Coon caged for extreme niglet tenderizing

da dog

aka Tyrone N. Butts
23132340_BG1.jpg

Christian McDuffie

Clarksville man charged with breaking infant's bones

A Clarksville man is charged with several counts of child abuse for allegedly breaking six bones of a three-month-old.

Citing a grand jury indictment, The Leaf Chronicle reported Christian McDuffie broke both the infant's upper arms, one lower arm, ribs and a lower leg between May and June of this year.

The 24-year-old is charged with six counts of aggravated child abuse and neglect.

He is being held on $75,000 bail.

vb-toddler-death_20120410192456_640_480.JPG

Good niglet & Jerrell Cortez Edwards

Man found guilty of ex-girlfriend's child's death by Catherine Rogers

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - A Virginia Beach jury found a man guilty of felony charges Thursday after his ex-girlfriend's child died in his care last year.

24-year-old Jerrell Cortez Edwards was found guilty of second degree felony murder and child abuse, according to Macie Pridgen with the Virginia Beach Commonwealth's Attorney's Office.

Pridgen said during a three-day trial, the Commonwealth's evidence proved Edwards injured his girlfriend's son to the point of causing death on April 5 of last year.

The girlfriend, LaQuita Lewis left 2-year-old Jaidan Lewis in Edwards care in military housing at Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek for a few hours while she attended a college class. When she returned, she found Edwards attempting CPR on the boy, who was bleeding from the mouth and unresponsive.

EMS transported Jaidan to Sentara Bayside Hospital where he was pronounced dead within hours.

A medical examination proved the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the abdomen; a ruptured stomach and liver caused the fatality. Other injuries found on Jaidan's body included the following:
•bruises and lacerations to connective tissue in the abdomen
•bruising of the large intestine, pancreas and left lung
•bruising and laceration at the transverse coon
•multiple bruises to the left side of his face and head
•a bruise to the right side of his face
•abrasions to both cheeks, pattern marks consistent with adult fingernail gouging
•bilateral bruised rib muscles
•lacerations to his upper and lower lip
•a rigid and swollen abdomen due to fluid and gasses in the abdomen

Days after his arrest, in a jailhouse interview with WAVY.com, Edwards said he changing Jaidan's diaper when the little boy popped up and cut his mouth on Edwards' watch. He explained he then held Jaidan's mouth under running water in a bathtub several times to rinse off the blood.

"I picked him up to go rinse his mouth out," Edwards told WAVY.com in 2012. "I don't know if I held him under the water too long or what, but honestly I did not mean to hurt him."

Afterwards, Edwards said he put the two-year-old on the couch with a bottle of water to watch TV and went to another room to video chat with an ex-girlfriend. When he returned, he said Jaidan wasn't breathing.

"What the hell happened? I honestly don't know," Edwards told WAVY.com. "I walked in the room and his eyes were (expletive) open with throw up on his chest."

Edwards never admitted to beating Jaidan. He told WAVY.com he was the only adult at home with the boy that night and did not know if he was responsible for his death. He apologized to Jaidan's parents during the interview.

"In here, I know the truth," Edwards told WAVY.com at the jail. "I've prayed and cried since it happened."

When asked what the truth was, Edwards answered, "I did not do it on purpose. If it happened, if I was the one who was the result of that, I did not do it on purpose."

On Thursday, the jury recommended Edwards serve 30 years in prison for the offenses. Circuit Court Judge H. Thomas Padrick will formally sentence Edwards on December 9.

Sawyer,%20Erico_1379625967561_3043043_ver1.0_640_480.JPG

Erico Gerard Sawyer

Toddler critically hurt, father charged by Catherine Rogers

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - A Virginia Beach man was arrested Monday after a 3-year-old was transported to a local hospital in serious condition.

Tonya Borman with the Virginia Beach Police Department said detectives and Child Protective Services responded to Norfolk's Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters Monday around 3:30 p.m. after police learned a toddler there was suffering from life-threatening injuries.

After investigating and conducting interviews, detectives arrested the child's father, 28-year-old Erico Gerard Sawyer, and charged him with one count felony child neglect.

Borman said the child remains in critical condition.

Sawyer is being held at the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond. He was arraigned Thursday, and at a bond hearing Friday, Sawyer received a "no bond" status. His next court date has been scheduled for Sept. 30.

The case is being investigated by the VBPD's Homicide Unit because of the severity of the child's injuries.

23687019_BG1.jpg

Shayaa Yusef Forbes

Father arrested for child abuse following son’s death by Rodney Harris

PAULDING COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA) -
A child has died due to child abuse, according to the Paulding County Sheriff's Office.

Police say they responded to a 911 call for a reported drowning Friday night in Acworth. After arriving, they found a 12-year-old boy unconscious.

The boy was taken to Paulding Wellstar Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Authorities say the child had multiple bruises, bite marks, lacerations, and other marks consistent with physical abuse.

Police say they interviewed, then arrested the kid's farther, Shayaa Yusef Forbes, 32, and charged him with cruelty to children.

Another female child, who also lived in the house, is now with the Department of Family and Children Services.

Story.jpg

Stacey Liddell

Memphis Man Behind Bars For Child Abuse

MEMPHIS, TN (localmemphis.com) - A Memphis man is behind bars for allegedly abusing a two-year-old girl.

He said he was "dancing" with her when she was injured. Dancing on top of her is more likely.

Stacey Liddell is charged with aggravated child abuse and neglect.

According to police, the incident happened back in August.

Liddell was watching the child when she became unresponsive. She was flown to Le Bonheur in critical condition. She had severe hemorrhaging and bruising.

A doctor ruled that the injuries were not accidental.

When questioned, Liddell said he had been "dancing" with the girl when he spun her around and "dipped" her two or three times. He said when he brought her up the last time, she was breathing funny and her eyes had rolled back in her head.

A warrant was issued for Liddell's arrest last month. He was taken into custody Monday.

