It's Flying Niglet Season Again: Turdler Dies After Fall From Fifth Story Window

https://nypost.com/2018/09/30/man-who-threw-brother-from-roof-had-history-of-mental-illness-mom/

Man who threw brother from roof had history of mental illness: mom
By Kevin Sheehan and Max Jaeger
September 30, 2018 | 3:54pm

shawn-smith.jpeg

The schizophrenic Brooklyn man who went off his meds and fatally tossed his 4-year-old brother off the roof of their apartment building Saturday spent the evening before laughing maniacally for no apparent reason, according the siblings’ grieving mom, who said her slain tot was a “joy” to everyone he met.

A tearful Odessa Frith recounted Sunday how — just hours before her eldest son Shawn Smith, 20, tossed her youngest boy Shimron off the roof of their seven-story apartment building — Shawn was creepily and inexplicably cackling to himself in the family living room.

“I don’t even want to mention him now,” she said at first of her 20-year-old killer son when reporters spoke with her inside her Midwood home.

But then she worked up the courage to continue.

“The night before, [Shawn] was sitting in this chair. He was laughing and laughing. Usually, he was a quiet person,” the mom said.

Around 3 a.m. Saturday, Shawn brought Shimron up to the roof of their Nostrand Avenue building and threw him off the side — then proceeded to brag to cops that “I killed my brother.”

The grieving mother of six, who moved here from Guyana in December, trembled and held her hands in her head as she tearfully eulogized her dead baby boy.

“My baby Shimron was just a joy,” she sobbed. “He touched everyone’s heart. Everyone he met loved him. He was a joy.”

Her next youngest son, who is 5, is having trouble comprehending what happened, the mom said.

“He doesn’t understand. He wants to know when Shimron is coming home,” she said.

Police said Shawn has no criminal record, but his mother described a history of mental problems.

Shawn threatened to kill himself on the same roof in April, and he was hospitalized for three weeks following a mental-health episode in July, the mom said. He went off his prescribed medication just a few days before killing Shimron, she said.

Shawn was awaiting arraignment on murder charges in Brooklyn on Sunday.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/02/girl-who-fell-out-of-window-is-going-to-survive/

Girl who fell out of window in Harlem is going to survive
By Tina Moore
October 2, 2018 | 4:17pm

girl-falls-harlem-feature.jpg

Police inside the building in Harlem where a little girl fell out of a window. John Roca

The 9-year-old Harlem girl who tumbled out a sixth-floor window is in critical condition but should pull through, her mom said Tuesday — as it surfaced that the child was home alone and had been warned by her mother to stay away from the air conditioner minutes before the accident, police sources said.

“By the grace of God, she’s alive,” said Iesha Punter, whose daughter. Kianna, is recuperating in Harlem Hospital. “I’m just gonna keep praying.

“She’s pulling through.”

Iesha declined to detail Kianna’s injuries other than to say she is in critical condition, adding, “I’m just worried about my daughter’s health.”

Kianna was home alone at the St. Nicholas Houses on West 129th Street near Frederick Douglass Boulevard when she fell out of the window at around 5:30 p.m. and landed on a second-story roof landing, police said.

According to cops, the window’s air conditioner fell out first, and when the child was looking down from the window, she fell, too. :p

She told authorities that she did not know how she managed she fall out of the window, sources said.

Neighbors said the girl could be heard screaming, “Hep me! Hep me!” after the fall.

Emergency responders then rushed the “conscious and alert” girl to Harlem Hospital.

Sources say the mother and father of the victim and her siblings have an open case with the city Administration for Children’s Services involving domestic-violence incidents in front of the children.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/01/girl-falls-out-of-sixth-floor-window-in-harlem/

Young girl miraculously survives fall from sixth-floor window in Harlem
By Joe Marino and Tina Moore
October 1, 2018 | 7:57pm | Updated October 2, 2018 | 12:15am

harlem-fall.jpg

A young girl fell out of a sixth-story window in Harlem and miraculously lived when she landed on soft roofing jutting out above her building’s first floor, cops said.

