Police: Woman abducted,

M_IMAGE.108c88e2655.93.88.fa.d0.5f1aba42.jpg

Glenn Allen

Police: Woman abducted, handcuffed by man posing as cop

06:42 PM CST on Wednesday, February 1, 2006
By Wendell Edwards / 11 News

A woman staying at a north Houston motel was tackled by a man in the parking lot, handcuffed and forced her into a motel room, according to police.

Linda Kimmons, 43, said the man was posing as an undercover police officer when he approached her.

He just came up at me and grabbed me by the arm and told me that I was arrested, the victim said. And I said, 'for what?' And he said, 'for narcotics.'"
<

br>The victim said she was thinking he was a cop, but didn't understand what was going on when he thr
ew her on a bed.

" knew something was wrong so I was wrestling with him and then I started screaming, she said.

That's when Glenn Allen calmly walked away.

The woman's screams alerted witnesses who called police and reported a disturbance.

Officers were dispatched to the Best Value Classic Inn in the 2500 block of the North Freeway just after 11 a.m.

They confronted the suspect who tried to escape on foot, according to HPD.

After a brief foot chase, Allen was taken into custody.

Police have charged him with kidnapping, impersonating an officer and possession of crack cocaine.

"It is bizzare for him to attempt to kidnap a person," said HPD Officer W.K. Duplechaine. "I mean, the area where he did it was visible to the managers office."

Allen was also wanted in Los Angeles County.

Kimmons said she and h
er h
usband met Allen Tuesday night. She said he'd called her husband in the motel room about 20 minutes before the incident and asked him if he wanted to pa
rty.

An ambulance was called to the scene to check out Kimmons, but she wasn't transported.

Kimmons said she's just happy to be alive.

M_IMAGE.108c88e2655.93.88.fa.d0.5f19f1dd.jpg

Linda Kimmons

Back