1387214737000-mccleskeybaldwin.JPG

Cynthia Baldwin-McCleskey (Having a hyphenated last name makes you no more human than wearing human clothes does, my nigger.)

Macon woman gets life in granddaughter's death

A Macon woman was sentenced to life in prison Monday after she admitted causing her granddaughter's death.

Cynthia Baldwin-McCleskey today pleaded guilty to felony murder.

That's according to prosecutor Nancy Malcor.

At the time, investigators said the young girl had been beaten and her grandmother deprived her of food for up to three days at a time.

They said the autopsy found several possible causes
of death, including starvation, dehydration and neglect.

Authorities said Baldwin-McCleskey was Ruth's biological grandmother, but had adopted the child.

barrywilliamsjr.jpg

Barry W. Williams Jr (notice the photo shop job reducing the smile on this nigger's face)

Father Pleads Guilty to Murder Charge
Vid at link

ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (AP) -- A central Kentucky father has pleaded guilty to a charge of murder in the death of his infant daughter.

21-year-old Barry W. Williams Jr. entered the plea Thursday in Hardin Circuit Court.

Elizabethtown police charged Williams after his 6-month-old daughter, Aleyah, was taken to the hospital suffering from bleeding on the brain. The girl died Feb. 26 of a severe head injury.

Williams told police he dropped the child while bathing her, and then shook her to make her stop crying and put her to bed. Sounds legit to me. :rotfl:

The plea deal calls for Williams to serve 20 years in prison. Formal sentencing was set for Jan 21.

24272708_BG1.jpg

Better smile, dat's one happy coon, knowha'm'say'n

Ky. man pleads guilty in connection with 6-month-old's death

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A Kentucky man charged with the murder of his baby girl has pleaded guilty in court.

Barry Williams, Jr., age 21, entered a guilty plea in Hardin Circuit Court yesterday.

Elizabethtown Police arrested Williams after his 6-month-old daughter was taken to the hospital. The baby suffered from bleeding from the brain and later died.

Williams admitted to dropping her while giving her a bath, then shook her to stop the crying.

The plea deal has Williams serving 20 years in prison. Formal sentencing is scheduled later in January.

24445441_BG2.jpg

Keilly Hoyt (good niglet)

24445441_BG1.jpg

Shaketiha Cartwright (bad mammy)

Capital murder trial for Center woman accused of beating baby to death begins by Caleb Beames

CENTER, TX (KTRE) -
During the first day of the capital murder trial for a Center woman accused of beating her 5-month-old baby girl to death in January 2013, the prosecutor presented information from the arrest affidavit which stated the child's body was covered with bruises, and she had multiple broken bones. :)

Shakeitha Cartwright, 30, appeared in Judge Charles Mitchell's 273 Judicial District Court Monday morning. Officers with the Center Police Department arrested Cartwright on Jan. 16, 2013.

According to the affidavit, Center police arrived at the home, located on the 1200 block of Shelbyville Street, and saw Cartwright on the front porch holding 5-month-old Keilly Hoyt. EMS took Keilly to the Center hospital while police spoke to Cartwright.

The affidavit continues stating that Cartwright said she woke up with Keilly at 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. She said she went to check on Keilly at 9:20 a.m., and saw her lying on her stomach in the bassinet.

EMS then called police and said the child had bruising which looked suspicious. An officer arrived at the hospital and saw the baby had a bruised left eye, multiple small puncture marks consistent with bite marks, signs of dehydration, and bruises all over her body. :noway:

The officer reported seeing a large bruised area on the back of the child in the buttock area and wounds on both sides of Keilly's buttocks, as well as bruises on the soles of her feet. :noway:

An X-ray showed Keilly had multiple broken bones, including both femurs, both forearms, both shoulders, and her jaw. :p

At the home, detectives searched the bedroom and found that the bassinet Keilly had been sleeping in appeared to have a vomit stain. The padding had some type of stain on it and was not covered by a fitted sheet. A detective found a fitted sheet in a pile of dirty clothes and saw a red stain on it which matched the stain on the padding. The detective also found several blankets and clothing which appeared to have blood stains. :noway:

Detectives later interviewed Cartwright, who admitted to losing her temper and picking up Keilly and shaking her, according to the affidavit. She also said she had picked Keilly up and forcibly threw her into the child safety seat in the living room, according to the affidavit. She also said she did not know how Keilly suffered the broken arms and legs. She did admit to biting Keilly on the feet, hitting her on the arms, slapping her in the mouth, and squeezing her shoulders together, according to the affidavit.

Officials removed three other children living in Cartwright's home. CPS spokesperson Sherri Pulliam said an 11-year-old girl, 9-year-old girl, and an 18-month-old boy also lived in the home on the 1200 block of Shelbyville Street. Pulliam said there has been no history of abuse reported to CPS before the incident with Keilly. :nya:

Shelby Co. District Attorney Ken Florence opted out of making an opening statement and moved right to the witnesses.

The first witness was the dispatcher that answered the 911 call from the incident, Karren Shields. Florence asked her about Cartwright's demeanor during the initial 911 call.

"She was calm and quiet," Shields said.

The 911 dispatcher recalled the words of, "the child not breathing" being said during the call.

Florence then played the 911 call for the jury.

Cartwright appeared to be calm on the 911 call. Cartwright told responders that she tried to administer CPR. but it did not work.

Defense Attorney Rudy Velasquez asked Shields if she knew Cartwright before the incident. In addition, he asked the 911 dispatcher why she wrote that she had no emotion.

"In my mind, you can hear her emotion when she called, right? Velasquez asked.

"I have heard more emotional calls come in," the dispatcher said.

Velasquez said that Cartwright did what she was supposed to do and call 911 and then asked Shields why she said she had no emotion.

"It was my opinion," Shields said

The next witness called was Veronica Cartwright, a dispatcher with ACE EMS. Veronica Cartwright and Shakeitha are cousins.

Florence asked Veronica Cartwright how Shakeitha sounded on the phone.

