moss reportedly captioned a picture.
Tennessee's child services department confirmed an investigation is underway but declined comment.

Estheticians in the state must be at least 16 years old to acquire a license. Social media users denounced Moss’s practice.
“It’s not only the fact that you’re exposing your child to sexual abuse/molestation but also the fact that you’re violating child labor laws,” one Instagram account, @bethoszn, wrote.
Another user placed the blame partially on the clients who consented to the 5-year-old's treatment.
“To the 24 women that cocked their legs open for a baby to put wax on their underwear areas, I hope you all are ashamed of yourselves,” @coolieee.m noted. “What made y’all feel comfortable enough to do so?”
READ MORE | New Mexico AG sues Meta, Mark Zuckerberg to 'protect' children from sexual abuse, human trafficking
Moss has uploaded several other videos of nude adults to the platform to promote her business, Jazzy Body. Running the business out of her home, she offers vaginal treatments, massages and body contouring services.
Last month, social media platforms’ issues with monitoring content received attention after video depicting graphic violence circulated on YouTube. Justin Mohn, 32, beheaded his father in a 14-minute clip that spread throughout the website before the company removed it.
“It's another example of the blatant failure of these companies to protect us," Alix Fraser, director of the Council for Responsible Social Media at Issue One, said at the time. "We can't trust them to grade their own homework.”
READ MORE | Meta challenges federal ruling preventing monetization of child user data
Other videos capturing mass shootings and abuse have also circulated through platforms. Jacob Ware, a research fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, argued the companies hold the blame for allowing users to distribute graphic content.
“The reality is that social media has become a front line in extremism and terrorism," Ware explained. "That's going to require more serious and committed efforts to push back.”

Back