Ben Kesslen,

Steven Vago,

C.J. Sullivan,

Larry Celona and

Reuven Fenton

January 9, 2022 12:12pm
Updated

Horrific Bronx fire leaves numerous people injured

At least 19 people are dead, including nine children, after the city’s deadliest fire in more than 30 years tore through a Bronx apartment building Sunday morning, according to a police official.
The five-alarm blaze — which has been blamed on a malfunctioning space heater — broke out just before 11 a.m. at 333 E 181st St, a 19-story building in the Tremont section of the Bronx, the FDNY said, and was knocked down about an hour later.
“There were bodies being carried off every floor,” a firefighter told the Post. “It was the worst fire I saw in 30 years.”
Around 200 FDNY members responded to battle the inferno, which officials say broke out in a duplex apartment spanning the second and third floors when the space heater malfunctioned in a bedroom. The heat was on in the building but the space heater was being used to supplement it. A door left open in the apartment where the fire originated allowed the smoke to spread throughout the building.
Engine 48 was the first team to respond to the fire — but apparently was short-staffed.
“They only had four firefighters instead of the five they are called for because of people out sick because of Covid,” said the FDNY Uniformed Firefighters Association president Andrew Ansbro, who said it’s the worst fire the city has seen since 9/11. “We feel this is an absolute case where staffing would have made a difference.”
“Several of the first engines were in the same situation. If there was adequate staffing the fire could have been put out faster and people would have received medical aid sooner,” he said. FDNY officials denied this, saying the department is fully-staffed.
Dilenny Rodriguez, 38, lives on the ninth floor with her family and said she could hear children’s screams echoing throughout the apartment as she escaped with her own children.
“I heard a lot of kids yelling, ‘ Help! Help! Help!’ It was dark. The smoke was really bad. Those kids crying for help,” she said
A man receives medical attention at the scene of the fire.Mayor Eric Adams said the fire “is going to be one of the worst fires we have witnessed in the City of New York in modern times.”G.N.Miller/NYPost A police officer holds a child at the scene of the fire.At least 19 people died in the blaze, including nine children.Tomas E. Gaston Firemen climb a ladder at the blaze.One firefighter said the blaze was one of the worst he had seen in 30 years.Tomas E. Gaston
One resident told the Post that people might not have fled the building because its fire alarm is constantly blaring.
“The fire alarm goes off in the hallway all the time, at least twice a week,” said the 18th floor resident, who asked not to be named. “What do I do when I watch a movie? I put the volume up because it goes off all the time.
“I don’t know if it’s faulty or what it is but it goes off all the time. People on the third, fourth, fifth and went about their day until they saw smoke,” he said. Fire officials said Sunday afternoon they would look into the fire alarm system.
People inside the building where glass had been blown out from the windows.As many as 200 firefighter responded to the Bronx fire.Tomas E. Gaston A fire broke out in a Bronx building Sunday morning, leaving numerous people seriously injured.A fire broke out in a Bronx building Sunday morning, leaving numerous people seriously injured.Tomas E. Gaston
Among the dead is a 4-year old, according to police sources. Fire officials said that at least 32 people sustained life-threatening injuries. The ages of the deceased have not been released. The building was home to a large Muslim community.
At nearby Jacobi Hospital, Aisha Dukuray, 28, searched for her 20 relatives who live in the building.
Dukuray said her family, all immigrants from Gambia, are scattered across area hospitals but she doesn’t know who is where. She is hitting one hospital at a time trying to identify her kin. Montefiore Hospital is her next stop.
“I’ve only seen just bodies for now, and none of them I can identify. The one I saw here was a 15- or 16-year-old boy, who I thought might be my nephew. I saw his face in a body bag. He looked familiar, but it wasn’t him.”
The fire broke out at t 333 E 181st St in the early hours of January 9, 2022.The fire broke out at 333 E 181st St in the early hours of January 9, 2022.Tomas E. Gaston
“Everybody’s calling me,” said Dukuray, who doesn’t live in the building. “I’m a nurse myself, and I went home to change and help look.”
Sources told the Post that a victim identification system has been implemented so family members can call 311 to report missing relatives and friends and help identify bodies. The deceased are being brought to both the Manhattan and Queens Morgues.
FDNY Commissioner Daniel Nigro said authorities “expect there to be numerous fatalities, but we don’t know yet.”
“This is going to be one of the worst fires we have witnessed in the City of New York in modern times,” Mayor Eric Adams said from the scene of the blaze Sunday, calling it “a horrific, horrific painful moment for the City of New York.”
Footage from social media shows fire fighters attempting to scale numerous ladders in order to save people.Footage from social media shows firefighters attempting to scale numerous ladders in order to save people. Twitter/nycfirewire
In December 2017, 13 people —including a year-old child — were killed when a Bronx apartment building went up in flames. That fire was the deadliest New York City blaze since 87 people perished in March 1990 in the Happy Land social-club arson attack, which took place less than a mile away. In March 2007, eight kids and one adult were killed after a century-old wooden building in the Bronx caught on fire.
In a second Sunday press conference, Adams commended the job of the firefighters.
“Their oxygen tanks were empty, and they still pushed through the smoke. You can’t do this if you don’t feel attached to the city and this community,” he said.
Gov. Kathy Hochul spoke at the afternoon presser, saying she would include a victim’s compensation fund in her new budget.
“There will be money to help them, find new housing, burial costs, whatever they need,” she said. “We will take care of them, we are here for the Bronx and we are here for anyone who needs us.”
Among 63 residents injured, 32 had life-threatening injuries, nine had serious injuries, and 22 were treated with non-life-threatening injuries, Adams said. One FDNY member was also injured and brought to the hospital.
Nigro said at a presser that the department responded within three minutes.
“This smoke extended the entire height of the building, completely unusual,” he said. “Members found victims on every floor in stairwells.”
A firefighter removes a young resident from the building.A firefighter removes a young resident from the building.G.N.Miller/NYPost
Nigro called the fire “unprecedented in our city.”
“The last time we had a loss of life that may be this horrific was at Happy Land Fire over 30 years ago here in the Bronx.”
Fire officials don’t yet know the origin of the fire.
“What I do know…is that the door to that apartment was left open causing the fire to spread and smoke to spread, which is always a problem for us. As we see here by the broken windows throughout the building, this fire took its toll on our city,” he said.
A man is helped away from the scene of the fatal blaze.A man is helped away from the scene of the fatal blaze.
Ansbro said the mayor needs to reassess how he is staffing fire stations.
“I appreciate the mayor coming to the fire, but he needs to take a good look at staffing levels… Thirty years ago, there were five firefighters in every Engine Company.”
Adams said on MSNBC that the city has “an excellent system in place to get our apparatus there in the fastest time possible.”
“I am extremely encouraged by what I witnessed today,” the new mayor said. “Firefighters, some of them ran out of oxygen – the oxygen out of their tanks – but they still pushed through to rescue and save lives. And I’m extremely proud of the men and women who responded to this fire today.”
Officials are still investigating the cause of the fire. Officials are still investigating the cause of the fire. Tomas E. Gaston
The building, which was constructed under federal guidelines and doesn’t have the same construction code as the city, currently stands as a shell of its former self, with windows on multiple floors broken.
Cristal Diaz, 27, a resident of the 15th floor, grabbed cousins, her aunt and dog “Fluffy” when she realized there was a fire.
“I was drinking coffee in the living room and I started smelling smoke. We started putting water on towels and the bottom of the door. Everything was crazy,” Diaz said. “We didn’t know what to do. We looked out the windows and saw all the dead bodies they were taking with the blankets.
Alanny, 13, her niece, said, “We saw moms fainting. They saw their kids dying.”
“We saw a bunch of bodies coming out. People from my childhood were dying,” Alanny said.
A scene of the fire trucks taken from above.A neighbor compared the fire to 9/11.AP
Christopher Carrasquilo, 65, who lives next door, ran into the building to help save residents.
“A little kid was stuck in the elevator. I had to bring him down. It was something like 9/11,” he said with tears in his eyes.
“They need fire escapes. They gotta put fire escapes,” he said. “The owner who owns this building gotta do something about it.”
The FDNY said buildings of this height never have fire escapes.
Icy conditions made it tough to fight the fire, and the FDNY said it took more than an hour to put down the blaze.
A firefighter had smoke on his face from the fire.Before Sunday, the city’s deadliest blaze in more than a quarter-century killed 13 people in a Bronx apartment building in 2017.REUTERS
Rachel McKenzie, a ninth floor resident, was in tears at the scene. “It is all too much. Oh God,” she said. “They’re still looking for women and children. I can’t talk.”
Another ninth floor resident, Fatima, who declined to give her last name, said she is blessed to be alive.
“You can’t explain it. Thank god I found my 3-year-old daughter. We went down the stairwell and it was pitch black. You couldn’t see a thing,” she said. “We went onto the 6th floor and a neighbor let us in and we stayed there until the firemen took us out. It was traumatizing.”
Stefan Eutsnu, who lives on the 4th floor with his wife and children, said chance kept his children alive.
Eutsnu took his children to his sister’s house Sunday morning.
“When I got back, I was in the apartment with my wife and we smell the smoke,” he said. The couple ran down the stairs, overwhelmed by smoke. He said he couldn’t see a thing until he got outside, and that’s when he saw “all the hurt children.”
Harrowing images from the scene show a firefighter cradling a baby rescued from the fire, a victim on a stretcher, and a woman sitting on the ground being helped by paramedics with soot on her face.
Hame Wague, 16, lives with nine family members on a third floor apartment.
“My grandma was sleeping and she smelled smoke and quickly woke up and screamed fire! Fire! My dad knocked on everybody’s door. We quickly made sure everybody was OK, that everybody got out the apartment,” he said. “There was smoke everywhere.”
Governor Kathy Hochul said she was “horrified by the devastating fire.”
“My heart is with the loved ones of all those we’ve tragically lost, all of those impacted and with our heroic FDNY firefighters,” she wrote on Twitter.
Before Sunday, the city’s deadliest blaze in more than a quarter-century killed 13 people —including a year-old child — in a Bronx apartment building the night of Thursday, Dec. 28, 2017. That fire was the deadliest New York City blaze since 87 people perished in March 1990 in the Happy Land social-club arson attack, which took place less than a mile away.
“Something like this happens, but you never expect this to happen to you,” Diaz, of the 15th floor, said.

