Violent perv thwarted by good Samaritans during attempted NYC sex assault: ‘He crossed the line’

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Violent perv thwarted by good Samaritans during attempted NYC sex assault: ‘He crossed the line’​

By
Steven Vago and
Amanda Woods

Published Sep. 14, 2023, 4:58 p.m. ET

More On: good samaritan

A violent creep was thwarted when he attempted to sexually assault a woman on a residential block in Brooklyn and was stopped by good Samaritans who caught him in the act, cops said Thursday.
The suspect was chatting with a 36-year-old woman as she walked on Clarkson Avenue near Flatbush Avenue in Prospect-Lefferts Gardens around 9:40 p.m. Aug. 28, authorities said.
But the interaction quickly turned violent when the sicko pushed the woman to the ground and climbed on top of her while trying to choke her, cops said.
One of the good Samaritans, who did not want to be identified, told The Post Wednesday she’d just left her apartment to walk her dog when she heard someone yell “911!”
She turned around and saw the man on top of the woman on the ground.

Photos show the man suspected in the Aug. 28 sex assault on Clarkson Avenue near Flatbush Avenue in Prospect-Lefferts Gardens.The sick attack happened on Clarkson Avenue near Flatbush Avenue in Prospect-Lefferts Gardens around 9:40 p.m. Aug. 28.NYPD
“They were kinda talking, but every once in a while, she would be like, ‘911!”, the passerby said.

At that point, the Samaritan said the victim asked her attacker, “Are you just going to do this with her right there?” — referring to the witness.

“I was like, ‘I don’t think she wants this,'” the bystander said. “It looked like he was having sex on top of her….He was on top of her and kinda digging at her shirt, trying to take her shirt off.”

Meanwhile, the victim continued to yell for the cops, according to the onlooker.

Photos show the man suspected in the Aug. 28 sex assault on Clarkson Avenue near Flatbush Avenue in Prospect-Lefferts Gardens.A female bystander and two men stepped in before the assailant fled the scene. NYPD
At one point, the assailant tried to expose himself to the victim, cops said.

That’s when the witness asked two men nearby for help – and one of them intervened, separating the two.

“As I was slowly walking closer to see what was happening, these other two were also walking up, so I pulled them into the situation,” the bystander said. “Because I didn’t want to handle it alone, is the real truth.”

The victim then began to yell at her attacker, the witness said.

In return, the assailant took a “swing at the woman” as one of the male Samaritans held them apart, according to the female onlooker.

A general view of Clarkson Avenue near Flatbush Avenue in Prospect-Lefferts Gardens.A good Samaritan described the victim as “visibly very shaken up.”Google Maps
The suspect then took off, heading east on Clarkson Avenue.

The victim, who was clearly distraught, refused medical attention for her minor injuries, according to cops and the witness.

“She was visibly very shaken up, alternating between being quiet, then yelling and upset, then crying,” the female Samaritan said.

Meanwhile, one of the men who had stepped in “hung around the whole time,” according to the woman who intervened.

“The guy who stayed was angry that a guy would do that to a woman, kept saying he better watch out, and police better bring a body bag next time,” she said. “He clearly went into community protective mode. And the woman seemed comforted by his presence.”

The victim said she’d met her attacker near Prospect Park and they had been “talking, smoking and drinking, and walking around the neighborhood together,” the woman added.

“They were walking back this way together and they began engaging, in kind of making out, and what’s clear is that he crossed the line.”

Back