Police Picked Up Killer Hours Before Murder

Hellcat

Registered

By Pat Clarke, PA News

Killer Jason Dockrill was detained and released by police hours before he battered a Finnish student to death.

An off-duty special constable had heard him shouting racial abuse on the street in the early afternoon.

When challenged, Dockrill claimed he had an automatic handgun with which he was going to shoot black men who, he said, had raped his girlfriend.

He also stated he was on anti-depressants and should be sectioned.

The special called other officers, who restrained and searched Dockrill ' but found no gun.

He smelt of alcohol, but gave his correct name and date of birth.

A woman police constable was present while
he was being restrained and Dockrill made a sexual comment to her, suggesting he would not mind having sex with her with the cuffs on.

He was released and sent on his way.

The officers acte

d a
they would in any situation. He was
not known to the police. No offences were disclosed during checks. It is the sort of thing they deal with every day, said one senior officer.

Afterwards, in the hours leading up to Suvi Aronen's death, Dockrill tried to rob a 44-year-old woman, attacked an 80-year-old in the park and violently robbed another women in the street.

In the first attack, at about 4.40pm, he punched Fahima Al-Barzanji in the head, dragged her backwards, threatened to kill her and tried to take her bag. But neighbours appeared and he ran off.

Just before 5pm, pensioner Karin Karina walked over Wanstead Park footbridge to feed the birds. Dockrill appeared, punched her from behind, put his hands over her mouth and pulled her backwards.

But Ray Friel, out walkin
g his dog, confronted him. When Dockrill tried to attack him, Mr Friel hit him with his dog chain.

Around 15 minutes later, Dockrill went on to rob Glynis Moore, 56, who was on her way ho
me f
rom
the dentist

He hit her in the face and ma
de off with her handbag in the direction of the roundabout where, about an hour later, he was to spot Miss Aronen as she got off the bus to walk back to her digs.

Dockrill was picked up by police the day after the killing.

Police had received reports of the three other attacks which bore similarities and were carried out in the same area.

They had details of the dog chain incident in the park and it identically matched an injury on his head.

It emerged that, two days earlier, an officer who saw a man peering through the front window of a house in darkness had challenged him. He gave his name as Jason Dockrill ' who was not known to the police and had committed no previous offences.

But the officer recalled there was somethin
g about him that made my hairs stand on end.

The following day, a woman who was 10 weeks pregnant heard heavy footsteps running behind her. A man grabbed her, putting his han
d over h
er mout
h.

Believing
she might die, she pleaded: Don'
t kill me, I am pregnant.

He took her bag before running off. She later identified Dockrill as her attacker.

Dockrill showed no remorse for any of the attacks or the killing of Miss Aronen. When shown a photograph of Miss Aronen's body, he commented: " ripped her apart. I was so doped up.

He added: " have no feelings about what happened ' I wish I did.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2842537

Back