Philadelphia community gathers to remember 12 victims killed in duplex fire​

"We would like to thank everyone for the kindness, generosity and prayers during this horrifying time," said a family spokeswoman.

By Dann Cuellar
Friday, January 7, 2022 4:47AM

https://6abc.com/watch/

"We would like to thank everyone for the kindness, generosity and prayers during this horrifying time," said a family spokeswoman during a Thursday night vigil.

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- The community gathered on Thursday night to remember the 12 lives lost in a fire in Philadelphia's Fairmount neighborhood.

A sea of people covered the entire block of 22nd Street near Parrish in front of the Bache-Martin Elementary School.

There were many candles and balloons to honor the eight niglets and four adults who died in the blaze.

"We would like to thank everyone for the kindness, generosity and prayers during this horrifying time," said family spokeswoman Andrea Underwood.

Virginia Thomas, Rosalee McDonald and Quinsha White were killed in the fire, along with one other adult and eight children.

Two other victims remain hospitalized.

11434531_010621-wpvi-duplex-fire-gray-6-video-vid.jpg

https://6abc.com/watch/
The revelation was included in a search warrant application as city and federal investigators sought to determine the cause of the city's deadliest single blaze in more than a century.

"We are waiting for additional information to move forward with the memorial service," said Underwood.

Meanwhile, the ATF has brought in its National Response Team (NRT) to assist with the investigation.

The Philadelphia Housing Authority says it authorized as many as 20 people to live in the two apartments out of consideration for intergenerational families who are accustomed to living under one roof.

But did the agency adequately consider the fire hazard posed by so many people living in such a small space?

"The quality of the units was not in question. The safety of the unit was not in question. I believe that we did what we needed to do," said PHA President and CEO Kelvin Jeremiah.

The Philadelphia Fire Marshal's Office says the building under normal circumstances was not required to have a fire escape.

There are still many unanswered questions about the Fairmount fire, the deadliest in the city in more than 100 years. Here's what we know so far.

"It would be in a respect a single-family occupancy so the building was not constructed to have a fire escape," said Deputy Chief Dennis Merrigan.

An official cause of the fire has not yet been determined, but a 5-year-old child playing with a lighter near a Christmas tree may have caused the fire, sources tell Action News.

A GoFundMe page that's been set up for the victims has raised over $180,000. To learn how you can help, CLICK HERE.

Worthless imported bluegum dad loses entire fambly to Bronx fire — including son who just turned 12​

By
Jack Morphet,

Ben Kesslen and

Reuven Fenton

January 11, 2022 5:46pm
Updated

Ishak Drammeh, who lost his wife and three children in the Bronx fire, hasn't been able to eat since Sunday

Muhammed Drammeh turned 12 on Saturday and was dead by the next morning along with his mother and two sisters — leaving the dad mourning the loss of his entire family from Sunday’s Bronx blaze.
“One day they are just gone and you will never see them again,” said a numb Ishak Drammeh to The Post on Tuesday.
“My children were lovely,” the father said.
The Gambian-born dad lost his son as well as wife Fatoumata, 50, and two daughters, Fatoumala, 21, and Nyumaaisha, 19.
The father had been at work in Ohio at the time of the blaze.
He said he is still waiting to see his loved ones’ bodies.
“Detectives gave us a confirmation number to say they all died, but I cannot say that, because I haven’t seen them yet,” he said. “They say they will send us pictures, but I still haven’t seen them.
Ishak Drammeh talks about his family.Ishak Drammeh lost his entire family — wife, son and two daughters — to the January 9 Bronx apartment blaze.Robert Miller for NY Post Ishak Drammeh is consoled by member of NYPD Community Affairs.Ishak Drammeh — who is still waiting to see his family’s bodies — hugs a member of NYPD Community Affairs following the devastating blaze.Robert Miller for NY Post
“I couldn’t see my wife, my baby daughter or my son. I am in between sky and heaven right now.”
His wife of 28 years and kids all died in their 15th-floor apartment at the Twin Parks Northwest high-rise when the fire broke out.
Drammeh, who has not been able to eat since learning of his family’s deaths, said Fatoumala was in her final year of an economics degree at the University at Buffalo, while Nyumaaisha was working at a hospital until she was set to start university later this year. Muhammad also was in school.
The Drammeh siblings pose for photos together.The children, Fatoumala, Nyumaaisha and Muhammed, died with their mother Fatoumala in their 15th floor apartment Sunday.Family photos
Drammeh prayed Tuesday at the Bronx mosque Masjid Ar-Rahama, which has connections to 16 of the 17 dead.
“To be honest with you, I know we all came from Allah The Almighty and we all go back to the Almighty,” Drammeh said.
Imam Musa Kabba is currently organizing a mass funeral for the victims who want to be buried in the US.
Bronx fire victims Fatoumata Drammeh, center, and Muhammed Drammeh, right, are pictured with their surviving relative Fatimah Drammeh. The Drammeh siblings and their mother are four of 17 people who died in the Sunday fire.Family photo
“We lost 16 people who belonged to this center, including fathers and mothers and children,” Kabba said.“We all used to pray together. We have lost our people and our family. There is a lot of sorrow.”
Drammeh plans to bury his family in the US., where his three children were born.
Tijan Janneh is another father in mourning.
His daughter, Sere Janneh, 27, is one of the 17 dead.
“My daughter was so kind and hard-working and respectful,” Janneh said when he returned to his apartment in the doomed building Tuesday to gather up some belongings.
“When the fire broke out, there was too much smoke. We live on the sixth floor. I open the door and said, ‘Let’s go out.’ Everybody was getting out.
“There was too much dark smoke, we couldn’t see nothing. From there, we all split.
“Later on they just broke the news to us,” he said. “My daughter is gone.”

