Dirty Bird Spooned

William of the White Hand

Junior News Editor

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/8156368.htm

Macon rap star convicted on drug, weapon charges

By Sharon E. Crawford

Telegraph Staff Writer
A Macon rapper and local celebrity faces at least 10 years in federal prison after he was convicted Wednesday on drug and weapon charges.

It took a jury less than an hour to convict 30-year-old Sonny Spoon, whose real name is James E. Maxwell, in federal court in Macon on charges of possession of crack cocaine, marijuana and Ecstasy with the intent to distribute and possession of a weapon during the commission of a drug offense.
Spoon, who
will be sentenced in May, could be sentenced to life in prison and a $3.5 million fine. He was taken into federal custody after the verdict was read.

Spoon performed regularly in local rap music

cir
cles and is best known for his song "Dirty Bird," about
the end zone dance made famous by former Atlanta Falcon running back Jamal Anderson. According to an earlier Telegraph article, the story of Spoon's arrest made news in New York, Boston, the San Francisco Bay area and Berlin, Germany.

I found a Sonny Spoon Photo Gallery

images

and
SonnySpoon-Hustler.jpg

Album Reviews ‚» Sonny Spoon "Hustler"

Thanks for the links Whitebear. Here's what the review said:

Now i asked my boy in Atlanta if he knew anything about Sonny Spoon, and he told me Sonny Spoon was a gospel rapper who had a Sunday morning gospel show on 97.5 radio in Atlanta. There are a few tracks on the album which talk about religion and praying and sh*t but no more than any other artist would put slow, mellow, often last song tracks which deal with those subjects.

The first track on the album is called "Guiding Light", but it aint no praying session. The song is alright for the most part. Most of the songs which talk about religion are basically just the typical positive songs, like tell
n people to keep their life on course and not f*ck around with drugs, crime and in this case "the voices in your head" as Sonny Spoon puts it.

If i gave you the impression in the first part

of
this review that Sonny Spoon was up on s
ome religious sh*t, it aint right. This is a good, original album and deserves to be taken seriously. The tracks which deal with religious subjects are just the positive tracks on the album, and while not always good tracks should not be held against the artist. I reccomend yall pick up this album cause its one of the best, if not the best Atlanta album to drop this year

Not to worry. The kikenvermin record company will find another scumbag spearchucker to replace him. It'll take them all of five minutes.

2361770_BG1.gif

Georgia Rapper Gets 13 Years on Drug Conviction

ATLANTA (AP) -- A Georgia rapper best known for a hit song based on the Atlanta Falcons is facing more than 13 years in federal prison on drug and weapons charges.

James E- Maxwell -- who performed as Sonny Spoon -- was sentenced in federal court today on charges of possession of crack cocaine, marijuana and ecstasy with the intent to distribute.

He was also sentenced on charges he possessed a weapon during the commission
f a drug offense.

Maxwell -- 30 -- of Macon, was a regionally popular performer whose albums included "Young & Restless" and "The Arrival."

He was best known for the sin

gle "Dirty Bird." The song was based on the endzone celebration performed by members of the Atlanta Falcons during their
1998 Super Bowl season.

Maxwell was arrested last October after Macon police spotted him leaving a known drug house. During a traffic stop, officers found a loaded 9-millimeter handgun and 6-thousand-600 dollars worth of drugs in his vehicle.

U-S District Judge Duross Fitzpatrick sentenced Maxwell to 97 months on each of two drug charges, to be served at the same time. He added an additional five years on the gun charge.

Whiggers who buy â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡©rap music are aiding and abetting negritude!

T.N.B.

Back