"She sounded just like it was a matter of fact that her baby was dead," Veronica said. Ebbybody nose dat niggaz approach niglet training in a very clinical manner.

Velasquez asked Veronica when she last spoke to Shakeitha; Veronica answered saying that the last time she spoke to her was on the 911 call.

Veronica told Velasquez that she did not know her cousin that well because of an age difference.

"She grew up with my children," Veronica said.

Velasquez then asked several questions and made statements claiming the witness could not talk about the emotion of Cartwright since she did not know her well.

Sean Cooper, a paramedic with ACE EMS at the time of the incident, took the stand next. The paramedic said it took him only three minutes to get to the house.

Florence asked Cooper to recall what happened on Jan.13, 2013.

"We got there and she gave me and my partner a blanket and said, ‘Here take it. It is not breathing,'" Cooper said. "I saw the baby in the blanket and it had obvious injuries. The baby's eye was completely swollen shut. I asked what happened and [Cartwright] said that another child hit the the baby in the eye with a toy." I don't want it, you take it, knowha'm'say'n. :p

Cooper went on to say that Cartwright was cold and showed no emotion. Cooper said it was weird because when they arrive on scene and put a child in an ambulance, the parents usually have to be pried away from the vehicle, but Cartwright was nowhere to be found.
That's true, niggers generally chimpout when one of them dies, dey right dere having interviews with TV news reporters weeping and wailing and making a lot of other nigger noises.

Cooper also said that when they got to the hospital they tried to open the baby's mouth to insert a breathing tube, but could not because the jaw was so injured that it could not be opened.

Velasquez asked Cooper if it was possible if Cartwright was not in the area of the ambulance because she might have had to go inside and check on another child. :p

Cooper said it was possible and then tried to continue with another statement before Velasquez cut him off.

Cooper told Velasquez that he was at the hospital for about an hour and admitted that he did not know Cartwright could not drive.

Florence called another of the responding ACE EMS paramedics to the stand as well.

"We were told to first go to the church, Steve Dudley said. "I saw [Cartwright] flagging us down, so I had to back up to the correct place. I got out of the truck and the lady came up to me and said, ‘Here take her, she is not breathing.' I looked down and thought, ‘This is not good.' The baby looked stiff and was bruised and blue." Tenderized to perfection, knowha'm'say'n. :)

Florence asked Dudley about Cartwright's demeanor.

"There was nothing in her voice to make any assumptions," Dudley said.

Velasquez then asked Dudley how far down he drove after he saw Cartwright waving them down.

"We went about 50 feet," Dudley said. She was waving us in to the street. She walked across the yard into the house and brought out something in the blanket," Dudley said.

Dudley continued and said his reaction wasn't good.

After a short break, Sgt. Steve Burkehalter with Center Police took the stand.

"When I got there, me and Officer Blackwell got out of the vehicle. We say the paramedics who told us they had a code, so we blocked the traffic so they could get to the hospital," Burkehalter said. "We stayed on scene. Our concern was that the dispatcher said that the mother showed no emotion during the call. I went over to the mother. I wanted to see what her condition was."

Burkehalter continued by saying that she was calm and that she showed no concern about going to the hospital.

"I remember her on the phone with someone saying, ‘the police are at my house and they took my baby," Burkehalter said. "I asked her to get off of the phone so I could talk to her. She invited me in the home to talk to her. She showed no signs of wanting to go to the hospital."

Burkehalter said that Cartwright showed him the baby's room and where she was sleeping. In addition, the Center Police officer recalled seeing a blood stain where the baby's head would have been.

Burkehalter told Florence that she tried to give CPR and that she called Keilly's father before she called 911.

He also recalled when Cartwright told him why she was not crying.

"'I have no more tears to cry, Cartwright told me. ‘I cried them all last night,'" Burkehalter said. :nya:

Burkehalter said that he helped gather evidence on scene and that the Shelby Co. Sheriff's office also had a deputy on scene.

Velasquez asked Burkehalter what he did before he talked to Cartwright.

"I was helping block traffic," Burkehalter said. "I then went and talked to Cartwright. When the baby's father came into the room, he showed concern."

Velasquez asked Burkehalter if he was assuming by his own experiences the attitude of Cartwright. Velasquez said that she could have been upset but not showing it.

"That is possible," Burkehalter said."I have seen shock before though."

Burkehalter told Velasquez that he never saw Keilly in Cartwright's home.

Velasquez asked Burkehalter what he and Cartwright talked about in the room.

"She told me how she laid the baby on its stomach," Burkehalter said.

Valesquez argued this statement saying that Cartwright never laid the baby on its stomach. Burkehalter then countered by saying, ‘That's not what she told me."

The next witness called to the stand was officer James Blackwell of the Center Police Department.

"When I arrived on scene, I saw an ambulance with a child, I blocked traffic and they headed off," Blackwell said. "I approached the porch, and Burkehalter told me that this was the mother of the child. I stepped away because I received a call from [EMS] that paramedics found severe bruising on the child, so I left and went to the hospital.

Blackwell then said that he went and talked to the parents.

"I talked to them hoping to get the parents to decide to go to the hospital," Blackwell said. "I did not get the response that I thought I would have gotten. They were like, ‘Well I guess we should go.' They did not seem like they were in a hurry to go." And I'm like, "You niggers belong in Afreaka!"

The trial has now recessed for lunch. What's on the lunch menu? I hope it's something tasty. :p

24445441_BG1.jpg

Shaketiha Cartwright

24445441_BG2.jpg

Keilly Hoyt

Capital murder trial for Center woman accused of beating baby to death begins by Caleb Beames

..."I talked to them hoping to get the parents to decide to go to the hospital," Blackwell said. "I did not get the response that I thought I would have gotten. They were like, ‘Well I guess we should go.' They did not seem like they were in a hurry to go."

Blackwell then recalled to Florence when he got to the hospital.