The unidentified 9-year-old was rushed from the Saint Nicholas Houses on Frederick Douglas Boulevard to Harlem Hospital “conscious and alert” following the approximately 5:30 p.m. fall, the NYPD said.

The young girl’s fall was broken by the roof of a childcare center, located on the ground floor at the back of the building, neighbors said.

“She was screaming ‘help me!’ when she landed,” said Latifa Shakour, 27, who lives one building over.

Neighbor Malika Wiggins, 24, who was sitting in the courtyard when the girl fell, said she heard “a loud boom” and the girl screeching, “somebody help, somebody help.’”

The girl’s frantic mother ran over from down the street and told cops her daughter had been sitting on the A/C unit when she fell, Wiggins said.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stori...lling-16-floors-from-residence-hall/847091839

Duquesne University football player dies after falling 16 floors from residence hall

Updated: Oct 5, 2018 - 11:31 AM

Marquis%20Brown%20_1538748758295.jpg_13237152_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

PITTSBURGH - A Duquesne University football player died after he fell from a 16th floor window of a residence hall on Duquesne University’s campus
Thursday night, officials said.

Pittsburgh police were called about 10:30 p.m. to Brottier Hall, where campus police had responded for an altercation:bongo: on the 16th floor.

As campus police were on scene, the man fell out of a window:rolleyes:, police said.

Duquesne University President Ken Gormley identified the man as Marquis Brown, a junior in the McAnulty College of Liberal Arts. He was from Washington, D.C.

Students on campus tell me student athlete #MarquisBrown’s death is even more tragic because the #DuquesneUniversity homecoming football game is scheduled for tomorrow. @WPXI pic.twitter.com/vePMn1u6qI — Mike Holden (@WPXIMikeHolden) October 5, 2018

Brown was taken to UPMC Mercy Hospital in critical condition and was later pronounced dead.

Damn, that's a big niglet. :p

https://nypost.com/2018/10/07/girl-recovering-after-falling-out-of-second-floor-window/

Bronx girl recovering after falling out of second-floor window
By Allie Griffin, Shari Logan and Max Jaeger
October 7, 2018 | 7:09pm

kaddijatou-darboe.jpg

A Bronx 3-year-old is lucky to be alive and recovering at a hospital after falling out of her apartment window, her relieved dad said.

Kaddijatou Darboe climbed through the window and fell from the second-story of her family’s Sherif S. Byrd Place apartment Saturday night after moving a vinyl flap that held a window-unit air-conditioner in place, according to dad Sajor Darboe.

“It was screwed in. I don’t know how she did that. She is so fast,” said the dad, who has had to take care of his four children by himself since his wife died of cancer of the liver in May.

“I was fixing the food for them to go to the babysitter. When I came to the living room, I don’t see her so I said where’s Kaddija? Then I see the opening in the window and I ran outside,” he told The Post.

Neighbor Cynthia Olivia says she comforted the ailing child until Sajor arrived.

“I heard her fall. I was in my kitchen and I heard a thump and a man said there was a child on the ground,” she told The Post.

Sajor says when he got outside he could hear his daughter “crying and saying ‘Daddy, Daddy, Daddy.’”

The girl was taken to Lincoln Hospital for a leg injury and then moved to Columbia Presbyterian, where she has been under anesthesia while doctors conduct brain scans and other tests.

“The doctors and nurses said she is fine but they are waiting the final results of the different tests,” the dad said. “I’m very sad, but I’m very thankful to God for keeping her.”

Sajor’s wife passed away in May, and he must care for Kaddijatou, the girl’s 6-year-old sister and twin infants who will be 2 years old in December, he said.

The 3-year-old is a handful, according to Abdul Ali, 30, who has been living with Sajor for the last month.

“She’s very hard to control with three other kids :mad:,” he told The Post. “It’s very difficult for [Sajor]. I’m not blaming the child but I’ve been living with him and she’s hard to control. If you move her from here to there. She goes back. You tell her to stop and she doesn’t listen.

“I don’t want to blame [Sajor] that much because it’s difficult sometimes.”

