Chicago: Niggers beat, throw feces at White honor student

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-disgust31.html

4 charged in beating of student

March 31, 2006

BY ROSALIND ROSSI AND MAUDLYNE IHEJIRIKA Staff Reporters Advertisement

Four Kennedy High School students were charged Thursday in an assault on a Kennedy senior who was pummeled in the school auditorium in front of scores of students and who, witnesses said, was attacked with feces later found strewn across the auditorium floor.

Teachers and students were horrified by the incident, which left the victim, an 18-year-old honor student, with a broken nose, two black eyes, abrasions on both eyes and a swollen cheek, according to his father.

"
For these [attackers] to do what they did is beyond disgusting,'' said one teacher who asked for anonymity. "No kid
should go through what this young man went through. ... I've never seen anything like this.''

Police on Thursday charged the four alleged attackers with simple battery, a misdemeanor, although Chicago Police Department spokeswoman Monique Bond said the Cook County state's attorney's office could upgrade charges.

Charged were two 16-year-old juveniles, as well as Donnell Quante Little, 18, of the 4500 block of South Lavergne, and Quinten McKenney, 17, of the 4400 block of South Leamington, Bond said.

All four were suspended for 10 days and face expulsion, said Chicago Public Schools spokesman Michael Vaughn.

Dad sees videotape

The victim's father said he is pulling his son out of Kennedy.

"He said, 'Dad, please, I don't want to go back there. I'm afraid. I don&#
39;t need this. I want to go to another school and finish up,'" said the teen's father, who requested anonymity for his son.

The father said eight to 10 kids pounced on his son "like a gang of wolv
es'' Wednesday. He was treated at a hospital for a broken nose and other injuries, and by Thursday, he looked like a cross between "Jake La Motta and Rocky,'' the father said.

School cameras captured part of the attack, and the father said police played the videotape for him at the school Thursday.

Bond said police reports described a fight and broken nose but did not mention feces as part of the attack shortly before 10 a.m. Wednesday at Kennedy, 6325 W. 56th.

Vaughn confirmed that "what appeared to be human feces was found on the floor'' but said Kennedy's disciplinarian insisted Thursday that "nobody has reported to him that they came in contact'' with any.

However, two
students told the Chicago Sun-Times they saw feces thrown during the attack.

Two teachers who tried to break up the fight were smeared with feces, witnesses said, and a third walked into her classroom afterward with "mess on her shoes,'' a student said.

The incident began after the v
ictim emerged from the boys' gym, where all male students had been held for 2-1/2 hours Wednesday during a metal detector search.

"When he walked out of the gym ... he was attacked by three kids,'' the father said. "They punched him -- one shot each in the face.''

The victim then ran into the auditorium to join more than 200 classmates at an extended, weekly "senior hall'' division class in which honor students were supposed to be rewarded with free tickets to an upcoming dance, teachers said.

Behind him, a gang of students burst through in hot pursuit, witnesses told the Sun-Times.

The attackers &q
uot;were yelling, 'Kick his ass, get him,' '' one teacher said. They pummeled the victim to the ground as scores of his fellow seniors got up and encircled the group to watch the fight, witnesses said.

Violent incidents up 56 percent

Not only was the victim punched, said senior Jesus Feliz, but "they were throwing feces on this kid. It was just sick. It was the craziest thing I've e
ver seen.''

Chicago Teachers Union President Marilyn Stewart called the incident "vile and inexplicable,'' saying it "confirms what the union, parents and the community at large have been saying about concerns of lack of safety for the children and staff in these high schools.''

Just last week, a Kennedy student was disciplined for hiding a loaded gun in the bushes outside the school. Several teachers said daily fights are not unusual.

Systemwide so far this school year, reported violent incidents in high schools are d
own 3 percent, but at Kennedy, they are up 56 percent, CPS data indicated.

"The fights have definitely increased this year,'' said junior Jasmin Rodriguez.

Several kids and teachers blamed the uptick on 190 new students who have transferred into Kennedy since October. And, teachers said, the instability caused by three different principals in 2-1/2 years has made controlling violence more difficult.

However, Vaughn said, the 28 reported violent incidents through Jan
. 31 are "still a relatively small number of incidents given the large number of students -- 1,600.''

NOW (Nigger On White) TNB CONFIRMED

Kids want cops in class (sidebar in article)

SOME BLAME TRANSFER STUDENTS
Q. Some students are blaming rising violence at Kennedy High on 190 kids who entered the school since Oct. 1. Where did these kids come from?

A. About a fifth came from foreign countries or other states, including Poland, Mexico, Yugoslavia, Wisconsin, Texas and Hawaii, CPS spokesman Michael Vaughn said. Others came from Catholic or suburban schools or other Chicago public schools, with no more than 10 students arriving from any one school, Vaughn said. A third are special education students, meaning they have learning, behavioral or physical disabilities.

Q. Why did students arrive after the start of the school year?

A. Some
came directly from other countries. Some apparently moved into Kennedy's attendan
ce area after school started, CPS officials said. Some also may have moved into the attendance area of an overcrowded school but were assigned to Kennedy because it's not overcrowded. "We have a high mobility rate, and the Southwest Side is the most overcrowded part of the city," Vaughn said. At neighboring Gage Park High, which is overcrowded, Principal Wilfredo Ortiz said three new students showed up Tuesday, and he has received about 200 new kids since Oct 1. He estimated not more than 10 of them were transferred to Kennedy, which had spaces available in a bilingual Spanish program, which many of them needed.