"Keep in mind, I have already been told the baby was dead," Blackwell said. "I checked to see how long the baby was dead. I did a physical inspection on the child. There were several things that caused alarm. There were tiny marks on the finger tips, like rodent bites. The child had signs of dehydration."

Florence asked if he checked more than the front of the baby.

"Yes I did," Blackwell said. "I checked the back also. One of the other injuries I saw was a black eye."

Florence asked for more detailed injuries but Blackwell could not list all of them.

"There were so many injuries, Blackwell said. "I was overwhelmed. I do remember the injury on the buttocks. Anyone who has seen a buttocks, knows it is supposed to be round, but there was a flat spot. There were also skin abrasions." :eek:

Florence continued with the injuries and asked about the arms.

"One of the arms did look abnormal compared to the other arm," Blackwell said. :eek:

Blackwell continued and said that he had the chance to talk to the doctor overseeing this case.

"[The doctor] seemed to be shocked," Blackwell said. "He sat over in the corner, he had his head in his hands. He seemed upset. I asked him for the record if this could be considered as a homicide. He said, ‘without a doubt."

Blackwell said that he collected clothing from the child and everything the child had for evidence.

Blackwell then recalled Cartwright arriving at the hospital.

"She was unusually calm," Blackwell said. "To my knowledge, she never asked to see the baby."

Velasquez asked Blackwell if he told Cartwright that her baby was dead.

"No I did not," Blackwell said.

Velasquez asked if it is possible for Cartwright to be in shock.

"She displayed no signs of shock," Blackwell said.

Blackwell continued by saying if Cartwright was in shock there would be some form of reaction and that he has never seen anyone in shock act the way Cartwright did.

"She did not appear to be in shock at any point," Blackwell said.

Velasquez asked if Blackwell had proof that Cartwright caused the injuries.

"I have no proof of that," Blackwell said. "I never testified to that."

The next witness to take the stand and answer questions was John Welch, a detective for the Center Police Department.

Welch was presented with a phone log from Florence that had calls from Cartwright to other people.

Welch made several calls to a specific person between 7 to 8 a.m. Welch said she called the baby's father around 9:23 a.m. and another person, before calling 9-1-1 at 9:33 a.m. After making several more calls, Cartwright called her dad at 9:55 a.m.

After a lunch recess, Florence asks for Dr. Joseph Bianco to be questioned. Dr, Bianco was on call in the emergency room when Keily entered.

"From what I remember, the patient was discovered by her mother and father as not breathing," Bianco said. " They then called 911 and she was taken to the emergency room."

Florence then asked Dr, Bianco to describe the injuries.

"Looking over the body, the injuries we saw would be hard to resuscitate," Bianco said. "It wasn't until I saw the x-rays that I could verify the bone fractures."

Florence then showed Bianco multiple x-rays of the infant. In one of the x-rays, Bianco was able to point out 6 fractures; one in each femur, one in each leg, and then bones in the arm. Tenderized to perfection!

Bianco agrees with Florence that it is a fair statement that both arms and legs had multiple broken bones. Bianco continued by saying he is not sure about any head fracture since he was only concerned about resuscitation.

Bianco said that based on the baby's temperature of around 88 degrees that the baby had been dead for several hours.

Bianco also said that the baby appeared to be malnourished.

"Based on my grandson's weight that was around that age, this baby wasn't even close to that," Bianco said."

Flourence entered evidence that records from The Shelby County Regional Medical Center said that Keily enter the hospital at 5 pounds, 11 ounces.

"I think that baby went through a tremendous amount of time," Bianco said. "It was over time. It was not just one time. Broken bones of newborns hurt. That was over seven months of torture. I had to drive over 200 miles home, thinking about that."

Bianco said that it is hard to break bones of a newborn because the bones will "give" and they are more flexible. Bianco also said that he wanted to say the Cartwrights' child had a black eye but he could not remember for sure.

Velasquez then asks Bianco if the broken bones caused the death of Keily.

"No sir, Bianco said. "{the baby died] because the heart stopped beating.

Velasquez asked Bianco if he knew that the child was premature, to which Bianco said he was not notified of that.

The next witness called was officer Jeremy Konderla with the Center Police department.

Konderla said he was asked to come and help watch Cartwright and Ellis while police were investigating the scene.

Floernce asked Konderla if Cartwright ever asked about the child.

"None," Konderla said. "Mr. Hoyt did ask me several times about how the baby was doing, but not Ms, Cartwright."

Konderla said that Cartwright cried a little bit but did not seem upset when she found out the baby died.

"I was shocked at the lack of the emotion by Ms. Cartwright," Konderla said. "The father did cry a little more." :cry:

Velasquez asked Konderla if he remembered talking to Cartwright. Konderla said he did not remember talking to her, he just remembered observing her. Velasquez asked that even though Cartwright cried, why would he continue to say Cartwright showed no remorse.

"In my report, I said I have seen people show more emotion over the death of a pet, then she did at that moment," Konderla said.

Center police detective Nicole Faulkner took the stand and testified about evidence that was gathered at the scene.

Faulkner and the jury were shown several photographs. The first was of Keily while she was alive. The second picture was of Keily's bassinet.

Faulkner said she was unsure of what the stain might be that is located in it.

Another picture was of a baby bathtub that was across the room from where the baby slept.

"I noticed there was no fitted sheet on the bassinet and I thought that was strange, so I started looking for areas where clothes might be, and that's when I found it in a bag in the bathtub," Faulkner said.

Faulkner said that both the bassinet and the sheet had a red stain on it as well as a sock from the infant.

Faulkner said as she continued to investigate the home, she found a refrigerator that did not appear to be stocked enough to take care of Cartwright and her four children. Just because a nigger has food stamps doesn't mean that a nigger has somebody willing to cook the food, knowha'm'say'n.

Faulkner would go on to describe photographs from the hospital.

Faulkner said she could see blood on cuts on one foot and on the other she could see signs of dehydration.

Faulkner said that when she saw Cartwright, she told her to go ahead and go to the hospital and she would catch up with her. Faulkner continued by saying that she found it weird that Cartwright would leave the car seat at home instead of taking it with her, just in case the baby would be able to come home.

