Sheboon fails to pay rent, moves out while leaving caged dog to die

White Sail

Junior News Editor
http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/new...ntent_id=bffc4267-fa4d-470c-b618-503306e7754a

Woman Moves Out: Leaves Dog Caged in House
Reported by: Dana Rebik
Last Update: 9/12 10:09 pm

Memphis, TN- A woman moves out of her home and leaves her dog locked in a cage to die.

A neighbor found the Shih Tzu whimpering in a closet on Thursday, September 11, 2008. It had no food or water and its fur was so matted it couldn't see, eat or use the bathroom.

thumb_1221274525591_0p13933145960773852.jpg

Chester Burns noticed someone had broken into the vacant house next door so he called the landlord and offered to go inside and check things out.

“I just hear a small whimper. I opened the closet and saw the crate and the smell was horrible. I opened the door and this little guy jumped out. He could barely walk,"� says Burns.

Burns took the dog to the Northgate Animal Hospital, where it took the vet three hours to shave all the matted fur.

Story.jpg

The landlord says the tenant was Denise Bryant. She lived in the house for less than three months, and the landlord says she owes two thousand dollars in rent. :eek:

“Don't just leave them there. They're going to starve to death and it’s against the law,"� says Ginger Morgan with the Humane Society. “It's cruelty to animals and you can be charged for that."

Morgan says unfortunately, animal abandonment is getting worse in Shelby County.

"With the bad economy, they can't afford to keep them they're being evicted and are moving out very quickly."�

Chester Burns plans to keep the dog, which he named Moses. The dog is being treated for worms, fleas and also has ulcers on its eyes and must have surgery. The vet bill as you can imagine is climbing and the man offering to keep the dog needs help paying for medical costs.

If you would like to make a donation, you can do so at the Northgate Animal Hospital in Frayser. The address is 3616 Thomas Street. The phone number is (901) 358-9111.

The wild Shegro parasite should be put in a cage.See how long IT last without water and food.

Back