VIDEO of Lubna Hussein at site-

http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/3400883/detail.html

Woman Suing City Over Poo
Rules
Hussein Says She Shouldn't Have To Wear Swim Suit

POSTED: 4:15 p.m. CDT June 9, 2004
UPDATED: 4:48 p.m. CDT June 9, 2004

OMAHA, Neb. -- A Muslim woman and the American Civil L
iberties Union are suing the city of Omaha over rules that say she can't wear street clothes at city pools. The complaint was filed Wednesday.
Video

Lubna Hussein alleges religious and civil rights violations, saying the city discriminated against her at Deer Ridge swimming pool. She was turned away twice. Hussein's religion does not allow her to wear a bathing suit, a
nd city rules do not permit anyone into public pools without one.

"I paid attention," Hussein said. "I looked around and I saw people wearing pants and shirts and they entered."

She wore jeans, a long sleeve T-shirt and her headscarf. She said she planned to watch her children from the pool deck.

"I'm not going to swim. I just sit like other people and watch my ki
ds," Hussein said.

In asking her to leave, the pool employees gave her the option of watching her children from outside the fence.

"I felt insulted," Hussein said.
"It's my right to let my kids have fun like other people."

"First of all, we disagree with their allegations," said Omaha city attorney Paul Kratz. "And secondly, we have changed the policy, so it should satisfy any complaints."

Kratz says the purpose of the rule is to prevent city pools from becoming a social gathering place, and because the state health department recommends swimsuits should be worn by anyone near a pool.

Kratz said
Omaha pools now make an exception for those who need to wear special clothing for medical or religious reasons. He said the policy came about in response to Hussein's incident. Kratz said the previous rules were applied to everyone the same.

Hussein and the ACLU say the rules weren't consistent, and t
hey're ready to fight it.

"This is not right because I'm a human being," Hussein said.

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/822012.html
She says, "They told me I can watch the kids outside the fence. I felt humiliated."

Her daughter Basma Hussein says, "The pool we were going to had slides and it looked very fun. And they wouldn't let my mom in because she had the scarf on. I felt sad and I felt that wasn't fair for my mom and me."

...Hussein's rights were violated.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>They are, nevertheless, still seeking damages for the alleged embarrassment

and humiliation they claim that Mrs. Hussein and her children suffered</span>.

Back