Faulkner said after the baby died, the baby was transported to SWIFS, The Southwest Institute for Forensic Sciences.

Faulkner then recalled that the father was upset when she told the parents that the baby died.

"Ellis was upset," Faulkner said. " He wanted to know what happened. [Cartwright] just sat there and acted like she wasn't surprised. :p

24458772_BG1.jpg

Shakeitha Cartwright

24458772_BG2.jpg

Keilly Hoyt

Center woman accused of beating baby to death claimed she was unaware of child's injuries by Caleb Beames

CENTER, TX (KTRE) -
During the second of the capital murder trial of a Center woman accused of beating her 5-month-old baby to death, the prosecution played a police video of an interview of Shakeitha Cartwright in which she expressed surprise at the multiple broken bones her child had. Surprise, surprise, surprise!

When investigators told Cartwright, 30, that both of little Keilly Hoyt's arms were broken, she told them, "I never noticed anything."

Shakeitha Cartwright, 30, of Center faces life in prison. Police allege that on Jan.16,2013, Keilly Hoyt died from multiple injuries she suffered from abuse by Cartwright.

According to the affidavit, Center police arrived at the home, located on the 1200 block of Shelbyville Street, and saw Cartwright on the front porch holding 5-month-old Keilly Hoyt. EMS took Keilly to the Center hospital while police spoke to Cartwright.

The affidavit continues stating that Cartwright said she woke up with Keilly at 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. She said she went to check on Keilly at 9:20 a.m., and saw her lying on her stomach in the bassinet.

EMS then called police and said the child had bruising which looked suspicious. An officer arrived at the hospital and saw the baby had a bruised left eye, multiple small puncture marks consistent with bite marks, signs of dehydration, and bruises all over her body.

The officer reported seeing a large bruised area on the back of the child in the buttock area and wounds on both sides of Keilly's buttocks, as well as bruises on the soles of her feet.

An X-ray showed Keilly had multiple broken bones, including both femurs, both forearms, both shoulders, and her jaw.

At the home, detectives searched the bedroom and found that the bassinet Keilly had been sleeping in appeared to have a vomit stain. The padding had some type of stain on it and was not covered by a fitted sheet. A detective found a fitted sheet in a pile of dirty clothes and saw a red stain on it which matched the stain on the padding. The detective also found several blankets and clothing which appeared to have blood stains.

Detectives later interviewed Cartwright, who admitted to losing her temper and picking up Keilly and shaking her, according to the affidavit. She also said she had picked Keilly up and forcibly threw her into the child safety seat in the living room, according to the affidavit. She also said she did not know how Keilly suffered the broken arms and legs. She did admit to biting Keilly on the feet, hitting her on the arms, slapping her in the mouth, and squeezing her shoulders together, according to the affidavit.

Officials removed three other children living in Cartwright's home. CPS spokesperson Sherri Pulliam said an 11-year-old girl, 9-year-old girl, and an 18-month-old boy also lived in the home on the 1200 block of Shelbyville Street. Pulliam said there has been no history of abuse reported to CPS before the incident with Keilly. :nya:

Wednesday's testimony started with the last witness from Tuesday; Detective Nicole Faulkner.

Faulkner agreed with Florence that Cartwright's statement changed over the course of two interviews.

Florence would then start a DVD that contained a 3 and a half hour long interview of her and another investigator with Cartwright.

On the DVD played for the jury, Cartwright would describe the events from the morning the Keilly died.

Cartwright to investigators that she first woke up at 3:40 a.m. Cartwright said that she heard the baby make a grunting noise, but she never actually started crying. Cartwright said that at 4 a.m. the baby would wake up and start crying.

"I fed her and she went back to sleep pretty fast," Cartwright said.

Cartwright continued and said that she woke her three other children at 5:30 a.m. Cartwright said that she usually would wake up Keilly then but decided to let her sleep since she was up a little early.

Cartwright said that by 9 a.m. she hadn't woke up again, so she went to wake her up.

"I got in there and she was on her stomach," Cartwright said. "She was pale and blue." I thought she was black?

Cartwright continued and told investigators that she removed her from the bassinet and took her to the dresser and started CPR.

In the video, the investigators changed the conversation to the day was Keilly was born. Cartwright said that the baby was born premature and weighed just over one pound when she was born. Cartwright said that despite the baby being born early, she thought the baby's health was good. She said Keilly would sleep for about 12 hours a day. Cartwright told investigators that she did not know she was dehydrated.

"I saw the lips were dry, but I didn't think she was dehydrated," Cartwright said.

Later, the investigators asked Cartwright about Keilly's multiple injuries.

Investigators would next ask about the multiple injuries that Keilly suffered.

First they asked about the swollen eye. Cartwright said that she did not notice her eye swollen until that morning.

"It was black this morning," Cartwright said in the video. "Yesterday it was puffy. My daughter said that my [18 month old] son might have hit her."

Continuing, the investigators asked the Cartwright about the small bite marks on Keilly's feet. The baby's mother believed there were rats in the house before they moved in. Cartwright said that she would not be by Keilly and would hear her cry and thought it was strange. :confused:

"I went to go check on her, and I thought I felt a rat run by my feet," Cartwright said in the video. "I didn't see anything."

When talking about the broken shoulder, Cartwright said that she told the baby's father, Ellis Hoyt that she thought something was wrong with the shoulder, but he said nothing was wrong, so she left it alone.

When asked about one broken arm, Cartwright said she didn't think it was broken.

"Maybe it was just me thinking it was messed up, but she would move her hand, so I left it alone," Cartwright said in the video.

Cartwright then said that she thought maybe the injuries to her arms could have happened when she let her oldest daughter change her clothes.

