Counselor Raped by Black Inmate Speaks Out

Whitebear

Publisher/Editor-in-chief

0sam.jpg

Scott A. Miller is shown in an undated file photo.

Prisoner shot dead after taking woman hostage

Tuesday, July 13, 2004 Posted: 7:49 AM EDT (1149 GMT)

SMYRNA, Delaware (AP) -- A convicted serial rapist took a woman prison counselor hostage for more than six hours Monday at a state prison before he was killed by a sharpshooter, authorities said.

The sharpshooter, a member of a Corrections Department emergency response team, pulled the trigger after seeing
hat "the hostage was in imminent danger," department spokeswoman Beth Welch said.

It was not clear how many shots were fired in the confrontation in a prison office, according to the spokesw

oman.

The hostage was taken from the prison to a hospital, Welch said. It was not immediately known if she was injured.
n
The inmate, Scott A. Miller, 45, was believed to have a homemade knife when he took the woman hostage in the maximum security area of the Delaware Correctional Center in midmorning, and negotiations continued through late afternoon.

Officials said Miller was sentenced to 699 years for a series of rapes in 1997, in which nine women were assaulted.

The shooting that ended the standoff took place in a counselor's office, Welch said. It was not known if the office was that of the hostage, or how Miller first came in contact with her.

Carl Danberg, assistant to the commissioner of corrections, would not provide details on how the hostage-taking occ
urred.

The facility is the state's main prison and holds about 2,400 inmates.

Too bad he couldn't have been executed in the first place -- this is good example of why life sentences just don't make sense -- these perps have little to lose by taking a hostage.

Originally posted by skyfirezz@Jul 13 2004, 11:25 AM
Too bad he couldn't have been executed in the first place -- this is good example of why life sentences just don't make sense -- these perps have little to lose by taking a hostage.

Hi Skyfirezz,

I agree with you on that!! Execution of n-gger perps is very underutilized in my opinion. Sending groids off to n-gger heaven, aka, prison is a waste of our
money and sends the wrong message to these dark cretins. They fear death, not prison.

Gman

Counselor Raped by Inmate Speaks Out

September 19, 2004, 4:20 AM EDT

WILMINGTON, Del. -- A counselor who was taken hostage and raped by an inmate in July harshly criticized Delaware's Department of Correction, saying it is plagued by mismanagement and inadequate, often incompetent, staffing.

In her first public comments since the attack, Cassandra Arnold lashed out at the governor, the prison warden and the guards on duty when she was seized.

"There are a lot of people&
39;s lives that are in jeopardy," said Arnold, 27, who met with reporters for almost three hours Friday. "Inmates aren't safe and the staff aren't safe."

DOC spokeswoman Gail Stal

lings Minor said the department will not comment until it completes an internal investigation. "
We know she's been through a lot," she said.

Arnold barely survived the harrowing ordeal at the Delaware Correctional Center in Smyrna, which lasted almost seven hours and ended with the shooting death of her attacker, serial rapist Scott Miller, 45.

Arnold said at least three guards were on the scene when Miller grabbed her, but none attempted to overpower him before he barricaded himself in her office.

She also said she was raped after DCC warden Thomas Carroll refused repeated requests to talk to Miller, who wanted to be moved to another prison. Instead, hours into the standoff, Carroll sent a one-sentence note informing Miller that he would have the opportunity
to talk only after Arnold was released.

Enraged by Carroll's response, Miller bound and raped Arnold, saying he had "nothing to lose."

"He asked to talk to the warden
the
whole time, and it never happened, and I was raped," Arnold said as she wept. "I felt abandoned, like no one cared at all."

The final in
sult, she said, was Gov. Ruth Ann Minner's comment after the incident that "in prisons, you almost expect this to happen."

"I am truly insulted by that statement," Arnold said through her tears. "If she knows it was going to be like that, then she promoted understaffing and she promoted an unsafe environment. I was embarrassed that she said that."

Originally posted by Gman@Jul 13 2004, 11:49 AM

Execution of n-gger perps is very underutilized in my opinion.â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡  â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡  They fear death, not prison.â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡ 

Gman

Yes G-man, but having given this very deep consideration, I believe they would fear my therapeutic actions even more.

92148.jpg
Serial rapist Scott A. Miller died doing what he does best.

96893.jpg
Cassie Arnold learns the hard way

I feel bad for this woman but on the other hand she blames the staff, the warden, and even the governor... not a word about the nig who was doing 700 yr sentence for serial rapes and who gave her a taste of what got him locked up. Social workers, sheesh!

