Registered
Teen Kil
led After Apparent Dine And Ditch
Parents Speak Out About Fatal Shooting

aaronbrownRIP.jpg

POSTED: 6:20 am EST February 27, 2006UPDATED: 6:25 am EST February 28, 2006

http://www.nbc4.com/newsarchive/7497311/detail.html
ALEXANDRIA, Va. --
The parents of a man who was shot and killed by an off-duty Alexandria police officer early Saturday morning said their only child will be missed, but not forgotten.

Aaron Brown, 18, of Springfield, was killed by an officer working as a security guard at an IHOP restaurant on Duke Street. The officer has been identified as 13-year veteran Carl Stowe.

Police said that an employee told Stowe at about 3:40 a.m. that a group of six customers had left without paying. Spokeswoman Amy
Bertsch s
aid Stowe attempted to stop the customers from fleeing in a Jeep Grand Cherokee and that he fired at the vehicle when it traveled toward him.

Brown, a back-seat passenger, was hit by a bullet and died at the scene. Three other people in the Jeep were not hurt.
Brown's parents said police told them the officer fired four to five shots at the Jeep.

News4 has learned that one of the teenagers allegedly inside the Jeep wrote about the incident on a Web site.

"Aaron Robert Brown was taken from us because of an incident involving an off-duty cop and an attempt to dine and ditch ..." the teen wrote. "I sat in the passenger seat of the Jeep watching him die, knowing that I could do nothing about it. ... He didn't deserve to die. No one does over a $26 food bill."

While the FBI investigates the shooting, Brown's parents said the incident could have been avoided.

"It should not have
happened," said Brown's mother, Cherie. "It was senseless and completely out of contr
ol. It just happened so fast that those kids were just, you know, it was a situation they didn't know how to handle. And suddenly it just was out of control. And in an instant, they killed my son."

Brown was an Eagle Scout and a talented musician who loved to play guitar. The Annandale High School graduate was attending Northern Virginia Community College. His parents said he probably would have become a music teacher.

"He loved it," Jeff Brown said. "And there was nothing more wonderful than to watch him and listen to him play."

Aaron was the Browns' only child.

"He was the light of my life, the apple of my eye," Cherie Brown said. "And he'll always be in our hearts."

Stephen Smith, 19, of Alexandria, who was driving the vehicle, has been charged with driving while intoxicated and possession of m
arijuana.

Stowe has been placed on administrative leave.

Fatal Shooting In Alexandria Fuels Debate On Police Policy
<H2></H2>

By <span style="color:#0c4790">Jamie Stockwell and Carol Morello
http://projects.washingtonpost.com /staff/email/Jamie+Stockwell+and+Carol+Morello/Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, February 28, 2006; Page A01

The Alexandria police officer who fatally shot a teenage passenger in a sport-utility vehicle over the weekend was identified yesterday as Carl Stowe, a 13-year member of the force, and the shooting has reignited a debate over using deadly force on approaching cars.

Alexandria police officers are allowed to shoot at a moving vehicle if they feel their lives are in danger and no bystanders are at risk -- but only if they have exhausted all other means of defense, including moving from
the vehicle's path, according to the department's use-of-force policy.

Whether Stowe, who fatally shot 18-year-old Aaron Brown as he rode in the back seat of a Jeep Cherokee, followed that policy is the subject of criminal and internal police investigations, authorities said yesterday.

"We will look at all the facts and all
the witness accounts before pursuing any other charges in this case," said Amy Bertsch, a police spokeswoman, who added that Alexandria Commonwealth's Attorney S. Randolph Sengel will make the final decision about whether charges are warranted against anyone, including the officer, involved in the incident.

Stowe was working off duty, providing security at an International House of Pancakes when he fired the shots. According to police, after he was told that four teenagers had skipped out of the restaurant without paying their bill, Stowe tried to stop the SUV in which they were riding and fired on it as it allegedly bore down o
n him. Police would not say how many shots were fired.

"We are looking at the incident from a criminal standpoint, including what happened, whether any crimes were committed and, if so, what they were and by whom," Bertsch said. "The other investigation is internal, and that addresses the officer's actions and whether they were within policy."

In an account aired last nig
ht by WRC (Channel 4), the station quoted someone described as a passenger in the SUV as saying that as many as five shots were fired.

"As we round the corner, the cop runs in front of us and starts to fire rounds at the Jeep," the reported passenger was quoted as writing on a Web site. "Four rounds go by and [the driver] swerved to avoid the bullet and loses control of his Jeep, and the cop continues to fire his gun."