When investigators told Cartwright that both arms were broken, Cartwright seemed surprised by the news. :eek:

"Really?" Cartwright said in the video. "I never noticed anything." :rolleyes:

When investigators told her the arm was severely deformed, Cartwright said that she should have paid more attention to it. When asked about the broken legs, Cartwright said she knew they were swollen, but she didn't think they were broken.

Cartwright continued to be surprised when she was told that the ribs of the baby were broken.

"Her ribs are broke?" Cartwright said. "I had no idea about the ribs being broken." :rolleyes:

Cartwright told investigators that she did drop the baby off of the couch a few weeks earlier, but the baby never cried or seemed to be in pain. :rolleyes:

"I never thought she was hurt," Cartwright said. "I thought it was because she was hungry, so I would feed her. If something happened, then I don't know."

Cartwright would then go on and say it is possible that her youngest son could have hurt Keilly. She said that other than two close friends, no one else watched her child ,and that she knows those people would not have hurt her.

"I could not hurt my kids," Cartwright said. "So I guess someone is lying to me about not hurting her."

During the video, the investigators also asked about an incident with the baby's father.

Cartwright said in the video that on Thanksgiving that she got in an argument with Ellis about something his sister said to her.

"I got mad and stormed out," Cartwright said. " I grabbed a knife on the way out. I did it just to scare him. I wasn't going to do nothing."

Cartwright then answered questions about having Keilly. Cartwright said that she was unexpected.

"Me and Ellis had a talk about abortion, because I was offered this good job, but he talked me out of it, so I had the baby," Cartwright said. :rolleyes:

During the interview, Cartwright stressed that she would never abuse her child.

"I cannot do that," Cartwright said. "I couldn't do that."

The Center Police investigators gradually started asking harder questions. At one point, they said they thought Cartwright was taking out her aggression on the child.

"No I did not do that," Cartwright said.

Faulkner said she thought this was done because Ellis had told her that he was going to move out and stay with his other girlfriend. That's my nigger!

"He's lying," Cartwright said. "I can't believe he is lying. He told me we were going to stay together." :rolleyes: And you believed him.

Later in the interview, Cartwright told the investigators that she knew Keilly was hurt, but she was scared to take her baby to the hospital because she thought she would get reported to the police. In the video, the investigators showed Cartwright multiple photos of Keilly's injuries. However, she continued to say she didn't know what happened.

Cartwright did admit to investigators that she shook Keilly once. :rolleyes:

"I was trying to clean the house," Cartwright said. "The baby was crying and [my son] was complaining in the other ear and I was fed up," Cartwright said. "So I grabbed her and pushed her; telling her to stop crying. I didn't think that I pushed her hard enough to break her ribs."

The investigators told Cartwright that she did not care about Keilly.

"Yes, I do," Cartwright said. "I didn't shake her." :rolleyes:

The investigators asked her about the blood found on the sheets, to which Cartwright said she is not sure how the blood got there but admitted it could have been from Keilly's dried lips.

Investigators continued to question Cartwright about the black eye, broken ribs, two broken legs, two broken arms rat bites on her hands and feet and the dehydration. In the video Cartwright said that she cared for her child, but just didn't care as much as she should have. Personally, I think she did a fine job, knowha'm'say'n.

Cartwright said she was not happy with the living conditions and was looking for a better place to stay for her and the children.

Faulkner told Cartwright that it would have been easier trying to find a house for three kids and not four, to which Cartwright said that is not true and she wanted all four kids.

Investigators asked Cartwright about how she disciplined her children. Cartwright said that she would only use her hands or a belt. Cartwright said that there were times that she thought about spanking baby Keilly.

"There would be times it crossed my mind, but I would leave the room," Cartwright said. "I would say, ‘no, she's a five-month-old."

Cartwright said she felt like the child needed the whooping because she was whining a lot and it was getting on her nerves. You go girl! :clap:

Investigators would then switch the questioning back to the injuries that the baby suffered. Cartwright recalled the burn marks saying that the house was cold and she had a heater on.

"[my youngest boy] was playing with the cord," Cartwright said. "The heater fell and landed by the baby, causing the burns."

Faulkner would bring up the blood in the bassinet, to which Cartwright said that she didn't know where the blood came from. Faulkner asked Cartwright to explain the 10-15 articles that had blood on them.

"I wasn't trying to hide the clothes," Cartwright said. "They were in the bag I call the laundry bag. They needed to be washed."

Faulkner next asked why she did not take the car seat to the hospital with her. Cartwright said her mind was going crazy and she wasn't thinking at that time. Faulkner countered saying she thought that Cartwright left it because she knew Keilly would not be coming home. Cartwright again said she knows what this looks like, but all she was worried about was getting to the hospital.

Cartwright said the only injuries she knew about was the shoulder area, one of the arms and the swollen eye. :confused:

When the investigators asked about the diarrhea, Cartwright said she didn't know it was that bad. Investigators claimed that this wasn't true because the buttocks of the child was so bad. Investigators also asked about the child's genital area being disfigured. Cartwright said it was always like that and she just thought it was like that and never saw a need to go to the hospital to have it checked. That's my nigger!

Cartwright then asked the investigators what was going to happen to her. Cartwright would continue to say she didn't kill her baby.

"Can I have a Bible to put my hand on while I say I didn't [kill my baby]?" Cartwright said. :rolleyes:

Faulkner said that what will happen next is that 12 people will see this interview in court and that they won't believe what she was saying.

"I know they won't," Cartwright said. "But I didn't kill my baby."

Faulkner also told Cartwright she would be going to the penitentiary.

"Why," Cartwright said. "I didn't kill my baby ... the truth is that you want me to kill my baby." :rolleyes:

Towards the end of the interview, Cartwright said, "It's frustrating with [Keilly] whining all of the time. These injuries happened because I was frustrated." Let it be known that went a nigger gets frustrated, there will be hell to pay.

The investigators asked if Cartwright had ever cried that day. Cartwright said she did cry several times that day, to which Faulkner said she didn't believe her.

Later in Wednesday's testimony, defense attorney Rudy Velasquez cross-examined Faulkner. He asked the detective about the interview process, and she said they offered Cartwright food and drink several times, but she declined.