This evil savage died an unrepentent sinner while trying to commit murder with his final breath. I wonder what kind of eternity he has reaped? :devil:

I have the feeling that this is the type of woman who would bear this spook's demon spawn if he knocked her up.

Prison counselor sues state over rape
102971.jpg

Before filing the lawsuit, Cassandra Arnold's lawyers sought a settlement with the state.

Suit cites series of security lapses, overworked guards

Security lapses at the state's largest prison, combined with overworked guards and other dangerous conditions, led to the July 12 abduction and rape of a prison counselor by an inmate, her attorneys charged Tuesday after filing a federal civil rights laws
it against the state.

Cassandra Arnold had sought a $3.9 million settlement from the state last month after her attorneys provided Gov. Ruth Ann Minner's office with a draft copy of the law

suit. The state rejected the settlement offer.

The 27-year-old counselor's lawsuit, filed in U.S.
District Court in Wilmington, alleges that conditions at the state prison near Smyrna violated Arnold's right to liberty and a safe work environment. It does not seek a specific amount of damages.

Besides the state and the Department of Correction, the lawsuit named Minner, corrections commissioner Stanley W. Taylor Jr. and several prison employees as defendants.

Minner would not take questions about the lawsuit but issued a statement: "Ms. Arnold underwent a terrible ordeal, and we are doing all we can do to see that a similar situation does not occur in the future. That is why I appointed an independent panel to examine security issues at the Delaware Correctional Center a
s a follow-up to the department's internal investigation, but I cannot comment further on any pending litigation."

A week ago, when Taylor released an internal report that did not r
each
conclusions or place blame for the abduction, Minner named a seven-person panel to conduct an independent review of the report and
prison policies.

Taylor would not comment Tuesday. His office released a statement saying Arnold's "welfare and recovery remain a top concern'' and that officials had improved security at the prison.

The suit said open security doors and other safety lapses, staff shortages, inexperienced and poorly trained guards, and lax oversight contributed to Arnold's seven-hour ordeal after serial rapist Scott A. Miller took her hostage. The standoff ended when a rescuer hiding in the ceiling shot Miller to death as he tried to stab Arnold with a homemade shank.

Serving 699 years

Miller, who was serving a 699-year sentence, ha
d been allowed to pass alone through two security doors to reach an office area where he hid in a bathroom and abducted Arnold.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/030505_nw_inmaterape.html

Managers Blamed for Inmate's Rape

March 5, 2005 --A recent independent report says management problems and security failures played a role in last July's abduction and rape of a counselor at the Delaware Correctional Center.

The Washington-based National Institute of Corrections concluded that corrections staff used outdated security protocols and ineffective communication, which led in part to an inmate attacking prison counselor Cassandra Arnold.

The stand-off ended when a sniper shot and killed serial rapist Scott Miller, who held Arnold at knife-point.

A recent report by Governor Ruth Ann Minner's task force also blamed the incident on management and called for an overhaul of security measures.
<

br>Corrections officials said they'd create a master list of
recommendations based on both reports and implement as many as possible.

SMYRNA, Delaware (AP) -- A convicted serial rapist took a woman prison counselor hostage for more than six hours Monday at a state prison before he was killed by a sharpshooter, authorities said.

Reference: Nigger rapist in prison trys to rape guard, 1 pt

Wake up America and smell the nigger.

T.N.B.

sm9ys.jpg

Inmate Scott A. Miller, shown in this police mug shot,
held prisoner counselor Cassandra Arnold hostage.
He also raped her before he was killed.

ca16qo.jpg

Cassandra Arnold was held hostage and raped
for almost seven hours.

Ex-prison counselor settles suit for $1.65M
Woman raped by inmate sued, saying security lapses led to attack

By SEAN O'SULLIVAN
The News Journal
12/02/2005
A prison counselor who was taken hostage by an inmate and sexually assaulted has agreed to drop her federal lawsuit against corrections officials and Gov. Ruth Ann Minner in exchange for a $

1.65 million settlement.

Although a stipulation to end Cassandra Arnold's lawsuit has not formally been entered in U.S. District Court in Wilmington, both
sides confirmed the settlement and the amount Thursday. Arnold has ended her employment with the state Department of Correction, her lawyer said.

The 28-year-old had been on leave, receiving workers compensation benefits, since she was attacked by inmate Scott A. Miller in 2004 and held hostage for seven hours. The standoff, during which Miller held Arnold in an office in the Delaware Correctional Center near Smyrna, ended with a corrections officer shooting the inmate to death.

Arnold filed her lawsuit in October 2004, alleging security lapses, overworked guards and other dangerous conditions created a situation that threatened her right to liberty and a safe work environment. A month earlier, state officials rejected a $3.9 million settlement offer from Arnold's attorneys.