Bronx fire orphans four kids — who don’t yet know their worthless imported bluegum parents died​

By
Joshua Rhett Miller and

Ben Kesslen

January 11, 2022 3:03pm
Updated

Isatou Jabbie 31, (left) and Hagi Jawara 47
Isatou Jabbie (left) and Hagi Jawara were among the 17 dead in the fire. GoFundMe

Four stick niglets were orphaned in Sunday’s horrific Bronx blaze — and they don’t even know it yet.
The children, ages 6 to 15, have been visiting relatives in The Gambia while their parents returned home early to the family’s apartment in the doomed high-rise — and the mom and dad died in the fire, a relative told The Post on Tuesday.
“We don’t want to put it out to them just like that,” Yusupha Jawara, 46, of the Bronx said of his two nephews and pair of nieces.
Relatives are waiting for the “appropriate” time to tell the kids that their parents — Jawara’s brother, Hagi Jawara, 47, and sister-in-law, Isatou Jabbie, 31 — were among the 17 dead, the man said.
“[Jabbie] loved her kids to death,” Jawara said. “The kids were her life.
“Right now, we are trying to get the bodies and arrange the funerals and how to break the news to [the children],” Jawara said. “Then, as a family, we will sit down together and figure out what will happen next.”
Firemen stand at the scene of a fire at a multi-level apartment building in the BronxFiremen stand at the scene of the fatal fire at a multi-level apartment building in the Bronx.REUTERS/Carlo Allegri/File Photo
Jawara said his brother had previously told him there were “issues” with the heat in the building and submitted complaints to building reps.
Last year, Hagi “said the heat was not normal, it’s cold,” Jawara said. “He said the heaters were not working properly.”
A space heater in another resident’s apartment is believed to have sparked the killer blaze.
[IMG alt="Five alarm fire at 333 East 181st Street in The Bronx.
"]https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/01/bronx-fire-4.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1024[/IMG]
The children, currently in The Gambia, don’t yet know their parents died in the fire.G.N.Miller/NYPost
Jawara said his brother and his family lived on the 18th floor of the building. Hagi worked jobs in construction and at a fried-chicken restaurant.
He was a “jovial,” kind-hearted and religious man, his brother said. “He was always smiling and laughing with everyone, never had a disagreement with anybody.”
Isatou worked as a home health aide, her brother-in-law said.
Inside the aprartment where blaze startedA space heater in a resident’s apartment is believed to have started the fire.
Jawara said he last spoke to his brother late Saturday, just hours before the deadly blaze broke out the next day.
“We were just talking about family things,” Jawara recalled. “He mentioned he was trying to bring the kids back by the end of the month.”
Hagi and his wife had returned from The Gambia just weeks ago while visiting her mother. The children were expected to return to the US by the end of the month.
Emergency personnel work at the scene of a fatal fire at an apartment building in the BronxEmergency personnel work at the scene of the fire.AP Photo/Yuki Iwamura
Now the family must decide where the orphaned children will live.
Their parents will be buried in The Gambia, Jawara said.

Bronx mosque to host mass funeral for victims of deadly fire​

By
Ben Kesslen and

Joshua Rhett Miller

January 11, 2022 1:34pm
Updated

Horrific Bronx fire on Jan. 09, 2022 leaves multiple people dead and injured

A local mosque in the Bronx is planning to hold a mass funeral for victims of Sunday’s apartment fire, many of whom were worthless imported bluegum Muzzies from The Gambia.
Musa Kabba, the imam at the Masjid-Ur-Rahmah mosque, told NY1 that the funeral might be held as early as Friday or Saturday.
Workers in protective clothing walk from an apartment building which suffered the city's deadliest fire in three decades, in the Bronx borough of New York, Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2022A malfunctioning electric space heater apparently started the fire in the 19-story building.AP Photo/Matt Rourke
Many of the victims of the fire attended Kabba’s mosque, which has remained open through the tragedy.
Residents of the building and neighbors have congregated at the mosque since Sunday to pray, grieve — and work to try to figure out where missing family members may be.
The plan for the funeral comes as Gambian families, some of whom have yet to receive the remains of their deceased loved ones, are faced with tough decisions about whether to bury their relatives in the US or The Gambia.
Family members gather and wait for information about missing loved ones at Masjid-Ur-RahmahFamily members gather and wait for information about missing loved ones at Masjid-Ur-Rahmah.AP Photo/Yuki Iwamura Family members gather and wait for information about missing loved ones at Masjid-Ur-Rahmah near the apartment building which suffered the city's deadliest fire in three decades, in the Bronx borough of New York on Monday, Jan. 10, 2022.Residents of the building and neighbors have congregated at the mosque.AP Photo/Yuki Iwamura
Haji Dukuray, 61, who lost five relatives in the fire, including three children, said he and kin are “having a family meeting” to figure out burial plans.
“We’ll determine whether they’ll be buried in the Bronx or be taken back to The Gambia,” he told The Post on Tuesday.
Dukuray and his relatives have not yet received the bodies of their kin, he said.
Inside the aprartment where blaze started killing 19 and injuring 30Inside the apartment where the fire started.
Yusupha Jawara, 46, lost his brother, Hagi Jawara, 47, and sister-in-law, Isatou Jabbie, 31, in the fire. The couple leaves behind four children, who are currently in The Gambia visiting family.
Jawara said his brother and sister-in-law will be buried in The Gambia.
Local and state governments have promised to help families with funeral costs, and Gambian community orgs are raising hundreds of thousands to support the victims and make sure they got a proper burial.
[IMG alt="GV of Masjid-Ur-Rahmah
"]https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/01/bronx-mosque-fire-funeral-01.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1024[/IMG]
Masjid-Ur-Rahmah is holding a mass funeral for victims of the Bronx apartment fire.Google Maps
Mayor Eric Adams emphasized the city wants to work with the local Muslim community to respect their burial customs.
Seventeen people, including eight children, died in the fire, which left more than 60 others injured. It was the deadliest fire in New York City in more than 30 years.

