Kareem Petty murdered White woman

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Mourners struggle to find sense behind shooting

Leo Peloquin had a terrible premonition Thursday that he wasn't going to see his wife of 15 years again.

Gloria Peloquin's husband, Leo, and daugther, Jessica Saxon, 21, comfort each other Friday during a memorial service for Peloquin, who was shot and killed in front of the Save-A-Lot on Waters Avenue Thursday. Scott Bryant
Just 24 hours later, Peloquin and about 60 others mourned Gloria Peloquin's slaying.

During a prayer vigil in the shopping center parking lot where she was shot during an attempted robbery
they called on Savannah residents to help find her killer.

"I had a bad feeling just before 1 p.m. that I wouldn't be able to kiss or hug her again, that something bad was going to happen t

o m
," Leo Peloquin said Friday. "I shook it off and two hours lat
er I got a call telling me to turn around and come back to Savannah."

Peloquin, who was driving to Valdosta on business Thursday, knew that something horrible happened.

Linda Mills touches the face of her sister, Gloria Peloquin, in a family portrait during Friday's memorial ceremony. Scott Bryant
Savannah-Chatham police say Gloria Peloquin, 43, was shot about 1 p.m. ' the same time Leo says he had the feeling of foreboding ' outside the Save-A-Lot grocery store near the intersection of Waters Avenue and Montgomery Crossroad on the city's southside.

Detectives say she was confronted by at least one man who tried to rob her as she climbed into her car.

Peloquin resisted and drove
away from her assailant. The would-be robber shot her once in the chest, killing her ' and wounding Leo for life, he says.

While Leo Peloquin makes a plea to the media for help in fin
ding
his
wife'
s killer, his daughter, Michelle Clemens, right, gives a reassuring touch. Scott
Bryant
"We had the most trusting relationship. She was the most beautiful person I ever knew," Peloquin said. "She will be with me forever in my heart and soul. She was the glue that held our whole family together, and we'll remain together through her loss.

"She was a big, strong-hearted woman. You ask anyone and that's what they'll tell you."

Peloquin leaves behind her husband and three daughters, Michelle, 26, Jessica, 20, and Amy, 19.

Leo Peloquin, however, says his wife's survivors reach well beyond their immediate family.

He says his wife opened their home over the years to family and community members in need. Gloria Peloquin took a par
ticular shine to children, making the Thursday afternoon shooting a cruel irony.

While friends and family pay their respects at a ceremony in front of the Save-a-Lot on Wa
ters Ave
nue Frid
ay, paint marks th
e spot where police gathered evidence from the scene of Gloria Peloquin's murder on Thursday. Scott Bryant
Witnesses to
ld police the gunman was likely a teenager.

"She had a big spot in her heart for children," Leo Peloquin said. "It's a shame this suspect is only a child. ...

Police Seek Witness in Save-A-Lot Murder

1810199_BG1.jpg

According to police, the victim in yesterday's homicide was Gloria Smith Peloquin, age 43, of Savannah.

She was fatally shot in broad daylight in the shopping plaza at the intersection of Montgomery Cross Road a
nd Waters Avenue. As police sought a suspect, traffic stopped at this very busy intersection on Savannah's south side.

Investigators are seeking the man picture
d here for q
uestioning i
n connection with the homi
cide. Police say this person is a potential witness only.

Police are still looking for the suspect or suspects. If you have any information, you are urged to call CrimeStoppers at 234-2020.

None of
the articles I've read on this murder mention the race of the perp, but I can smell it from here.

T.N.B.

Originally posted by Gman@Apr 24 2004, 07:35 PM
Hi Tyrone,

Greetings!

I have noticed that whenever whites have contact with n-ggers, there is always grief that follows. In this tragic case, life long sorrow over the loss of a wife and mother. This is one of a thousand reasons why I despise the n-gger race. As you know, I am a fan of concealed handgun carry. This is yet another perfect example of a situation that probably would have had a different and happier ending if the woman carried
handgun. Perhaps she would have sent this negro on to it's infernal eternal reward instead of her being the one to die. Our race needs to eventually wake up to the negroid menace. Good to talk to you

Later.

Gman
So right you are about CCW. I have to get mine renewed next month. As far as the article is concerned, it passes the smell test. We should know
something within the next 72 hours about the race of the perp.

T.N.B.

Hi Tyrone,

I forgot to mention that I also smelled the putrid stench of negritude in this article. I make it a habit, as you do, to search out the race of perps when it is not mentioned. Mostly to satisfy my racially morbid curiousity but to confirm that the media tries to hide the race when n-ggers are involved. I bet I can smell negritude 9 out of 10 times and be accurate. I am sure you can as well. Talk to you soon.

Gman

Accused killer in Save-A-Lot slaying pleads not guilty
(registration required)

It was at a routine court hearing where Kareem Petty, 16, pleaded not guilty to killing Gloria Peloquin.