Police are still investigating the fall, according to officials.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/11/schizo-man-i-threw-brother-off-roof-because-he-was-the-lightest/

Schizo man: I threw brother off roof because ‘he was the lightest’
October 11, 2018 | 10:10pm

The schizophrenic Brooklyn man charged with killing his 4-year-old brother by dropping him off a seven-story building told cops he selected the sibling because he was the “lightest” fambly member :p, according to newly unsealed court documents.

“I thought that God would make the world a better place,” Shawn Smith, 20, explained when asked why he killed sibling Shimron at their family’s Midwood apartment building last month.

Smith said he chose the tot because “he was the lightest, and he was in the easiest position.”

There were three other kids in the apartment, including a 5-year-old.

Smith was arraigned Thursday on charges of first-degree murder. Attorney Jonathan Strauss pleaded “not guilty” on his behalf.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/15/toddler-in-critical-condition-after-falling-from-bedroom-window/

Toddler in critical condition after tumbling out of bedroom window
By Tina Moore, Sydney Denmark and Gabrielle Fonrouge
November 15, 2018 | 2:26pm | Updated November 15, 2018 | 3:28pm

181115-toddler-window-accident-feature.jpg

A 2-year-old boy is clinging to life after falling out his bedroom window in the Bronx, police said Thursday.

The toddler was in his room at the Rochambeau Avenue home in the borough’s Norwood section around 5:15 p.m. Wednesday when an electric heater started to smoke and his mom opened a window to let fresh air in, police said.

A short time later, the boy’s 12-year-old sister came in to check on him and saw him lying on top of the window on his stomach and then falling out two stories to the ground below, police sources said.

“This is a horrible thing,” the boy’s father told The Post, wiping tears from his eyes.

The mother dashed downstairs to pick him up and he was rushed to Montefiore Clinic and then to St. Barnabas Hospital in critical condition with severe head trauma and a skull fracture, police and law enforcement sources said.

He was then taken to New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center for surgery.

Police said no arrests have been made as they continue their investigation.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/09/4-year-old-falls-to-her-death-from-bronx-apartment-window/

Four-year-old falls to her death from Bronx apartment window
By Amanda Woods
February 9, 2019 | 10:45pm | Updated

190209-bronx-girl.jpg

Police on the scene where a 4-year-old girl died after falling from an apartment window in the Bronx. John Roca

A 4-year old girl died Saturday when she fell from a window in her family’s fourth-floor Bronx apartment.

She had been with two relatives in the Mott Haven apartment when tragedy struck at 4:55 p.m.

The youngster went into another room where she climbed to the top half of an open window and lost her balance.

The girl, identified by police as Helena Flores, toppled to the ground outside 685 East 140 Street.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/10/four-...eath-had-birthday-party-planned-for-next-day/

Four-year-old who fell to her death had birthday party planned for next day
By Ruth Weissmann
February 10, 2019 | 5:51pm

helena-flores-bronx-apartment.jpg

The Bronx apartment building where Helena Flores feel to her death
Richard Harbus for New York Post

The little girl who plummeted to her death from the window of her family’s Bronx apartment had just turned 4-years-old — and was supposed to have a birthday party Sunday, her heartbroken mom said.

Helena Flores celebrated her birthday on Feb. 5, and was looking forward to a Peppa Pig-themed party — her favorite — when tragedy struck just before 5 p.m. Saturday, mom Hilda Flores told The Post via Facebook.

“Because the kids room was so small and had two radiators in it :rolleyes:, we would sometimes leave the kids top window open just about two inches,” Flores wrote. “Our beloved 4 year old Helena found a way to [climb] up, open the window wider and tragically fell out our 4th floor apartment [sic].”

The tot tumbled to East 140th Street below, and was pronounced dead at Lincoln Hospital.

“She was our little diva our little princess. A small happy innocent child,” Flores wrote. “We are devastated. Our little girl is gone.”

Flores — who said that her daughter “had autism and was unaware of [the] danger” — said that she and her family can only take solace in knowing that Helena died quickly.

“We was told she died on impact,” she wrote. “Although no amount of words could console my family and I, knowing she didn’t suffer gives an inch of peace.”