Delaware man :mad: turns to faith as he mourns 5 relatives lost to Bronx fire​

By
Joshua Rhett Miller and

Ben Kesslen

January 11, 2022 1:23pm
Updated

Chilling video shows inside the Bronx apartment building where a fire killed 17

Haji Dukuray was used to driving the 200 miles from his home in Delaware to the Bronx to see his niece’s beautiful young family.
But when Dukuray made the drive Monday, there were no smiling faces to greet him.
The entire family of five — Dukuray’s 37-year-old niece, Haja Dukureh; her husband who shares his name, Haji Dukuray, 49; and their three kids, Mustapha Dukureh, 12, Mariam Dukureh, 11, and Fatoumata Dukureh, 5 — were among the 17 people killed within minutes in Sunday’s horrific apartment building fire.
“We have faith, so we’re holding onto our faith,” the heartbroken uncle told The Post on Tuesday. “We are hanging in there as much as we can. We’re supporting each other.”
Dukuray said he spoke with his shattered sister, his niece’s mother, earlier Tuesday.
“‘I’m going to leave everything in the Lord’s hands, the Lord knows best,’” Dukuray recalled her saying.
Haji DukurayHaji Dukuray of Delaware lost five members of his family in the deadly Bronx apartment fire on Jan. 9, 2022.PIX11
Haji Dukuray, 49Haji Dukuray, 49, was killed in the Jan. 9 fire.Family Handout
“We prayed for her, and we prayed for the entire family.”
Dukuray, who had countless relatives living in the 19-story high-rise at the time of the blaze, said, “Initially, I received a call that there was a fire in the building in the Bronx.
“Even though I live in Bear, I’m always in the Bronx because I have so many relatives there. But I didn’t get the information about what building it was until later in the day,” he said.
Dukuray said his relatives had not previously relayed to him any safety issues or concerning conditions at the high-rise.
“I never got any direct complaints from them,” he said.
Dukuray proceeded to “make a few phone calls” to his family but couldn’t reach them.
Haja Dukureh, 37Haja Dukureh, 37, died on Jan. 9.Family Handout
He then spoke to a local imam, Musa Kabba from Masjid-Ur-Rahmah on Webster Avenue, where many of the building’s residents worship. Kabba said he was already at a hospital and trying to track them down, according to Dukuray.
“He pretty much told me they couldn’t find my niece and my nephew,” Dukuray said.
It turns out the family of five had been wiped out. No one else in Dukuray’s large family is known to have been killed in the fire, although it was unclear if any relatives were among the scores hospitalized.
Dukuray said his extended family, originally from The Gambia in West Africa, are now mulling where to bury the victims. The family had not yet received their bodies, he said.
“We are actually having a family meeting, and we’ll make that decision as a family, collectively, on what the next step will be,” Dukuray said. “We’ll determine whether they’ll be buried in The Bronx or be taken back to The Gambia.”
Mustapha Dukuray, 12Mustapha Dukureh, 12, was killed in the Bronx fire. Family Handout
Both state and federal officials have promised to help the families of the fire’s victims cover funeral costs.
Mayor Eric Adams said during a press briefing Monday that President Biden reached out to him to offer support to the residents who lost everything.
Gov. Kathy Hochul said Sunday she should make sure her new budget includes compensation for the victims and their families, promising that the residents of the building would not be forgotten.
Dukuray insisted his “tight-knit” Muslim family would rely on religion to cope with the city’s deadliest blaze in more than three decades.
Many of the building’s residents are immigrants from The Gambia.
The local Gambian community has rallied in support of the victims, raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for their neighbors in need and collaborating with the city and state to help their people access emergency services.
Fatoumata Dukuray, 5Fatoumata Dukureh, 5, died on Jan. 9.Family Handout
Miriam Dukuray, 11Mariam Dukureh, 11, was killed in the Jan. 9 fire. Family Handout

Space heater blamed for deadly Bronx fire had been left on for days: FDNY sources​

By
Amanda Woods,

Reuven Fenton and

Jorge Fitz-Gibbon

January 11, 2022 12:17pm
Updated

The space heater suspected of sparking Sunday’s deadly Bronx apartment building blaze had been left on for several days, FDNY sources said Tuesday.
The apartment where the fire started, killing at least 17 people and injuring dozens more, also had several space heaters, sources said.
Authorities have said the horrific blaze at 333 E. 181st St. originated with a space heater in unit 3N, sending deadly billowing smoke throughout the 19-story high-rise.
Inside the apartment where blaze started Inside the apartment where the blaze started. Inside the apartment where blaze started killing 17 and injuring dozens at  333 E181st St. the BronxThe space heater had been left on for several days, sources said.
Mamadou Wague, the dad of the family in the apartment, denied to The Post on Tuesday that any of their space heaters had been left on so long, saying they were only turned on at night.
“No, not many days. Nighttime,” he said. “When we wake up, everybody goes out of the room, and we turn off the heaters.”
“Sunday it was still on because we didn’t wake up,” he added. “We were still sleeping.”
An official investigation into the blaze is ongoing.G.N.Miller/NYPost Scene of a fatal fire at 333 east 181 street in the Bronx, New York.Eight of those killed in the building were children.Tomas E. Gaston
An official investigation into the blaze is ongoing.
Firefighters first responded to the six-alarm blaze shortly before 11 a.m. Sunday, with more than 200 firefighters dispatched.
FDNY Commissioner Daniel Nigro said Monday that smoke spewing out of a door left open in apartment 3N — and not flames — was responsible for the deaths and injuries.
EXCLUSIVE: Hallway where blaze started killing 19 and injuring 30 at  333 E181st St. the Bronx.Authorities have said the horrific blaze originated with a space heater in unit 3N.
Apartment doors in the building were built to be self-closing, at least partly to contain fires, but this one “malfunctioned,” Nigro said.
Wague told The Post on Monday that he believes he inadvertently pushed the door open too far, leading it to become stuck, while rescuing his daughter, who was burned and remained hospitalized.
Fire officials said eight of those killed in the building were children.

Investigators ‘Near Certain’ Christmas Tree Ignited By Lighter Found Nearby Originated Tragic Fairmount Fire​

By CBS3 StaffJanuary 12, 2022 at 5:01 am

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Investigators are “near certain” a Crimmus tree ignited by a lighter found nearby originated a tragic fire in Philadelphia’s Fairmount neighborhood last week. Twelve people, including nine children, were killed in the blaze that ripped through two Philadelphia Housing Authority units in the morning of Jan. 5.
Philadelphia Fire Chief Adam Thiel says the lit Christmas tree has been determined the initial ignition source after “exhausting investigation of the scene” and based on the testimony of a 5-year-old child.

An extensive search of the scene led investigators with the ATF and Fire Marshal to rule out any other ignition sources.
The Christmas tree was located in the second-floor unit and Thiel says the 5-year-old was the only surviving person rescued from the second-floor.
“The words of a 5-year-old child who is essentially one of two survivors of this tragedy and really the sole survivor, the only one who was located, based on our interviews, the only person who was on the second floor which is where the tree and lighter were located at the time when we believe the fire was ignited. We are left with the words of the 5-year-old child, that traumatized child, to help us understand how the lighter and tree came together with tragic consequences because we have disproved any other theories, hypotheses based on the incredible level of expertise we brought, including ATF’s national response team and all the other partners who contributed to this investigation,” Thiel said.
Last week CBS3 learned the fire may have been started by a 5-year-old playing with a lighter near the Christmas tree, but Thiel says you can’t rely solely on the testimony of a child.
“We are almost certain that the Christmas tree located on the second floor was the item that was first ignited. We are near certain that what ignited that fire was a lighter and how the lighter came into contact with the Christmas tree, you’ve all seen and heard reported the words of a 5-year-old,” Thiel said. “We’re left with the words the only surviving person who was on the second floor at the time we believe the fire started was a 5-year-old. We are not going to get into details of the words of a 5-year-old.”
Investigators could not find anything to disprove the words of the child, but Thiel says this does not prove the child started the fire because “we are talking about the words of a 5-year-old child.”
“Since that horrible day, the entire city has been mourning and devastated by the loss of 12 lives,” Mayor Jim Kenney said.
According to the Philadelphia Department of Public Health’s Medical Examiner’s Office, the 12 people who perished in the fire died of smoke inhalation. The three adults and nine children killed were Dekwan Robinson, Destiny McDonald, Janiyah Roberts, J’Kwan Robinson, Natasha Wayne, Quientien Tate-McDonald, Quinsha White, Rosalee McDonald, Shaniece Wayne, Taniesha Robinson, Tiffany Robinson and Virginia Thomas.
“On behalf of the entire Health Department, I want to express our deepest condolences to those who have been affected by this fire,” Health Commissioner Dr. Cheryl Bettigole said. “We mourn for each of the young mothers and children lost, everything they should have been able to become and to experience, and the tremendous loss experienced by their families, their communities, and our city in this terrible tragedy.”
Thiel says the fire has been ruled incendiary, which means officials don’t believe it occurred accidentally.
“We believe there was some type of human intervention to bring the ignition source to the first item ignited,” he said. “Again, you’ve heard me say that’s based on without certainty but the less certain words of a traumatized 5-year-old. We don’t have any hypothesis. We don’t have anything really to the contrary. What we know for sure is the tree, the next thing we know pretty sure, near certainty, is the lighter and again we’re left with the words of this 5-year-old.”
The fast-moving blaze quickly rose from the second floor consuming the three-story rowhome. Investigators say the bulk of the victims were found in bedrooms on the third floor.
Fire officials discovered a total of seven smoke detectors were found. Three were found in a kitchen drawer, another in a bedroom drawer, one on the floor and one was on a bedroom ceiling.
All of them had the 9-volt batteries removed and were inoperable.
One smoke detector was discovered in the basement and did activate, but it was too late to alert the fire victims on other floors.
Philadelphia fire officials are again reminding people to make sure they have an escape plan in place in the event of a fire and to make sure they have working smoke detectors.
They say they are continuing to install free smoke detectors throughout the city. In 2021, they distributed 1,100.
The City of Brotherly Love has come together to help those impacted by this tragedy. Click here to find out how you can donate to the victims.