Homicide Victim's Family: Don't Forget Gloria
It's been 7 months to the day since Gloria Peloquin was shot and killed in her car during a robbery in South Savannah. Peloquin's family says she was running an errand to pick up treats for her children and grandchildren when she was gunned down. You might remember the search for Gloria Peloquin's killer after the April 22nd shooting at Waters Avenue and Mon

tgomery Cross Road. Eighteen days later police announced they arrested a teenager for the fatal shooti
ng- 16 year-old Kareem Jamal Petty. Petty was back in court Monday, and WSAV crime and safety reporter April Davis was the only television reporter there.

Gloria's husband, Leo and his 3 adult daughters were in court for a very short hearing. Petty pleaded not guilty a second time to a murder charge. The hearing lasted less than a minute, but Leo Peloquin says it's important for him to be in court every time petty makes an appearance.

"Make sure that my late wife Gloria is not forgotten about from the public. The whole family coming down is reason for... Keep it in the public eye that this was a senseless killing by literally a child who has very little to no remorse from what we've witnessed in the courtrooms. We're hoping that by letting people know that the family is not, we're not only here to see justice, but we're here to keep it in the public eye ab
out
the fact that children need supervision. They need adult guidance."

Petty's lawyer, Mike Schiavone says the 16-year-old defe
ndant was under a lot of pressure from police when he was arrested and details will come out in the trial.

Petty's next hearing is February 22nd when a trial date should be set.

Ref: Google search Kareem Petty

Ref: Boy Charged in Peloquin Murder Appears in Court 06/16/04

1947689_BG1.jpg

Gloria Peloquin, murdered April 22.

A 16-year-old boy accused of murdering a Savannah woman appeared in court this morning. Kareem Petty is facing charges in the death of Gloria Peloquin.

"He's a punk kid who ju
st don&
#39;t have a clue about life," said Peloquin's widower, Leo. "He's going to get his, he's going to get his, cause he might get away with it here, but he's got to face his maker one day."

Leo wants justice done. His wife was murdered April 22 as she tried t
o escape her attacker. She'd been shopping at the Save-a-Lot on Montgomery Cross Road.

Petty, now charged with murder, told police two other stories before admitting that he tried to rob Peloquin after asking her for change. He says he pulled out a gun, but insists it accidentally went off.

Peloquin's widower is furious. "You don't go around murdering innocent women," Leo said. "He's over there bumming change off my wife, she's going to give him change, then he murders her."

Kareem Petty says he was put up to the crime by another man, Irving Fox. An image of Fox taken from the store's surveillance camera was broadcast at the time the investigatio
n was begin
ning. Fox told police he was shopping, but Petty's attorney, Michael Schiavone, says he wants to look closer at his involvement.

"I have some serious questions in my mind about who pulled the trigger in the case," said Schiavone. "It's a tragedy and I've got the utmost sympathy for the victim's family, but it is important that th
e truth be found."

Police have interviewed Fox several times, but he has not been charged in connection with Gloria Peloquin's murder.

Although Kareem Petty is only 16 years old, he is being charged as an adult. No new court date has been set as of yet.

"He's a punk kid who just don't have a clue about life," said Peloquin's widower, Leo. "He's going to get his, he's going to get his, cause he might get away with it here, but he's got to face his maker one day."

Leo wants justice done. His wife was murdered April 22 as she tried to escape her attacker. She'd been shopping at the Save-a-Lot on Montgomery Cross Road.

MAY THIS NIGGER GET WHAT IS COMING TO HIM AND SOON!!!!

GMan

Murder Suspect Joins Brother in Jail

Police have made an arrest in one of Savannah's latest murders, and say crime seems to run in their suspect's family [sic]. Akin Mack, 18, was picked up by police last night during a traffic stop.

Detectives say he was one of the men who tried to rob, then killed Hosea Pedro Ramirez last month. It happened while Ramirez was visiting his family in Strathmore Estates.

Mack was arraigned today and is being held in the Chatham County jail. That's where Mack's brother, Kareem Petty, is also being held.

Police say Petty robbed and murdered Gloria Peloquin last year at the Save-a-Lot on Montgomery Cross Road. Petty is schedule to
r
r
go to trial for her murder in September.

Wake up America and
smell the negro fambly!

T.N.B.

Jury Selection Begins in Peloquin Murder

Jury selection is set to begin today in the case against Kareem Petty. Savannah-Chatham police say on April 22 of 2004, Petty robbed and murdered Gloria Peloquin at the Save-a-Lot on Montgomery Cross Road.

Police say Petty tried to rob the woman and shot her to death in the grocery store parking lot

Well, well, well, nigger murders white woman goes to trial and this is all the news about it. Isn't that special.

T.N.B.

Kareem Petty Found Guilty in Peloquin Murder

Almost two years ago, Gloria Peloquin of Savannah was shot and killed while she was shopping at a grocery store at Waters Avenue and Montgomery Cross Road. Today her family is feeling some justice after a jury convicted a teenager for her murder.

After a day and a half of deliberation, the jury found Kareem Petty guilty of three different charges including felony murder and aggravated assault.