Police are investigating the death, but have not charged anyone.

Flores insisted that her family took great care to keep the Mott Haven apartment safe for Helena.

“We childproof the whole house, we made all of our children feel safe and loved,” she wrote. “One mistake changed all of this in a split second.”

She also urged other families to learn from their loss: “Hold on to your children cause accidents like this can happen to anyone, at any moment.”

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...-window-in-north-philadelphia/#comment-382322

Child Hospitalized After Falling Out Of Window In North Philadelphia

March 6, 2019 at 4:35 pm

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A child has been hospitalized after falling out of a window in North Philadelphia on Wednesday afternoon. It happened on the 1500 block of North Bouvier Street around 1 p.m.

The child was transported to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children.

It’s not known how the child fell out of the window or the extent of the injuries.

The child’s age is not known.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...Falls-Dies-Apartment-Building--507388121.html

5-Year-Old Girl Dies After Falling Out of Apartment Building in Allentown
The 5-year-old girl fell out of a 4-story window at the Livingston Apartments on the 1400 block of West Hamilton Street around 7p.m. Tuesday.
By David Chang
Published Mar 19, 2019 at 10:53 PM | Updated 12 minutes ago

Loved ones are mourning a 5-year-old girl who died after falling out of an apartment building in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

The girl, identified by the Lehigh County Coroner's Office as Ahnelly Grace Rivera, fell out of a window on the fourth floor of the Livingston Apartments on the 1400 block of West Hamilton Street around 6:40 p.m. Tuesday. Rivera was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital and then transferred to Lehigh Valley Cedar Crest where she died from her injuries.

The coroner determined Rivera died from blunt force trauma due to the fall from her apartment. The manner of death was ruled accidental.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/19/6-year-old-boy-hospitalized-after-falling-from-apartment-window/

6-year-old boy hospitalized after falling from apartment window
By Richard Harbus and Kenneth Garger
April 19, 2019 | 10:45pm

bronx-fall.jpg

The third-floor window the boy fell out of. Richard Harbus

A six-year-old boy was hospitalized Friday night after falling from the third-floor window of his Bronx apartment building as his father was installing an air conditioner, police said.

The window screen and guard had been temporarily removed when the child tumbled from the Bailey Avenue apartment in Kingsbridge about 7:10 p.m., cops said.

He landed on a mulch-covered garden, cops said.

Witnesses said the boy was crying following the fall. :rolleyes:

The youngster was taken to a nearby hospital in stable condition, police said, adding the incident appears to be an accident.

Building superintendent, Samuel Flores, 54, said the boy’s mom looked distressed following the incident.

As she hailed a cab to the Hospital, Flores said, “She looked nervous. She looked very, very nervous.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/20/neighbors-recall-horrifying-moment-young-bronx-boy-fell-from-window/

Neighbors recall horrifying moment young Bronx boy fell from window
By Sydney Denmark and Stephanie Pagones
April 20, 2019 | 9:01pm

window-fall.jpg

The third-story window that Noel Cruz fell from. Tomas E. Gaston

The autistic boy who plummeted from a third-story window in his Bronx home continued to recover Saturday, as neighbors recalled the terrifying moments of uncertainty after the child fell.

Noel Cruz, who is non-verbal, slipped out of the window of his family’s Bailey Avenue home in Kingsbridge Heights around 7:10 p.m. Friday as his father was installing an air conditioner unit, neighbors and police said.

“I heard that siren—I looked out the window and I saw it was a boy,” recalled 35-year-old Ilda Perez, who works as a caretaker for the Cruz family’s neighbor.

“When I looked out the window the ambulance was already there. I just heard him crying.”

Noel — who is described by a different neighbor as a “rambunctious” boy who “likes to go outside” :rolleyes: was rushed to NewYork-Presbyterian in stable condition, police and sources said. He remained there Saturday.

“He’s a very hyper kid—when he sees the outdoors it’s like heaven to him— so I guess when he saw outside…,” neighbor Rafael Valera, 54, veered off. “His head was bleeding.”

