MEZZIKANS: 6 people killed, including a six-month-old baby, in shooting in Goshen, California

Arheel's Uncle

Senior Reporter

6 people killed, including a six-month-old baby, in shooting in Goshen, California​

Tue, January 17, 2023 at 5:04 AM CST

Six people, including a 17-year-old mother and a six-month-old baby, were killed in a shooting at a home in Goshen, California, on Monday, authorities said. Police described the attack as targeted, calling it a "horrific massacre."

shooting in Goshen, California

Authorities continue search for suspects in California ‘massacre’ of 6​

By Stefanie Dazio
Associated Press

Jan 17, 2023 at 6:59 pm

Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux speaks during a news conference Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2023, in Visalia, Calif., about the victims from a shooting the before that left six people dead in Goshen.

Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux speaks during a news conference Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2023, in Visalia, Calif., about the victims from a shooting the before that left six people dead in Goshen. (Ron Holman/AP)

LOS ANGELES — A shooter stood over a 16-year-old mother clutching her 10-month-old baby and pumped bullets into their heads in a brazen attack in a central California farming community that left six dead at a home linked to drugs and guns, a sheriff said Tuesday.

Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux said the teenager was fleeing the violence early Monday when the killers caught up to her outside a home in Goshen, a central California community of about 3,000 residents in the agricultural San Joaquin Valley, and shot the young mother and her child “assassination-style.”

The other four victims ranged from 19 to 72 years old, including a grandmother who was shot as she slept. Their autopsies are expected to be completed later in the week.

“None of this was by accident,” Boudreaux said during a news conference Tuesday. “It was deliberate, intentional and horrific.”

Boudreaux also walked back his earlier comments to reporters that the violence was likely a cartel hit, saying that investigators are still looking into that.

“I am not eliminating that possibility,” the sheriff said. “These people were clearly shot in the head and they were also shot in places where the shooter would know that a quick death would occur ... This is also similar to high-ranking gang affiliation and the style of executions that they commit.”

He added that not everyone who was shot was a drug dealer or gang member — and said that among the victims believed to be innocent are the teen, her grandmother, and of course, the baby.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the suspects’ arrests.

Samuel Pina said his granddaughter, 16-year-old Alissa Parraz, and her 10-month-old baby, Nycholas Nolan Parraz, were among those killed.

“I can’t wrap my head around what kind of monster would do this,” he told The Associated Press on Monday.

Pina said Parraz and her baby were living with her father’s side of the family in Goshen, and that her dad’s uncle, her dad’s cousin, her grandmother and her great-grandmother were also killed.

He said the family is in shock.

v
Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux speaks
Video

'Definitely One Of The Two': Sheriff Says California Shooting Was Either Cartel Or Gang Affiliated​

"Targeted head shot assassinations. Cartels are here. Unsecured border."

Last edited:
hat I can answer them with more detail I will tell you that the gentleman behind me as well is me and my
20:52
administrative staff we have been in briefings on this case and there's a lot that we know um but again let me just
20:58
reiterate I have to be very careful and cautious because they are watching what's happening today as well
21:05
with that is there any way to tell the connection between the suspects and Speedy victims
21:12
as far as a relationship or as far as yes like how you know
21:21
well I can tell you that there's been uh certain things turned over to us
21:27
um that bring us to that conclusion thank you I don't think they did okay
21:34
Goshen being a population of just 3 000 people would you say the
21:41
looking for it to happen there it's shocking for the nation not only is it shocking for a small
21:47
farming community of something like this to take place it's shocking to our County it's shocking to the state and I
21:53
have to tell you I'm receiving phone calls from all across the country fellow law enforcement people just are concerned it's shocking it's shocking
22:00
that we live in a community where this type of danger exists we realized that there was wrongdoings

37:27
it together that we are asking for public sales when it comes to video and any surveillance that they may have on their buildings or in their homes

37:34
between the hours of 3 A.M and 5 a.m or maybe even 2 A.M and 5 a.m but you could

Last edited:
Back