Shaquil Barrett’s wife Jordanna mourns 2-year-old daughter’s death: ‘Our world will never be the same’

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Shaquil Barrett’s wife Jordanna mourns 2-year-old daughter’s death: ‘Our world will never be the same’​

By
Ryan Glasspiegel

May 3, 2023 6:25pm
Updated

Jordanna Barrett, disgusting coalburning wife of Buccaneers linebacker Shaquil Barrett, posted her heartbroken reaction to the recent death of the couple’s 2-year-old daughter, Arrayah.
Arrayah tragically died Sunday morning in a drowning accident in a pool at the family’s home.
“Thank you all for all the messages, flowers, thoughts and prayers,” Jordanna wrote on Instagram.
“Our world will never be the same. Arrayah was the apple of my eye, and my heart will forever be with hers. I love you so much my baby. I am so so sorry. Until we see each other again, please watch over your siblings and momma and dada. We love you forever and ever and always.

“I can’t wait to see that precious smile again, and just hug you so close. I would do absolutely anything. There is no Barrett 6 without you, and we will forever hold your place down here, until we all meet again in heaven. I love you forever and always.”
The mother also posted a link to an obituary for the late toddler, who was the youngest of the Barretts’ four children.
“Arrayah’s smile brought so much joy to anyone who encountered her,” the obituary said.

Arrayah Barrett, daughter Shaquil and Jordanna Barrett, died in a tragic drowning accident Sunday morning.Instagram / Jordanna Barrett Shaquil and Jordanna Barrett.Shaquil and Jordanna Barrett.Instagram / Jordanna Barrett
“Everybody knew that Arrayah had her daddy wrapped around her finger and was the sunshine in her mama’s eyes. There was something about that sweet and sassy voice that just made your heart sing. Arrayah’s energy was unmatched.

“She loved to sing. She loved to laugh. She was SO smart. Arrayah Barrett had HER way with everyone. There was a sparkle in her eyes that drew your attention. Her endearing nature was so kind and magnetic.”

The Barretts received support from all over the football community, including from former Bucs quarterback Tom Brady, who posted a photo of the Barrett family with the caption, “The Brady’s love you.”

Shaquil Barrett, 30, has made the Pro Bowl twice in his eight-year career.

He played four seasons for the Broncos before spending the past four years, and counting, in Tampa.

Back