The purported witness was not identified.

Stephen J. Smith, 19, the driver of the SUV, has been charged with driving while intox
icated and possession of marijuana. He was released on $1,500 bond Saturday afternoon and is scheduled to appear Friday in Alexandria District Court.

According to court documents, Smith, 19, failed three of five field sobriety tests after the incident and registered a blood alcohol level of 0.02 more than two hours after the 3:40 a.m. shooting. Virginia law allows officers to charge anyone younger than 21 -- the state's legal drinking age -- with dr
unken driving if even a trace amount of alcohol is found.

Alexandria's policy on shooting at a moving vehicle is similar to most Washington area jurisdictions. But some big-city police departments, including the District's, restrict the practice because of the risk to bystanders. Many public safety experts agree that policies allowing officers to shoot at moving cars are risky and antiquated.

<a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/27/AR2006022701515_2.html" target="_blank">http://www.w
ashingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...22701515_2.html</a>

Hey Guru2000

CONFIRMED: Cop is a NIGGER...according to one of the CITY OFFICES and they are protecting his ass...

THIS IS CALLED COONSENSUAL MURDER OF A WHITE YOUTH!

All this NIGGER had to do was radio, get a license number but that takes BRAINS and I am betting this NIGGER HATES WHITES anyhow...racist ape, and thought this was a prime opportunity to get away with MURDERING WHITES...

Now watch the NIGGER get off free .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(War Eagle @ Feb 28 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]71624[/snapback]</div>
Hey Guru2000

CONFIRMED: Cop is a NIGGER...according to one of the CITY OFFICES and they are protecting his ass...

THIS IS CALLED COONSENSUAL MURDER OF A WHITE YOUTH! [/b]

Thanks alot! I knew it from the get go. They have been covering this cops ass like no other. His name was just released today. This happened a few days ago. These boys shouldnt have done what they did, but this nigger put himself in front of a a vehicle and shot 5 times over a restaurant tab, when he could have wrote the tag down and had another cop pick it up a mile down the road. This jig needs to be dispatched immediately.

http://www.nbc4.com/video/7553455/index.ht..._08000103012006

Here is a video of a couple of the other white kids in the SUV at the time.

They say the cop started shooting right when they drove around the corner of the building, more than 30 feet away and continued firing into the hood, door, quarter panel and killing this one promising white kid.

This nigger is going down for this. They better charge his ass with muder.

Police Union Urges Patience In Alexandria Shooting Investigation
</span>Family, Witnesses Discuss Fatal IHOP Shooting

POSTED: 9:50 am EST March 1, 2006UPDATED: 2:22 pm EST March 1, 2006

http://www.nbc4.com/news/7576111/detail.htmlALEXANDRIA, Va. -- Police officers in Alexandria are asking for the public's patience while the shooting of a teenager by an off-duty officer is investigated.

Alexandria police union president Sean McGowan said that the investigation into the shooting of 18-year-old Aaron Brown will take time and that what he calls a "rush to judgment" won't ease the pain of anyone involved.

Jim Lay, an attorney for Officer Carl Sto
we, said he feels an investigation will show that Brown's death was a "horrible" tragedy but that it will also show that Stowe acted within police regulations.

Stowe, a 13-year ve
teran, was working security part-time at an IHOP restaurant when he followed a group of teens that left without paying. He fired at their SUV, killing Brown, who was a passenger.

Three witnesses who said they were inside the SUV Aaron Brown was shot and killed in described what they said happened Tuesday afternoon.

"I didn't hear him say 'Stop,'" Aaron Daughtrey said of the officer. "No hand held up, nothing like that. It was really right when we started coming around the corner to exit the IHOP when the shots were fired."

Daughtrey said the Jeep was not in front of Stowe whe
n the officer started firing.

"The Jeep was still coming around the turn when he started firing," Daughtrey said.

<span style="color:#000099">"I don't know why a cop would open fire on a vehicle full of kids, when, really, what should have been done was taken the tags down and called it in," Daughtrey said

Brown's father reacted Tuesday night to the witnesse
s' account.

"It's torture to know that that's the way it played out," Jeff Brown said.

Sources told News4 that at least four shots were fired into the Jeep: one into the grill; one into the hood; one into the rear, side door behind the driver; and one into the rear quarter panel.