Bronx Fire: Dem Niggas Done Got Burned Up Out Da Muthafuka​

Andrew Anglin January 12, 2022

All dem niggas done is be dead out dis bitch, shiieeeet.
There was a big fire in a high-rise building full of African immigrants in the Bronx.

It seems that third world people tend to have third world problems – even in the first world.
Why do we have colonies of Africans (from Africa) in our cities in the first place, you ask?
Well, that’s because of the Jews.
It’s called the “Hart-Celler Immigration Act of 1965.” You can look it up. It was a law lobbied for by Jews that basically said “let’s bring millions and millions of third worlders into America for literally no reason.”
New York Post:
The dad in the Bronx apartment where Sunday’s deadly blaze began acknowledged to The Post on Monday that he apparently pushed the front door back so far trying to save his daughter that it got stuck.
Stricken Mamadou Wague, 47, said he didn’t even realize the door was left open until he was told about it by fire officials later.
Authorities said earlier Monday that the apartment door was supposed to be self-closing but may have “malfunctioned,’’ sending smoke soaring through the 19-story structure and killing at least 17 people.
“When you push the door all the way to the edge, it didn’t close by itself,” said Wague, who was in the apartment with his wife and eight kids when the fire started.
“It’s very sad. I don’t even remember the door staying open because all I could think about was getting everybody out,” the dad said.
“I actually thought later that the door had shut, but the fire department people told me it had stayed open.
“I feel very, very sorry for the people who died,” he said. “I’m praying for them. I’m praying for everybody.”
Wague, a native of The Gambia, said he was asleep shortly before 11 a.m. Sunday when his children’s screams woke him up after their electric space heater apparently sparked the blaze.
Nigga is be sorry as a muthafuka out this bitch, nigga. He ain’t mean be did do dat burn with da flame out this bitch. He finna operate dat door.

(Is that some kind of Wakandan space phone? Seriously, what?)
It’s logical that he wouldn’t know how to operate a door, because in Gambia, they don’t have doors.

I don’t want to seem like some kind of heartless monster, but I don’t care that these niggas done been burned up like a muthafuka out that bitch.
I mean honestly, I really don’t care. Like seriously, I don’t care – at all.
But it’s sad, I’m sure.
My feelings about it aren’t really the point.
The point is, this happened in my country – a colony of third worlders burned up a high rise building because they don’t know how doors work, let alone space heaters.
The point is, every single liberal who sees this story and feels really bad feels that way because they know these people are primitive and they view them as pitiful, i.e., pathetic.
And yet, those same liberals who view these people are pathetic and therefore in need of pity will also tell you that they are just exactly the same as us, and that our society is somehow “enriched” by bringing colonies of them into our country to live in high-rise buildings while feeding off of the wealth our ancestors created for us.
These people could and should be living in their own countries, in their huts, having happy lives doing dances and throwing spears at each other.

I have nothing against that.
I think it would be nice, if we were all living in our own countries, and we knew that there were some happy people in Africa doing happy dances.
The only reason you would take people out of that environment and bring them to live in a high-rise in the Bronx is if you were trying to hurt America. These people’s lives aren’t really made any better by any objective measurement of happiness. Go look at some videos of tribal people in Africa, doing their dances in their face paint – they all look much happier than this nigga on the space phone who burned that bitch up because he didn’t know how doors work.

The people who support flooding our country with these primitives are either stupid, malicious, or both.
And again: no one ever would have even thought of something so weird as moving large numbers of Africans into New York City if it were not for Jewish influence in America.
Immigration is a Jewish agenda to hurt white people.
I’ll just leave this here:

Addendum (An Hour or So Later)​

After writing this article, and then taking a break to play video games, I started to feel bad about saying I don’t care that these people died. I still don’t really care that they died, but I do feel bad about saying it.
Here’s the thing I want to communicate clearly: you can’t really blame these third world savages for coming here after being invited to come here by those Jews and women. Inviting primitive hut people to New York City is like inviting a child from a poor family to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.

Of course he’s going to want to go when he unwraps that Golden Ticket (the “diversity visa lottery” is literally a Golden Ticket).
I also want to follow-up on the point that it really doesn’t increase the quality of their lives, in terms of basic human happiness and contentedness. The first generation might do okay, working some low wage job, going around smiling at everyone and everything, mystified as they try to understand the mysteries of door operation, but here’s the issue: their kids all end up with very serious problems. At a rate of almost 100%, the children of third world immigrants become involved in the worst human sub-cultures on the planet earth.
When it comes to African Africans, like those who done been burned up out that bitch, their children end up involved in American African culture, which means drugs, gang violence, public housing and wallowing in eternal poverty and crime.
The children of Latin American immigrants don’t do much better, abandoning the religious and family-based culture of their parents for what is sociologically classified as “Nigger Lite.” They have a slightly lower violence and drug use/dealing rate than the blacks, but they have the same issues with family formation and welfare dependence. At best, they get lost in the consumerist culture, and live totally meaningless lives.
All this is to say: when they got that Golden Ticket, they did not know what kind of ride they were signing up for.

The bottom line is this: it is not about the brown people, and focusing on them is absurd. It’s funny to talk about them, and it’s important to point out how totally incompatible they are with Western civilization, and how destructive they are. But when it comes down to it, this is about two groups of people: Historical Christendom (now somewhat regrettably simply classified as “white”) and the killers of Christ, the Jews.
If bullets are flying at you, you don’t say “we need to figure out a way to slow the velocity of these bullets,” you say “we need to stop the person with the gun who is firing these bullets at us.”
These brown immigrants are bullets being fired at white people by the Jews. That’s really all they are. Discussing them as conscious agents is a waste of time and a distraction from the Jewish problem.

Cabby says wife and four stick niglets are in induced comas after Bronx fire​

By
Georgett Roberts and

Ben Kesslen

January 11, 2022 9:18pm
Updated

bronx-fire-surviors-412.jpg
Mohamed Kamra said his wife and four children have been in induced comas since the Sunday morning blaze at the 19-story Twin Parks North West complex. ZUMAPRESS.com

A cab driver said Tuesday that his wife and four children are all in induced comas after the family’s apartment was inundated with smoke in Sunday’s Bronx blaze.
“It’s a miracle that my family is still here,” said Gambian-born Mohamed Kamra, 58.
His spouse, Fotoumatia Fofana, 30 and children Mariam, 8, Jabu, 6, Abubakary, 3, and Ceesay, just 10 months, are all on ventilators, unable to breath on their own, because of smoke inhalation.
“I thank Allah that my family made it, and I am hopeful with his continued blessing … they will make a full recovery,” the dad said.
Kamra was working in New Jersey two hours away Sunday when he got word that the apartment building was on fire. By the time he returned to The Bronx, his family had already been rescued from their 15th-floor home by the FDNY and transported to the hospitals — Jabu and her mother to St Barnabas, then Cornell, and the other three children to Jacobi.
Kamra went to Jacobi, where he found three of his children but not his wife and one of his daughters.
A photo of Fatoumatia as a phone lockscreen and baby Ceesay in the apartment before the fire.Fatoumatia and her 10-month-old Ceesay, like the other three children, are on ventilators, unable to breath on their own, because of smoke inhalation.
“I was frantic when I could not find my wife and Jabu,” he said.
Eventually he was able to locate the two.
Now he spends his days shuffling between the hospitals to keep vigil at his family’s bedsides.
“I am doing OK, taking it day by day,” he said, and “hopeful” about the progress his family is showing.
His wife, Fotoumatia, is taking more time to heal, which the cabby thinks is because she was more badly injured trying to save their four children.
“I believe she was carrying two and the other two could walk on their own,” Kamra said. “I know she would put them first, she would take care of them before she takes care of herself, even if it risks her life. She would give her life for them, as I would.”
Kamra with Jabu, and Jabu and Abubakary in family photos.Kamra says he is “taking it day by day” and spends his time shuffling between the hospitals to be with his family.
The father is able to communicate with his daughter Jabu from her hospital bed.
“Jabu moves her head up and down when you ask her questions. I said to her, ‘Jabu, I love you. Do you love Daddy?’ And she will shake her head.”
Mariam and one of her brothers, Abubakary, are specials-needs children. Christina Kharem, a social worker on the support team at Mariam’s school, set up a GoFundMe for the family.
“Mariam is a beautiful and happy child. She has grown so much since she came to our school, and we are so grateful and hopeful she will be OK,” Kharem told the Post.
Meanwhile, the dad Kamra said heating has been a problem in the building — where authorities believe a space heater sparked the blaze that killed 17.
Building where fire occurred. At least 17 people died in the blaze Sunday morning at the Twin Parks North West complex in the Bronx.ZUMAPRESS.com
“Sometimes there’s heat, and sometimes there’s none. Sometimes some of the rooms are hot, and some are cold,” he said.
“It has been very cold out, and it’s understandable to keep your family warm people will use space heaters,” he said.
The cab driver hasn’t been allowed back in the building and said he’s now suffering financially.
“I can’t go to work. I’m going from one hospital to another taking care of my family,” he said.