During his cross examination, Velasquez pointed out that Faulkner asked Cartwright what happened 35 times during the course of the police interview. He said, each time, Cartwright said, "I didn't kill my baby." Faulkner agreed with that assessment.

Velasquez argued that it isn't fair to put Cartwright on trial for capital murder because she never changed her story.

At that point, Velasquez pulled out two pairs of diapers - one a premature diaper and one a regular diaper. When the defense attorney asked Faulkner if she could remember which type of diaper Keilly had on, the detective said she couldn't and added that the diaper was full of waste. :eek:

The jury also heard testimony from Sabine County Sheriff's Deputy Kevin Windam about the 3-hour interview he and Faulkner did with Cartwright. At the time, he was working for the Center Police Department.

Windham said after they talked to Cartwright for three hours, they provided her with a written statement. He also said that he explained the possible charges to Cartwright and told her there was no possible way that she didn't know about Keilly's injuries.

"I don't know what happened to her shoulder," Cartwright said in the interview.

In the video, Cartwright told Windham that she couldn't think right then. Windham told her that she needed to remember, so she could give an explanation to a jury.

"You are going to find yourself in a world of stories that you can't get out of and it will make you a liar," Windam said in the video.

Both investigators pointed out that after they interviewed Cartwright for three hours, she did change her story from stating that she didn't cause the injuries to taking the tone that she did cause them. :rolleyes:

In the video, Cartwright continued to try to explain Keilly's injuries. She said she caused the injury by squeezing her shoulder too hard while she was swaddling her and that the arm injury happened when she threw her baby car into the car seat. She could not remember what caused the injury to Keilly's eye.

"I am thinking of anything I might have done, but I can't think of anything," Cartwright said in the video. You go girl!

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/24537907/ivan-isaac-allegedly-broke-toddlers-wrists-arm

Delhi man arrested for abuse of 15-month-old
Posted: Jan 24, 2014 3:48 AM PST

24537907_BG1.jpg

A Delhi Township man was arrested Thursday for allegedly breaking multiple bones of a 15-month-old child.

The child was in the care of Ivan Isaac, 27, when the injuries occurred
at his home on Pedretti Road.

Police say Isaac knowingly broke the toddler's wrists, right arm, clavicle and caused internal bleeding.

In an interview with police, Issac claimed that the child fell out of a crib. Upon examination, doctors at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center determined the injuries consistent with child abuse and not from a fall.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/01/29/charges-mpls-man-severely-assaulted-18-month-old-child/

Charges: Mpls. Man Severely Assaulted 18-Month-Old Child
January 29, 2014 3:15 PM

hussein-osman-birre.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 23-year-old Minneapolis man is in custody after severely assaulting an 18-month-old child and a woman last week,
according to Minneapolis Police.

On the evening of Jan. 25, police officers responded to the report of a domestic assault in progress on the 5700 block of Sander Drive. While responding, officers were notified of a “serious threat” to the toddler at the same location.

When officers arrived, they made contact with a man who resisted officers’ attempts to get into the residence. Once inside, officers located the young girl with severe injuries. The mother of the victim was also located and had also suffered assault injuries.

The young victim was taken to the Hennepin County Medical Center and is currently in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit with facial injuries, a severely fractured skull, bleeding on the brain and a severe brain injury.

The suspect, identified as Hussein Osman Birre, was arrested after the incident. Police say that as Birre was being taken from the home, he said, “She’s an angel. She’s an angel now.”

Birre was taken to the Hennepin County Adult Detention Center and now faces a felony count of first-degree assault and a misdemeanor count of domestic assault.

http://www.enterprisenews.com/article/20140203/NEWS/140209095

Brockton mom held on bail, loses son
Brockton woman is arraigned on charges that she beat her 5-year-old in supermarket

Posted Feb. 3, 2014 @ 10:19 pm

AR-140209095.jpg&MaxW=315&MaxH=315

The state now has custody of a Brockton 5-year-old whose mother is accused of beating him inside a supermarket on Saturday afternoon.

Cayenne Isaksen, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Children and Families, confirmed Monday night that the agency now has custody of the boy.

The child's mother, Marie Lyssa Mars, 42, pleaded not guilty to charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon on a child under 14 and assault and battery, and was ordered held on $5,000 bail after her arraignment Monday in Brockton District Court, court officials said.

She is due back in court on March 3.

Brockton police arrested Mars on Saturday after witnesses told them Mars began beating her son near the checkout line at Shaw's supermarket on Crescent Street. Several customers tried to intervene and asked Mars to stop hitting the child, witnesses told police.

Store surveillance video captured the incident, police said. Attempts to view the video Monday were unsuccessful.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/mo...32/24379738/-/4w02i3/-/index.html?source=wkmg

Cops: Mom made daughter kneel on raw rice, grits for hours
Daughter had other signs of abuse

Published On: Feb 09 2014 06:08:52 PM EST

child-abuse-mother-jpg.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. -

Deputies arrested a 38-year-old Orange County woman after they said she made her daughter, who is a minor, kneel on raw rice and grits for five hours, causing severe cuts to the child's knees.

Investigators took Mequisha Olden to jail Saturday night, charging her with child abuse, after responding to a home her daughter went to to report the alleged abuse.

According to a witness, the child had marks "all over her back and shoulder area," as well. Deputies said those marks included a visible outline of a belt buckle in several places.

Deputies said the mom admitted to using a belt buckle to repeatedly beat the girl, in addition to forcing her to kneel on the rice. She said the "whooping" was in response to the child's bad behavior on the school bus.

The child also told deputies Olden yelled at her and punched her in the forehead as a part of the same beating.