On Thursday, Arnold's attorney
, Je
ffre
y K. Martin, said his client was pleased with the resolution and is glad to get the legal battle behind her.

He said Arnold is still under doctor's orders not to work, an
d she is undergoing therapy and has been taking classes at Delaware State University.

Delaware officials confirmed the amount of the settlement but would not comment beyond a two-sentence statement by the state Attorney General's Office: "The legal action brought by Cassandra Arnold against the Department of Correction and others has been amicably resolved to the satisfaction of the parties. The state and Ms. Arnold are pleased to have resolved this aspect of the events of July 12, 2004."

Martin said he generally does not file papers to drop a lawsuit until after his client receives the settlement funds. That happened last week, he said. A joint stipulation to formally close the matter will probably be filed next week, he said.

'Put the whole ordeal behind her'

Arnol
d decide
d to set
tle the case, rather than take it to trial, because it could have taken years to resolve, especially if appeals were filed, Martin said.

In addition, Martin said his client was not looking forward to rel
iving the events of July 2004 in a courtroom. Depositions and trial testimony would "evoke terrible memories of what occurred," and having the burden of litigation hanging over her head is "not therapeutic," Martin said. "She is trying desperately to put the whole ordeal behind her by way of therapy."

Martin said the terms of the written agreement between Arnold and the state are confidential and he could not say whether she was offered an apology or whether the state admitted any wrongdoing.

"It is my experience that no entity that settles a case and pays money will ever admit liability or responsibility," he said.

Martin said Arnold also decided to settle because she believes her case already has succeeded in calling
attention to
a dangerous
situation in the prisons.

"She does not want anything close to this to happen to anyone else," Martin said. "We feel it has gotten enough attention ... [and] that changes have been made and will continue to be made. The public has been made aware th
rough extensive coverage by the media as well."

Martin said Arnold would not comment about the settlement.

Lawyer calls her courageous

He said many details of Arnold's ordeal have not yet been reported.

"To me it is an extraordinary story of courage on her part. She tried to defend herself and tried to take control of the situation," he said.

When the story is told, he said, it will show Arnold "is a survivor."

"She does not want to be considered a victim," he said.

According to earlier accounts, after attending a Less Stress group session conducted by Arnold, inmate Miller slipped through two security doors to reach an offi
ce area in the p
rison, where he
hid in a bathroom.

Arnold later went into the bathroom, at about 10:30 a.m., and was attacked by Miller, a serial rapist serving a 699-year sentence.

Miller, who had a homemade metal knife, grabbed her by the neck, threw her against a wall and then dragged her past co-workers to an office and barricaded the door.

Marti
n said Arnold tried to reason with her attacker and at several points calmed him down by talking about family and other issues.

But Miller ultimately tied Arnold's hands, and after five hours of a standoff with prison guards, raped her, saying, "I don't have anything to lose."

Arnold's ordeal ended after about seven hours, when a corrections officer, who had crawled into the ceiling of the room, shot Miller.

"He died on top of her, while he was trying one last effort to stab her with a shank," Martin said. "She was able to untie her hands from behind her back. She was able to fen
d off that final blo
w."

Eff
ects on state

The attack on Arnold became part of the 2004 gubernatorial campaign, when Republican candidate Bill Lee highlighted the incident and Minner's response -- printed in a newspaper article -- that in prisons, "You almost expect this to happen."

Minner's office later said the quote was taken out of context.

A state task force, investigating the attack, found that
security policies at the prison were outdated and frequently violated. Task force members also cited staffing shortages as a major problem.

Prison officials said they have implemented recommendations made by the task force, and pay has since been increased for corrections officers.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dl...20352/-1/NEWS01

I am smelling NIGGER COMPLIANCE in this...

...that a NIGGER or NIGGERS allowed this NIGGER to pass through to get to this White woman or possibly a White Woman employee...but have my doubts on that.

Passed through TWO different "doors"...coincidence...hmmmm...I smell NIGGERS...

Lastly...I would have figured out a way to shoot this NIGGER way before 6 hours...and in a way...this incident AGAIN shows how little the life of a WHITE WOMAN is worth in the site of NIGGERS and the JEWVERNMENT of the United States...NOTHING AT ALL!

What could she possibly be counseling that nigger about? The nigger was going to be in jail for life. What was the point? And how affective could the counseling be? At best these nigger attending counseling just so the can look at live White woman.

Seems to me the sharpshooter's counseling was 100% effective at only a fraction of the cost.

:Cheers: I agree 100 % Svejk... "bullseye"...

The only good nigger to counsel is a dead nigger" :guns: :afro:

Back