Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Brandon Bass
4767493_200X150.jpg

4764257_200X150.jpg

Police Arrest Third Suspect In Deadly Wilson Restaurant Shooting

POSTED: 6:42 am EDT July 25, 2005
How did we miss this one?!?

WILSON, N.C. -- Authorities have arrested a third suspect in connection with a shooting at a Pizza Hut in Wilson that left one employee dead and another injured.

Wilson police say early Sunday morning, Corey Whitted and two other men, 19-year-old Antonio Barnes and 20-year-old John Holden Jr., shot two employees wor

king inside the restaurant during an attempted robbery.

One person, 20-year-old Brandon Bass, died at the scene. Another person, 18-year-old Ceasar Raya, w
as seriously injured and taken to Pitt Memorial Hospital, where he is recovering.

A third employee, who was in the restaurant at the time of the shootings, was not injured. No customers were around at the time of the attempted robbery.

Investigators say Whitted was a cook at the restaurant. He was arrested at the Wilson Police Department Monday morning and charged with conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, attempted first degree murder and first degree murder.

Whitted has a prior criminal history that includes trespassing and assault on a female; he was supposed to be in court this week for resisting a public officer.

Barnes and Holden, who appeared in court Monday, are also behind bars, charged with
firs
t-degree murder and attempted robbery.

Investigators believe the three suspects went into the Pizza Hut shortly before 1 a.m. Sunday with their faces covered, armed with at least one rifle and a s
hotgun.

Their intention, authorities believe, was to rob the restaurant, but when Bass or Raya recognized Whitted as a fellow employee who had just left work hours earlier, police say gunfire erupted from the trio.

The shooting is taking a toll on friends, coworkers and the Bass family. Bass's uncle told WRAL that his nephew loved music and was planning to go to college.

A manager at the Pizza Hut said Bass was a very likeable employee.

A small yellow flower arrangement hung on the restaurant's door Monday in memory of Bass. Employees had also draped black crepe paper around the handrail by the entrance in memory.

The restaurant will remain closed until further notice.

There will be a memorial service Wednesday; B
ass will
be cremated.

How did we miss it?

T.N.B.

4764257_240X180.jpg

Three Indicted In Fatal Wilson Pizza Hut Shooting

WILSON, N.C. -- The three suspects in a fatal shooting at a Wilson Pizza Hut this summer were indicted by a grand jury this week.

Corey Whitted, who police say pulled the trigger in the shooting in July, was indicted on first-degree murder charges. Two other men, Antonio Barnes and John Holden Jr., were also indicted on first-degree murder charges related to the case.

Police say that Brandon Bass was killed and another employee was injured in the shooting that happened during a robbery.

Police believe Whitted began firing when employees recognized him as a co-worker.
<b

r>The three suspects will make their first appearances in Superior Court in January.

A
ffirmative Action Strikes Again!

T.N.B.

Ceasar Raya
4772873_200X150.jpg

'I Don't Want To Die,' Pizza Hut Shooting Victim Tells 911

WILSON, N.C. -- Wilson authorities released Tuesday the 911 recording of a phone call during an attempted robbery at a Wilson Pizza Hut that left one man dead and another injured.

Investigators said 18-year-old Ceasar Raya was badly hurt, but thought fast enough to dial 911 to explain what happened.

Muffled and hard to understand, Raya was able to tell a dispatcher that he was shot and that his co-worker Brandon Bass was likely dead.

"I don't want to die," Raya told the 911 operator.

Investigators believe 25-year-old Co

rey Whitted was the shooter who injured Raya and killed Bass. Raya is recovering at Pitt Memorial Hospital.

Whitteds mother encouraged her son to turn himself in, but did not want to talk publicly at his court appearance.

Police believe Whitted, who also worked at the Pizza Hut on Glendale Drive, went into the restaurant with two friends -- Antonio Barnes, 19, and John Holden Jr., 20 -- shortly before 1 a.m. Sunday morning.

"It appears they may have recognized him and that's when the shooting began," said Sgt. D.H. Garris, of the Wilson Police Department.

Investigators spent Tuesday searching for the suspects' guns. They used metal detectors and heavy equipment to clear an area off Black Creek Road.

The Pizza Hut will remain closed for a few more days. Employees at the restaurant and Bass' friends said his death has already af
fect
ed a lot of people.

"I wish it would've been me instead of him," said Bass' friend, Erik Brown. "He has more friends and people who looked up to him and all that."

The Pizza Hut manager described Bass
as a likeable guy. She was there during the robbery, but was not ready to talk.

A memorial service for Bass is scheduled for Wednesday at 7 p.m. His family said Bass would be cremated.

Pizza Hut wanted to celebrate diversity so they hired a nigger who shot and killed a white boy and injured a spic. In the end Pizza hut has a dead white boy, a spic in the hospital and a nigger in jail. Now that's celebrating diversity!!!! Pizza Hut should be sued out of existence.

T.N.B.

Nice find Tyrone!!

The filthy k*ke press did a good job of burying this horrible TNB episode. That is so typical of niggers, they will take your life for little or nothing. When the boon say that he was recognized, he was able to shoot to kill in a moment's notice. This is the mindset that true white warriors must posess if and when they confront a nigger. I have trained myself to react instantly to danger, especially niggers. I try my best to avoid trouble but if a boon came at me with a weapon, that boon would be taken out without hesitation!!!! This race of hellish dark beings truly view our race as their prey. I view them as my prey. This article has my blood up for some niggerthrashing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice find here Tyrone..

Gman

Back