All 17 people who died in tragic Bronx fire identified by officials​

By
Tina Moore,

Larry Celona and

Mark Lungariello

January 12, 2022 12:55am
Updated

Officials on Tuesday released the names of the 17 people who died in Sunday’s tragic high-rise fire in the Bronx.
The victims include eight children ranging in age from 2 to 12 years old. The oldest fatality was a 50-year-old mother.
All of the victims died of smoke inhalation, according to the medical examiner’s office, which has begun releasing some of the dead to funeral homes.
Here are the people who died in the blaze and what we know about them:

The Dukureh family:​

Five members of one family perished in the fire: Haji Dukuray, 49, his wife, Haja Dukureh, 37, and their children, Mustapha Dukureh, 12, Mariam Dukureh, 12, and Fatoumata Dukureh, 5.
Haja Dukureh’s uncle, who shares the name Haji Dukuray with the patriarch, said his family is originally from The Gambia and relatives are mulling whether to bury the family in New York or in the African nation.
Haja Dukureh, 37Family Handout
Mariam Dukureh, 12Family Handout
Mustapha Dukureh, 12.Mustapha Dukureh, 12Family Handout
Fatoumata Dukureh, 5Family Handout
Haji Dukuray, 49.Haji Dukuray, 49Family Handout

The Drammeh family:​

Four members of the Drammeh family were also killed in the blaze: Fatoumata, 50, Foutmala, 21, Muhammed, 12, and Nyumaaisha, 19.
Patriarch Ishak Drammeh, 50, was working in Ohio on the day of the fire and is now mourning the loss of his wife of 28 years and children.
Muhammed died just one day after his 12th birthday. Foutmala was a University of Buffalo student and Nyumaaisha was a hospital worker, their grieving dad said.
Bronx fire victim Nyumaaisha Drammeh, left, pictured with survivor Fatimah Drammeh, right, and Yagub Drammeh, background.Bronx fire victim Nyumaaisha Drammeh (left), pictured with survivor Fatimah Drammeh (right) and Yagub Drammeh (background).
Bronx fire victims Fatoumala Drammeh, left, her mother Fatoumata Drammeh, center, are pictured with their surviving sister and daughter Fatima Drameh, right.Bronx fire victims Fatoumala Drammeh (left) and her mother, Fatoumata Drammeh (center), are pictured with their surviving sister and daughter, Fatima Drameh.
Muhammed Drammeh, right, seen with Fatoumata Drammeh, center, and surviving relative Fatimah Drammeh.Muhammed Drammeh (right), with Fatoumata Drammeh (center) and surviving relative Fatimah Drammeh.

see also​

The NYPD on Tuesday released the names of the 17 people who died in Sunday’s tragic high-rise fire in The Bronx.

The faces of Bronx fire victims​

Fatoumata Tunkara and son Omar Jambang:​

Tunkara, a 43-year-old mother, and one of her five children, 6-year-old Omar Jambang, were identified among the victims.
Tunkara is survived by her four other children, ranging in age from 9 to 19 years old, according to a GoFundMe page raising money for the family.
The family is planning to send Tunkara and her child’s remains back home to her native Gambia and establish a foundation to support her surviving children.
Fatoumata Tunkara, 43.Fatoumata Tunkara, 43

Sera Janneh

Janneh was a 27-year-old student at Lehman College.
Her father, Tijan Janneh, said his family fled the building but were separated as they faced dark smoke and weren’t able to see.
“Later on they just broke the news to us,” he said. “My daughter is gone.”
Sera Janneh, 27GoFundMe

Haouwa Mahamadou

At just 5 years old, Mahamadou is among the youngest victims of the blaze.

Seydou Toure

Police identified Toure, 12, an eighth-grader, as one of those who perished in the inferno.
Seydou Toure, 12.Seydou Toure, 12Gregory P. Mango

Hagi Jawara and Isatou Jabbie​

Jawara, 47, and his wife, 31-year-old Isatou Jabbie, leave behind four children.
Jawara’s brother, Yusupha Jawara, said relatives are waiting for the “appropriate” time to tell the kids that their parents died.
“[Jabbie] loved her kids to death,” Jawara said. “The kids were her life.
“Right now, we are trying to get the bodies and arrange the funerals and how to break the news to [the children],” Jawara said. “Then, as a family, we will sit down together and figure out what will happen next.”
Hagi Jawara, 47.Hagi Jawara, 47 gofundme
Isatou Jabbie, 31.Isatou Jabbie, 31gofundme

Ousmane Konteh​

At just 2 years old, little Ousmane is the youngest victim of the blaze.

Bronx Mass Casualty Event Was An Immigrant Fire, But The Media Doesn't Want You To Know
thumb_stixmike.jpg