Local 6 uncovered that Olden has been charged for child abuse before. According to court records, in 2000 she pleaded guilty to neglect in a case where she was also charged with aggravated child abuse and battery. She received probation and community service as a result of that case, but the probation has since expired.

http://www.wric.com/story/24745002/chesterfield-police-arrest-man-who-injured-5-month-old-child

Chesterfield Police Arrest Man Who Injured 5-Month-Old Child
Posted: Feb 17, 2014 11:21 AM PST Updated: Feb 17, 2014 11:27 AM PST

24745002_BG1.jpg

CHESTERFIELD (WRIC) - Chesterfield Police have arrested and charged a man who injured his 5-month-old daughter.

Police said Jonathan M. Jenkins, 24, was with the child at his residence in the 6500 block of Woodlake Village Court on Saturday, Feb. 15. The child's mother returned home, discovered the girl's injuries, and attempted to call for help. Jenkins tried to prevent the child's mother from calling 911, striking her in the process.

The mother took the child to a neighbor, where she was able to call police. The child was taken to VCU Medical Center with life-threatening injuries and remains in the hospital.

Jenkins was arrested on Sunday, Feb. 16, and charged with malicious wounding, felony child neglect, domestic assault and preventing someone from calling 911.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/new...-child-abuse-after-6-year-old-to/?partner=RSS

Man arrested for child abuse after 6-year-old girl brought to hospital with black eye

Posted February 21, 2014 at 7:51 a.m.

781369_t160.JPG

Memphis police have arrested a man for allegedly beating a 6-year-old girl with a belt and other items.

Joseph Echols, 35, has been charged with aggravated child abuse. He is being held on $500,000 bond.

According to police, Echols lives with the girl’s mother. Police began investigating after the child was brought to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital with a black eye and other injuries. A doctor discovered injuries on the child’s face, back, buttocks, thighs, stomach and chest. A witness told police that Echols beat her with a belt, a clothes hanger and an extension cord.

Echols has a criminal history that includes arrests for aggravated assault, DUI and patronizing a prostitute.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...-degree-murder-of-2-month-old-son-100446.html

Adou Louis Kouadio charged with attempted second-degree murder of 2-month-old son
February 21, 2014 - 03:31 pm

kouadioadou_296.jpg

(WJLA) - A Montgomery County man is charged with attempted second-degree murder of his two-month-old son.

On Feb. 4, detectives were notified that the victim, Amir Iman-Kouadio, was unresponsive and in critical condition at Children's National Medical Center.

According to medical personnel, Amir had been brought to the hospital not breathing and with no pulse. He was also bleeding from his brain and had rib fractures.

Adou Louis Kouadio, the infant's primary caretaker, could not provide an explanation of the child's injuries to the doctor.

Kouadio, 24, turned himself in on Friday morning and was charged with one count of attempted second-degree murder and two counts of first-degree child abuse. He is being held on $500,000 bond.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9441074

Woman allegedly beats 2-year-old in Palmdale
Friday, February 21, 2014

9441243_600x338.jpg

PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is investigating an apparent beating of a 2-year-old boy in Palmdale.

Deputies said they received a call around 1 p.m. Friday about a woman abusing a child in the area of North 10th Place East and East Palmdale Boulevard. Witnesses said the suspect was kicking the boy and using a belt to assault him.

Detectives responded to the scene and arrested the woman, 27-year-old Michelle Fletcher of Palmdale. The toddler was airlifted to a local hospital to be evaluated. He was listed in good condition Friday evening.

An 8-month-old girl at the scene was taken into protective custody. According to detectives, Fletcher is the mother of the baby girl, but she's not the mother of the 2-year-old boy.

Fletcher was booked on felony charges of assault and child cruelty. Her bail was set at $100,000.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/PO...ar-old-mentally-challenged-son-246889571.html

POLICE: 2 arrested after abusing mentally challenged son
Posted on February 24, 2014 at 3:44 PM

mugshot+vickie+battle+chris+battle.jpg

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) – On Feb. 15, 2014 police said 48-year-old Chris Battle and 47-year-old Vickie Battle abused a mentally challenged 25-year-old man.

The 25-year-old man was visiting his mom and stepfather on Feb. 15 when Chris and Vickie Battle got into a verbal argument that became physical, according to police.

Police said Vickie Battle was upset with her son over his recent behavior. Police said that is when Chris Battle grabbed the victim and threw him against a wall. Chris Battle then took his stepson and tied him to a pole with an extension cord and he proceeded to strike his stepson with a belt on the buttocks at least three times
, according to police.

According to the police report, Vickie Battle also struck the victim with a belt at least two times on the buttocks.

Police said Vickie Battle took her son home, to his full-time caregiver, two days after the incident.

The 25-year-old told his caregiver what happened and was taken to St. Mary and Elizabeth Hospital for treatment of his injuries, police said. The victim had two dislocated shoulders, bruising on his wrists and buttocks and a small cut on this forehead, according to the police report.

At the time of the incident Vickie Battle has guardian the 25-year-old but he lived with a full-time caregiver.

Chris and Vickie Battle are charged with knowingly abusing/neglect of an adult.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9448953

Man, woman accused of beating boy with dog leash, wooden board and cord in NW Harris County

Updated at 05:25 AM 3/1/14

9449740_600x338.jpg

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people face charges for allegedly beating a child with a dog leash, and that's not all.

Both suspects were being process at the Harris County Jail Friday night on charges of injury to a child.

Court records took us to the Wellington Park Apartments in northwest Harris County where we found a woman, who not-so-nicely said we had it all wrong. But that's as much as she would say.

"Y'all don't even know (expletive)," she says. "Y'all trying to exploit people, y'all need to go on."
:rolleyes:

Neighbors tell us an ambulance was called there late Thursday night. Court documents show the child's mother, Ziaca Jackson, and James Johnson, a man who lives with them, are charged with injury to a child.

The allegations are hard to believe. The records say the 12-year-old was beaten with a cord, a wooden board and even a dog leash. He remains in the hospital.

The woman provided no more information.

"Do you know what happened to him? Were you here when he was hurt? Do you want to say anything in their defense?" we asked.

The woman at the apartment complex never told us her relationship to the suspects.

Back