He added: “I was very worried until I saw him moving. Thankfully he’s alive. That’s all I can say.”

Police confirmed the incident appeared to be an accident.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/05/04/minneapolis-apartment-building-fall-whittier/

Prayer Service, Fundraiser Held For Boys Who Fell From Apartment Building
May 4, 2019 at 9:12 pm

6AC2291C10B54902927BA62A66DD202C.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A fall that left one boy dead and another seriously hurt in Minneapolis drew hundreds Saturday to remember and pray.

“The fact that you are all here on such short notice is a testament to the spirit of not only Whittier but the Twin Cities as a whole,” said Kaley Brown of the Whittier Alliance.

Tragedy struck Thursday as 2-year-old Abdiqani and his 1-year-old brother fell five stories from their apartment building. Family and friends say the brothers were playing on their porch :rolleyes:and fell to a rooftop landing beside it before falling from the building.

“I can feel the pain. I don’t need the father or the mother or anyone to explain to me how that feels,” said Osman Ahmed, a spokesperson for the family.

RELATED: Family: Children Who Fell From Apartment Building Were ‘Full Of Smiles’

As Abdiqani was buried Saturday, his little brother is still recovering in the hospital. A family friend says his injuries include three broken ribs, a fractured skull, broken arm and jaw.

Authorities are still investigating the cause of the fall. The building is in good standing with the city.

https://qctimes.com/news/local/crim...cle_910056e4-2528-570a-9170-c5ee4ba2ddde.html

Davenport man and woman arrested after 2 children fall from house window
May 15, 2019

5cdc87e8f077e.image.jpg
5cdc87e939bc4.image.jpg

An investigation into two small children who fell out of a second-story window has led to the arrest of a Davenport man and woman.

Daria Imani Marion, 24, and Desmond Mardell Grasker, 26
, were booked into the Scott County Jail late Wednesday morning on charges of neglect or abandonment of a dependent person, possession with intent to deliver marijuana and failure to affix drug stamp.

Davenport police opened an investigation on May 6 after two small children fell out of a second-story bedroom window at Marion and Grasker's home in the 1500 block of West 8th Street, according to arrest affidavits released Wednesday.

One of the children, a 3-year-old girl, suffered a broken femur and a concussion. The second child, 2, had bumps and bruises.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/27/queens-toddler-in-critical-condition-after-falling-out-of-window/

Queens toddler in critical condition after falling out of window
By Stephanie Pagones
June 27, 2019 | 12:42pm

A 3-year-old was critically injured when he fell three stories from the window of his Queens home Thursday morning, authorities said.

The boy plummeted from the sixth story window and landed on a canopy on the third floor around 10:30 a.m. at a building on 39th Avenue near Union Street in Flushing, police said.

His mother was believed to be home, but was tending to a bed-ridden relative at the time, police sources said.

The child was rushed to Long Island Jewish Medical Center in critical condition, an FDNY spokesman said.

The child was rushed to Long Island √Jewish Medical Center in critical condition, an FDNY spokesman said.

I rest my case.

Flying gook season.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/22/two-year-old-girl-falls-from-second-floor-of-queens-building/

Two-year-old girl falls from second floor of Queens building
By Ruth Weissmann and Nick Fugallo
July 22, 2019 | 10:09am

A 2-year-old Queens girl fell from a second floor window that was left open during the heat wave, police and sources said Monday.

The girl’s father had just finished giving her a bath in their apartment on 26th Ave near College Point Blvd at about 8 p.m. Sunday night when he left her unattended, sources said.

But the tot managed to slip away.

“My husband just took her out of the bath and went downstairs to get the hair dryer. No one else was home, me or the kids, and she got onto the ledge and fell off,” mother Jia Jia Zhou told the Post.

She continued: “We had the window open because it was so hot outside.”

The police said the girl had fallen through the screen of the window, which didn’t have a child guard.

The toddler was rushed to Long Island Jewish Hospital after the fall, and is expected to survive, officials said.

“She’s still in the hospital right now,” Zhou added. “She has a broken right leg.”

Back