Nicholas Stix
01/12/2022

On January 9, a fire killed eight kids and nine adults in an apartment building at 333 East 181st Street in the Bronx. At least 33 people were treated, with eight still being hospitalized.
Space heaters that had been running 24/7 for days caught fire in a duplex apartment, and when the father, Mamadou Wague, got his eight children and wife out, he left the apartment door wide open. Someone from his family or another, also left a stairwell door wide open, and the smoke got sucked through the open doors, which caused all the deaths, injuries, and destruction.
Already on the day of the fire, Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro was ready with a cover-up: The doors malfunctioned.
The doors functioned fine, until one or more African “immigrants,” living high off the hog off of Whites, didn’t bother to close them.
“Stricken Mamadou Wague, 47, said he didn’t even realize the door was left open until he was told about it by fire officials later.” [N.S.: Note the passive voice.]
“Authorities said earlier Monday that the apartment door was supposed to be self-closing but may have 'malfunctioned,' sending smoke soaring through the 19-story structure and killing at least 17 people.
[N.S.: New York actually passed a law in 2018, mandating that all apartment doors in structures with three or more units have to be automatically self-closing.]
“‘When you push the door all the way to the edge, it didn’t close by itself,’ said Wague, who was in the apartment with his wife and eight kids when the fire started.
“‘It’s very sad. I don’t even remember the door staying open because all I could think about was getting everybody out,’ the dad said.”
[“Bronx fire dad’s anguish: I pushed door so far open saving my daughter, it stuck,” by Reuven Fenton and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon, New York Post, January 11, 2022 8:35 a.m.]
Well, there you have it. How can you expect someone who’s trying to save his own family, which has caused a fire, from caring about whether anyone else lives or dies?
By the way, Mamadou Wague did not have the excuse that his luxury duplex was being cheated out of heat, which happens in many public housing projects in the city. But he just wasn’t getting the sweltering heat he was used to in Gambia.
“Many of those in the building were Muslim immigrants from the West African nation of The Gambia. The country's ambassador told CNN the building had been a beloved home for many such immigrants over the years.
“‘I think a lot of Gambians who came here, they stayed there before they moved anywhere else. This was kind of a first port of call, this building. It’s a building Gambians have a lot of attachment to,’ said Ambassador Dawda Docka Fadera, who traveled from Washington to New York after learning of the fire.
“The families in the apartment complex and neighborhood told CNN they were devastated. Some are still searching for loved ones, and all are desperate for answers.”
[Translations of “answers”=money.]
Media stories emphasized the doors fairy tale, claimed that the building had not been properly maintained, and fabulated that the smoke alarms hadn’t worked (they worked just fine). They were clearly setting the stage for gazillion-dollar lawsuits, in which the same grifters who have been sponging off of White American taxpayers to the tune of millions, will enrich themselves to the tune of additional millions, including Mamadou Wague.
Residents ignored the fire alarms:
“Daisy Mitchell, a 10th-floor resident who had just moved in to the building, was one of those who fled to safety. She told CNN’s Brianna Keilar her husband first smelled smoke and noticed the fire.
“‘The alarm was going off for a while so I didn’t pay it no mind,’ she said. ‘Then, when he opened the door and I went out there, I passed out — it was devastating, it was like really scary.’
“‘I went to the stairs, I opened the door, it just blew me back [to] the house. If I’d stayed out there for another three seconds, I would have been gone too.’
“It was common for fire alarms to go off in the building, 10th-floor resident Chanasia Hunter told CNN affiliate WABC.
[N.S.: Fire alarms don’t just “go off,” any more than guns do. ]
“‘So, when you don’t know that it’s a fire, like, you know, how would you supposed to know if it’s a fire or if it’s always going off?’ said Hunter, adding she got a call from a resident on the third floor warning her of the fire, then a knock on her door telling her and her family to get out….”
[Tenant Karen Dejesus said] “You’re being trapped somewhere. As you see, we have no fire escapes, obviously the building was not fireproof like we thought it was.”
[Space heater sparked fire in the Bronx that killed 17 people, including 8 children, by Susannah Cullinane, Brynn Gingras, Bonney Kapp, Mirna Alsharif and Amir Vera, CNN, Mon January 10, 2022]
All of the deaths were from smoke inhalation, due to tenants’ negligence. Nobody burned up, so I suppose the building remained within the definition of “fireproof.”
However, no building can be adequately protected against primitive, ghetto people.
New York City has underscored that illegal aliens from the building have nothing to fear from ICE; the city will break immigration law, as it always does.

Remembering An Earlier (2007) Immigrant Mass Casualty Fire In The Bronx

thumb_stixmike.jpg

Nicholas Stix
01/13/2022

Sunday’s fire, above, reminded some people of another mass casualty fire in the Bronx from March 2007, when one adult and three children perished in a private house that was home to 22 Moslems (17 of them children), all related.
In 2007, Brenda Walker noted this story on VDARE.com, citing PajamasMedia blogger Daniel Rusin, who reported on the
tragic Bronx house fire that killed ten people on March 7, 2007. Moussa Magassa, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Mali who lost five of his children in the blaze, was discovered to have two wives living a floor apart. A subsequent investigation by the New York Times found polygamy to be an open secret in his immigrant community, with agencies that serve it adhering to a policy of ”don’t ask, don’t tell.”
Instead of being prosecuted for bigamy, for causing the situation that led to so many deaths, or having his immigration status investigated, the husband was treated like a “victim” by the New York media and politicians [Space heater blamed in Bronx fire, by Jim Fitzgerald, Associated Press/Seattle Times, originally published March 9, 2007 at 12:00 a.m., updated March 9, 2007]
In 2007, Bill O'Reilly got a floor plan of the death house, and wrote
Let me ask you a direct question. Is it compassionate for New York, a sanctuary city, to allow 17 children to live in a dumpy tenement with five adults? Twenty-two people sharing three small bathrooms and six tiny bedrooms? Is that compassionate?
The building had poor heat, no fire escapes, no sprinklers. Yet social services didn't visit the dwelling, because the city of New York has a don't ask policy toward all foreign born residents.
So the next time you hear the compassion crowd bloviate, show them pictures of people dying in the Arizona desert and being buried here in New York City.
[Illegal Immigration Reaches Critical Mass, by Bill O’Reilly, FoxNews.com, March 14, 2007]
James Fulford wrote here that
lack of immigration enforcement creates a "moral hazard" for illegal immigrants, who are rewarded for the dangerous things they do to get to America, and then not punished for the dangerous things they do here.
David Brock's thought police at MediaMatters have already condemned O'Reilly for saying this, and Keith Olberman has awarded him a "Worst Person" gold medal for saying this, so he must be doing something right.

Why the f uck are we importing niggers?

Son wants answers in Bronx explosion that killed 77-year-old mom: ‘I’m in shock’​

By
Joshua Rhett Miller

January 19, 2022 11:05am
Updated

NYPD releases footage of Bronx explosion

A grieving son is searching for answers in the suspected gas explosion that decimated a Bronx home, killing his mother and injuring his aunt, along with seven others Tuesday.
Martha Dagbatsa, 77, had lived at the Fox Street home in Longwood since the 1990s when she came to the US from her native Ghana, her son Anthony Aime told The Post Wednesday while at the scene of the devastation.
“I just want to understand what’s going on,” Aime said. “The house that I grew up in is no longer there and the houses adjacent to them are burnt to the studs. It’s like garbage at this point.”
Dagbatsa and her sister, Evelyn Amoateng, 68, lived on the second and third floors at 869 Fox Street, where Martha was sleeping at the time when the blast happened at 11 a.m. following a suspected gas leak.
Dagbatsa was “pulled out of the home” after the explosion, Aime said. She was later pronounced dead at Jacobi Hospital, where Amoateng was treated for minor scrapes and bruises before being released, he said.
Firefighters and investigators were on hand early Wednesday still processing the scene as Aime tries to learn more about what led up to the deadly blast.
Fire damage.Martha Dagbatsa had lived at the Fox Street home in Longwood since the 1990s.G.N. Miller
The 47-year-old Mount Vernon man spoke to his mother just two days before she died, he said.
“It’s surreal, it’s f–ked up,” Aime said. “I’m still processing everything. I get a call yesterday that there was a fire and that she’s gone. I’m still in shock, I’m in shock.”
Dagbatsa was a “very kind, very patient” woman who was a devout Christian, Aime said.
Firefighters.“The house that I grew up in is no longer there and the houses adjacent to them are burnt to the studs,” Anthony Aime said.G.N. Miller
“It’s just a tragic story,” he said. “She devoted herself to the Lord and became a deaconess.”
The “faithful warrior” had attended Church of the Revelation in the Bronx, according to a Facebook post.
“Martha Dagbatsa, we will miss you!” associate pastor Diana Adour wrote early Wednesday. “Please keep her family in your prayers.”
Fire damage.The explosion and fire happened at 11 a.m. Tuesday following a suspected gas leak.G.N. Miller Scene of fire.Firefighters responded to the “tragic and frightening” scene within four minutes following the large explosion.G.N. Miller
FDNY officials said firefighters responded to the “tragic and frightening” scene within four minutes following the large explosion. Gas service was shut down throughout the entire block Tuesday as investigators processed the massive scene.
“We are continuing to investigate and will be on scene sifting through the rubble for any evidence,” FDNY officials said in a statement.

The exact cause of the blast remained under investigation early Wednesday, FDNY officials told The Post.
Aime, meanwhile, said he went to his former childhood home to “figure out how this all happened” and whether carelessness or neglect played a role.
“That’s why I’m here, that’s the million-dollar question,” he said. “I’m hearing it takes a few months to figure out an answer, but I need to know what caused this explosion to his if there’s any negligence. We just want to find out what happened.”
The scene was hard to take in, Aime said, as the home was completely destroyed, with soot covering most of the sidewalk. The incident comes just over a week after an inferno at a Bronx high-rise killed nine adults and eight children ranging in age from 2 to 50.
“I’m getting to the bottom of this, one way or another,” Aime said. “We just want answers as to why; there’s nothing left, everything is burnt to the ground.”

