Mexican Woman’s head found with note: ‘My husband refused to pay ransom’

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004
https://nypost.com/2019/02/19/womans-head-found-with-note-my-husband-refused-to-pay-ransom/

Woman’s head found with note: ‘My husband refused to pay ransom’
By Tamar Lapin
February 19, 2019 | 8:11pm | Updated

190219-mexico-ransom.jpg

A Mexican woman’s decapitated head was found in a trash bag with a note that said she was murdered because her husband “did not want to pay” her ransom, according to local reports.

The remains of businesswoman Susana Carrera were found last Wednesday in a parking lot in the city of Coatzacoalcos in Veracruz, local outlets reported.

She’d been kidnapped a week ago, while going to pick up her daughter from a friend’s house.

Video posted to Twitter shows Carrera outside her friend’s home ringing the doorbell and her kidnappers pulling up and throwing her into a car.

The captors asked for 4 million pesos or about $207,000, but the family told the Heraldo de Mexico they couldn’t afford it.

The note found with her decapitated body read: “This happened to me because my husband played the tough guy and didn’t want to pay my ransom.”

Carrera and her husband, Luis Manriquez, owned an aluminum company called Pexaliminio.

Hours after Carrera’s remains were found, her husband wrote a message on social media confirming her death, according to reports.

“Thank you very much to everyone for your prayers and wishes for my wife Susana Carrera to return home. Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to and she passed away.”

Coatzacoalcos has seen a recent increase in violence with 49 kidnappings and 160 murders there in 2018, according to the BBC.

Back