As you can imagine, it was a very emotional day for all parties involved. We spoke with Gloria's husband Leo, who says he's very pleased with the verdict and this is a day he and his family have been waiting for.

On the other hand, Petty's defense attorney Michael Schiavone feels the jury bas

ed its verdict solely on Petty's taped confession, which he b
elieves was coerced.

"Because we do believe that the confession was coerced, not by the police, but by [Petty's associate Erwin] Fox, the person that we believe shot this woman," Schiavone said.

"To us, he's getting what he deserved," said Leo Peloquin. "Everything looked to be fair and square as far as the way it was done. He had some of the best defense...I'd hire that guy any day of the week if I needed a lawyer, because he did a really good job."

Petty, 17, was sentenced to life in prison after the verdict was read. Schiavone says he will appeal; he has 30 days to file.

Why did Gloria have to die but the worthless nigger who killed her gets to live?

T.N.B.

Widower: Guilty Verdict "A Blessing"

Yesterday, the jury found Kareem Petty, 17, guilty on three different charges, including Gloria Peloquin's murder. They convicted Petty of attacking Peloquin last April in the middle of a busy parking lot at Waters Avenue and Montgomery Cross Road in broad daylight.

The Peloquins were relieved with the outcome. We saw them outside the courthouse in tears, calling all sorts of friends and family members to deliver the news.

As the first five charges against Petty came back not guilty, the Peloquin family started to worry. Then came the one they were waiting for. "Count six. Felony murder. We the jury find the defendant guilty."

"Gloria kept saying in my head 'justice will be d

one,'" widower Leo Peloquin told us. "And I kept thinking, 'It don't look like that right
now,' but it was truly a blessing for us."

It was a verdict that seemed to be a long time coming. The jury deliberated for a day and a half, and often seemed like it might not make up its mind.

"They kept going in, coming out, going in, coming out, and having us come in," recalled Leo.

In fact, that's one aspect the defense thinks may help during the appeal. One of the strange actions by jurors was to note that some of their decisions on both guilty and not guilty findings were based on the confession.

"They might have been unanimous on doing it that way, but I'm not convinced they were unanimous on finding him guilty or not guilty, when they wrote something conditional on the verdict form," said defense lawyer Michael Schiavone. "
And
of c
ourse, that's something for appeal to the Supreme Court of Georgia."

Schiavone says they will definitely be filing an appeal.

After the verdict, Kareem Petty was sentenced
to life in prison plus five years and another 20 years for aggravated assault.

Memo to the jury: What in the hell is wrong with you guys?!? This nigger deserves death! Find him guilty on EVERYTHING if you find him guilty of felony murder. Sheesh.

T.N.B.

4215947_BG1.jpg

Kareem Petty enters the courtroom

Ref: Opening Arguments Heard in Peloquin Murder

"He gives a variety of stories but ultimately confesses to shooting Mrs. Peloquin," she told jurors. Higgins recounted part of Petty's statement: "'I shot her but Fox told me to, I shot her but it was an accident,' finally he says, 'I shot her.'"

Original surveillance cam image of 'person of interest'.

1810199_BG1.jpg

4539561_BG1.jpg

Carjacking Suspect Apprehended

It was a wild night for police and many motorists caught up in a high speed chase. Savannah-Chatham Police say Ervin Fox carjacked a purple Chevy Impala at gunpoint at the Walgreen's on Abercorn Street around 8:30 last night. Police put a lookout for the car, officers spotted it, and chased Fox for miles.

They caught up with him at the intersection of East Victory Drive and Skidaway Road. Police say that's when Fox ran a stop light and a silver Nissan crashed into the side of the stolen Impala. The Impala then hit two other cars. Fox got out and ran, but police soon caught him.

Cars weren't the only thing the Impala hit. The chase l
iterally ended right at sixteen year old Keandre Cato's feet. "I heard a car sliding over," he sa
id. "I turned around and looked and the car was sliding between Skidaway and Victory Drive and coming towards me."

Cato is a cook at Captain D's. He had climbed up a ladder to change the marquis. "The car was coming towards me, I was going to jump off the ladder but I didn't want to get hit by the car so I let the car hit the ladder," Cato said.

Cato was left dangling ten feet in the air. He couldn't hold on for long and fell to the ground. "I was scared. I was shocked because I already had a feeling something was going to happen."

That premonition came true,in a way. Cato and his mother, Chantel Kelly, never could have imagined. Kelly said, "I'm thankful he's not as hurt as bad as I thought he was, and it could have been a lot worse than it was."

Cato was treated at the hospital for a bruised
chest. The man police say hit him is behind bars. Ervin Fox is charged with carjacking, armed robbery and several traffic violations.

Fox was recently a part of another high profile case.
He was involved in the murder of Gloria Peloquin at the Save-a-Lot grocery store on April 22, 2004. He testified at Kareem Petty's murder trial this past December that he drove Petty to the store and picked him up afterward. Fox was not convicted of anything connected to that crime. Petty is serving life in prison.

Wake up America and smell the nigger.

T.N.B.

Back