Q. Why were the kids who beat the Kennedy honor student and broke his nose charged with misdemeanor battery?

A. Generally, a felony aggravated battery charge requires use of a deadly weapon or "great bodily harm" to the victim, according to authorities. Police decid
ed the case was a misdemeanor and did not refer it to the Cook County state's attorney's office for possible felony charges,
Chicago Police spokeswoman Monique Bond said. She said prosecutors can upgrade the charges if that's warranted.

Q. Was this a hate crime?

A. Although the victim was white and the alleged attackers were black, "there doesn't appear to be any indication that this would be a hate crime," Bond said.

Rosalind Rossi and Stefano Esposito

Just damn disgusting.

What started this I wonder and why? Think the niggers were jealous and for those students who just stood by and watched especially if they were white are just as guilty.

Not a felony? What if the kid had been hit in just the right spot and died. Would that then be considered a felony? Thugs need to be expelled and given a rope!

Getting a handle on unruly kids as easy as 1, 2, 3

BY MARY MITCHELL SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST Advertisement

I ran across an article about a situation in Guatemala City that made me think.

Four young men who were accused of trying to rob a school were publicly whipped by their parents in a punishment that was dictated by Mayan elders. Each of the offenders received 13 lashes. They were also forced to walk on their knees for a quarter-mile in the village of Barreneche, according to the Associated Press.

That's what needs to happen to the four Kennedy High School students who attacked another student, breaking his nose and pelting him with human waste.

Besides getting whipped, the Guatemalan youths had to complete seven days of community service. About 1,000 people from two Guatemalan vi
llages witnessed the punishment. Apparently a treaty ratified in 1996 allows Guatemalan cultures to follow their own customs when it comes to punishment.

Given what has happened since African Americans became fully assimilated, black leaders should have obtained a similar treaty, instead of black parents trying to emulate white parents when it comes to discipline.

Two-parent households that have access to counseling may be able to use "The Nanny" approach. But households headed by bone-tired working mothers can't afford to experiment with methods of discipline. What they need is the three strikes and you're out approach, already proven to be effective.

One. Tell them what to do. Two. Cut them "the look." Three. Snatch them up, give them a shake. If the child continues to act up, the
ir behind is yours.

I know whippings sound barbaric, but the heavy hand of respected neighborhood elders might have kept some thugs from growing into urban terrorists.

You can only reason wit
h gun-toting gang-bangers after they are locked up in a prison cell. With no place to run, many of these tough guys find themselves picking up the Holy Bible or the Quran for direction. But we must do more to quash the anti-social behavior of black children before they are locked up.

If a neighbor reported we were cursing, stealing or vandalizing, that was it. Despite being worn out from a hard day's labor, our mothers or fathers would grab a belt.

Kennedy kids getting off easy

Let me be clear, there's a big difference between giving a child a "whupping," as black folks call it, and slamming a child up against a wall, stomping a child, or punching a child with your fists. Normal, loving parents know the difference between abuse and a whup
ping.

Abusive parents aren't administering discipline, they are taking their frustrations out on their children.

Today, too many of children -- unfortunately many of them black -- are out of control.

[color=#FF0
000]It is despicable that four black Kennedy High School students are accused of beating a white honors student. The victim suffered a broken jaw and, according to witnesses, was attacked with human waste.[/color]

The alleged attackers are charged with a misdemeanor -- which is light considering the intensity of the attack -- and face expulsion. As part of their punishment, these young men should be on their knees walking through the 'hood like the Guatemalan offenders.

While their elders are
fighting to improve the educational opportunities for young African Americans, these students are making that job harder by feeding the perception that young black males act like animals.

'Afraid' of corporal punishment

Unfortunately, many out-of-control youngsters are being raised by grandparents or foster parents who are hamstrung by laws that make it a crime to put their hands on them.

Marva Smith knows all too well what can happen when a grandparent tries to raise
kids the old-fashioned way.

In 1991, Smith, a former schoolteacher, brought four of her grandchildren back from Mississippi to raise because they were being neglected by their mother. Smith tried to give them structure. But a couple of years after she adopted them, the oldest granddaughter started stealing and running away from home.

"I tried to spank her butt and was accused
of fracturing her arm," said Smith, who denies she broke her granddaughter's arm.

Smith, who acknowledges being strict, said she stopped using corporal punishment. She could do little to stop her other grandchildren from running the streets.

"They want to walk out the door, they don't tell me where they are going. They go to school and treat the teacher wrong, and stay with other kids for a week," Smith said. "I think if I was using corporal punishment, they would be afraid to do those things. Kids don't have to take responsibility for their actions."

The punishment meted out by the Mayan elders in Guatemalan
may seem harsh, but I bet the young thieves won't be breaking into any more schools.

To keep black youngsters from disgracing their families, their communities and themselves, black parents need to return to practicing the same tough love here.

<!--coloro:#3333F
F-->These black bastards aren't too old to be ghetto lobster, Mary Mitchell!

Back