Shreveport liquor store employee shot during robbe

Panhead Bob

Registered

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/news/html/6...229CA667A.shtml

Shreveport liquor store employee shot during robbery
October 7, 2004
To help
Call Shreveport police detectives at (318) 673-6955 or Crime Stoppers at (318) 673-7000 with any information.

By Keri Kirby

kerikirby@gannett.com

A 34-year-old Shreveport liquor store employee was shot when two masked men robbed the business Wednesday night.

The woman, whose name was not being released, was shot at least once by one of the robbers as she stood behind the sales counter at Thrif
y Liquor and Wine in the 1400 block of Hollywood Avenue, Shreveport police Sgt. Kevin Crow said.

"The two black male suspects entered the store armed with a han

dgun and ordered people on the floor. They demanded money from the register and, at some point durin
g the robbery, (multiple) shots were fired by the suspect."

The woman, who was shot with a semiautomatic handgun, was taken to LSU Hospital in Shreveport in serious condition, Crow said.

The robbers ran west on Hollywood Avenue after taking an undisclosed amount of money from the register, he said.

At least seven other employees and patrons were inside the store at the time of the robbery. None of them was wounded, Crow said.

Among them was Essie West of Shreveport, who said she walked in the store just before 9 p.m. with her sister to pay a bill, just as she's done many times before.

The robbers "just walked in and I thought it was a joke," West said. &qu
ot;Then they told us to hit the floor and they shot. I was scared they was going to kill me and my sister."

She said she doesn't know why the two robbers started shooting. "They
sho
t that girl for no reason. They got the money. I don't know why they shot her. They gave up the money."

The robbers were wearing dark-colored clo
thing. One was described as standing about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and having a dark complexion. The man who fired the shots is shorter than the other robber, police said.

Back