According to a new Pew report, 12% of black residents of the US are now foreign-born immigrants and an additional 9% of blacks have at least one black immigrant parent.

Parents of sisters killed in Bronx fire hire high-powered lawyer Ben Crump​

By
Priscilla DeGregory

January 24, 2022 7:04pm
Updated

Ben Crump
Ben Crump believes the deadly Bronx fire could have been prevented and actions should be taken. REUTERS

The parents of two kids who died in this month’s deadly Bronx blaze have hired race-baiting hack lawyer Ben Crump.
Mahamadou Hassimi and Safietou Bocoum lost their daughters Seydou Toure, 12, and Haowa Mahamadou, 5, in the high-rise fire, which left a total of 17 people dead. The girls’ brother, Ibrahim Mahamadou, 17, is still hospitalized in critical condition.
The parents hired Crump — who has previously repped clients such as the family of George Floyd — to represent them as they explore legal action, his office said in a release Monday.
“It is beyond tragic and heartbreaking that this family suffered these unthinkable losses,” Crump said. “Even as the investigation into the causes and contributing factors continues, it’s already clear that this was a preventable tragedy.”
“This devastating event was among the top three worst residential fires in 40 years,” he said. “Lessons that should have prevented the scope of this tragedy clearly were not learned or applied.
Bronx fire buildingThe Bronx building fire is considered one of New York’s deadliest blazes in decades, killing 17 people.AP Ben CrumpThe family’s anticipated legal action will receive a lot of coverage with Ben Crump representing them. AP
“We will work to make sure this case drives meaningful, life-saving changes as part of our efforts to seek justice for this family.”
Just two days after the Jan. 9 fire, other tenants and married couple Rosa Reyes and Felix Martinez filed a $3 billion class-action suit against the owners of the 333 E. 181st St. building, claiming the landlords should be held liable for negligence as they “had actual notice of defective conditions” at the property.
The couple also filed a notice of claim against the city saying it was also responsible for the blaze.

Nine hurt in early morning NYC apartment fire​

By
Dean Balsamini

February 5, 2022 11:02am
Updated

The fire broke out in a third-floor apartment of the six-story building on Grand Avenue.
The fire broke out in a third-floor apartment of the six-story building on Grand Avenue in the Bronx.

Nine people were injured Saturday morning in a two-alarm fire in a Bronx apartment building, officials said.
The fire broke out in a third-floor apartment of the six-story building on Grand Avenue, near Fordham Road in University Heights just after 6 a.m., the FDNY said.
None of the injuries were considered life-threatening, fire officials said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, the FDNY said.
More than 100 firefighters responded to the blaze.

11 hurt, including 3-year-old girl, in Brooklyn blaze​

By
Amanda Woods

March 3, 2022 11:55am
Updated

Girl, 3, among 11 hurt in Williamsburg blaze

Eleven people were hurt – including a 3-year-old girl – when a blaze erupted in a Brooklyn apartment early Thursday morning, according to police and fire officials.
Firefighters responded around 1:45 a.m. to the Williamsburg building on Moore Street near Manhattan Avenue, where the flames broke out on the third floor, the FDNY said.
Video posted to Citizen shows what appears to be locals setting up a ladder on the street – moments before several pops rang out and a huge fireball erupted.
A total of nine civilians and two firefighters were hurt, according to the FDNY.
Five of the civilians were hospitalized, including the toddler, who suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to Woodhull Medical Center in critical but stable condition, cops said.
Five of the civilians were hospitalized, including the toddler.Five of the civilians were hospitalized.Seth Gottfried A total of nine civilians and two firefighters were hurt.A total of nine civilians and two firefighters were hurt.Seth Gottfried Video posted to Citizen shows what appears to be locals setting up a ladder on the street.Video posted to Citizen shows what appears to be locals setting up a ladder on the street.Seth Gottfried
Three women – 45, 47 and 57 years old – and a 43-year-old man went to the same hospital, all in stable condition, police said.
The firefighters, who sustained minor injuries, were also hospitalized, officials said.
Nine people were displaced as a result of the fire — which may have been sparked by a space heater, cops said.
Residents of the building on the street after with first responders.Residents of the building on the street after with first responders.Seth Gottfried The fire broke out around 1:45 a.m..The fire broke out around 1:45 a.m..Seth Gottfried Eleven people suffered minor injuries.Eleven people suffered minor injuries.Seth Gottfried
The blaze was placed under control just before 3 a.m., according to the FDNY.

Woman sets NYC apartment on fire, injuring 8, after argument with mom​

By
Tina Moore

March 9, 2022 1:01pm
Updated

A spiteful daughter allegedly torched her Brooklyn apartment Tuesday night amid a fight with her mother — sparking a blaze that left the older woman with serious burns and seven others injured, officials said.
Anna Lambert, 34, was arrested on second-degree arson charges for allegedly starting the inferno in the third-floor home she shares with her mom at 3303 Brighton 13th Street in Coney Island, police said.
Lambert and the older woman got into a spat around 9 p.m. — prompting the daughter to go into a bedroom, lock the door and pour “an unknown substance on the door,” a police spokesman said.
The mother then saw smoke pouring from the room, the spokesman said.
It took more than 100 FDNY smoke eaters to put out the flames — and firefighters from Ladder 161 and Ladder 169 used a portable ladder to rescue the “panicked” mom from the third floor, an FDNY spokesman said.
A two alarm fire was reported at a Brighton Beach apartment on March 8, 2022 after residents heard the mother and daughter having a massive falling out.A two alarm fire was reported at a Brighton Beach apartment on March 8, 2022 after residents heard the mother and daughter having a massive falling out. Wayne Carrington Fire units attempt to put out the blaze that was started on March 8, 2022 in a Brighton Beach apartment that was set after a disagreement between mother and daughter. Fire units attempt to put out the blaze that was started on March 8, 2022, in a Brighton Beach apartment that was set after a disagreement between a mother and a daughter. Wayne Carrington Five other residents and two firefighters were injured in the blaze at the 25-unit building, including a child, who was seriously hurt.Five other residents and two firefighters were injured in the blaze at the 25-unit building, including a child, who was seriously hurt.Wayne Carrington According to police, the daughter“poured an unknown substance on the door before the flames broke out. According to police, the daughter “poured an unknown substance on the door” before the flames broke out. Wayne Carrington
She suffered serious but not life-threatening burns, according to fire officials.
“One member climbed up and guided her down,” the spokesman said. “There was no other way for her to get out of the apartment.”
Five other residents and two firefighters were injured in the blaze at the 25-unit building, including a child, who was seriously hurt. The fire was extinguished by 10:30 p.m.
It took more than 100 FDNY smoke eaters to put out the flames -- and firefighters from Ladder 161 and Ladder 169 used a portable ladder to rescue the panicked mom.It took more than 100 FDNY smoke eaters to put out the flames — and firefighters from Ladder 161 and Ladder 169 used a portable ladder to rescue the “panicked” mom.Wayne Carrington
Lambert has one prior arrest for a domestic incident with her mother, a police source said.
The FDNY posted about the dramatic rescue on Instagram. “There was heavy smoke and fire coming from the apartment windows,” firefighter Steven McGuire, from Ladder 161, said in the post. “An individual from that apartment was at the window frantically screaming for help.”
Firefighters transport the injured residents to a hospital once the flames were under control.Firefighters transport the injured residents to a hospital once the flames were under control.Wayne Carrington
He and other FDNY members grabbed a 35-foot ladder and climbed up to help the mom.
“I was able to climb up the ladder and reassure this individual not to jump, we needed to do this as quickly but safely as possible,” he said. “Once we removed the individual from the window, fire took hold of the entire apartment. It was a team effort and without everyone doing their part the outcome could have been much worse.”

Back