"Immediately after, we're yelling at the cop, telling him, 'He's not breathing. He's shot,'" Daughtrey said.
"At that point, he told us to shut up."

"We're really disturbed that that's the true sequence of events," Jeff Brown said. "It's unjustifiable. We don't understand how it could happen. A trained, professional law-enforcement officer should be able to control himself better than to empty his gun into a moving vehicle."

The Browns said the Alexandria police chief visited them.

"They promised us, and we really want to believe that we are going to get a thorough and fair investigation," Jeff Brown said.

The FBI also is investigating the shooting.

"Anyone who has policies that all
ow officers to fire into vehicles, they just really need to be reviewed," Jeff Brown said.

Stephen Smith, 19, of Alexandria, who was driving the vehicle, has been charged with driving while intoxicated and possession of marijuana.

Stowe has been placed on administrative leave.

<b
>The father of an only child prepares to bury his son who dies at the hands of a crazed baboon cop![/b] :tantrum:
aacf008c.jpg

I would hang this "cop" for killing this white kid!!! I have said for years that niggers have NO business being cops. Their monkey brains are not up to the task and they are criminals from birth anyway. What a curse this evil race is to us!! My sympathies to the family of the victim. Hang the boon today.

Gman

The more I think about this crime, the madder I am getting!!!! This stupid nigger "cop", shooting into a car full of white kids for skipping out on paying a bill, of course the knuckledragger nigger assh*le will say his life was in danger and that was why he shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (f**k) him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that was my kid that got shot, that nigger would be my prey!! I would hunt him down and finish it with him!!!

Gman

:afro: What we have here is a RACIST NIGGER mistakenly placed in a police uniform, who shoots a young WHITE MAN for NO GOOD REASON except that...he was WHITE, the NIGGER was wearing a "badge", part of the FOP, and therefore he thought he could shoot a "white boy" and get away with it.

My thinking is that given the "don't rush to judgement comments" by the WHITE VOP NIGGER LOVING spokesfag, that they are assuming that time will tone down the fact this NIGGER MURDERED Brown. For sure, no WHITES are calling this a HATE CRIME, a NIGGER ON WHITE CRIME, except us.

AND...what is amazing is that...the WHITE COPS in the Va. Police Union, know g*ddamn well this NIGGER broke the law and they are not doing a thing and DELIBERATELY MURDER
ED A YOUNG WHITE MAN. (f**k) them...chickensh*t cowards. And NIGGERS are always targeting their gutless asses whenever TNB opportunity arises.

Last but not least...we all know that this
NIGGER would never have shot at a car load of NIGGERS doing the same thing. I would bet my soul on that one cause in his 13 years of fine service, I don't see his name anywhere in the news SHOOTING FELLOW NIGGERS!

Aaron Brown had a brilliant mind compared to this low life nigger pig. He is dead because of NIGGER-VERSITY and the vile contamination of this country with NIGGERS and the dick sucking NIGGER LOVERS who allowed for NIGGERS to wear a police uniform. This NIGGER should be HUNG.

aaron-220.jpg

Death of alumnus continues to raise questions
Posted by: Thursday, March 2, 2006 2:19 PM
By Lekha Menon
Co-Editor in Chief
2005 alumnus Aaron Brown plays in last year&#
39;s Guitar Show with fellow graduate Jimmy Connor. Brown was killed Saturday morning by a police officer at an IHOP restaurant in Alexandria.

As students continue to mourn the death of AHS alumnus, Aaron Brown, the details of the night of his tragic death continue
to unfold. The president of Alexandria's police union, Sean McGowan, urged people to refrain from making rash assumptions about the events which led to Brown's death, according to a March 2 article in The Washington Post.

Brown was shot and killed at 3:40 a.m. on Saturday by Carl Stowe, an off-duty Alexandria police officer, at an International House of Pancakes on Duke Street. After being told that Brown and his five friends left the restaurant without paying, Stowe, who was working as a security officer, tried to stop the group of teenagers as they left in a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
According to Stowe, the car was coming toward him and he felt threatened and fired his gun eight times, fatally wounding Brown, a back-
seat passenger.

According to Alexandria department's use-of-force policy, Alexandria police officers have the right to fire at moving vehicles if they feel their lives are in danger and no bystanders are at risk. Officers can only shoot, if all other means of defense
have been used.

However, a March 1 Washington Post articles quoted one of the passengers in the car, 18-year-old Aaron Daughtrey, a close friend of Brown's, as saying that Stowe was not directly in front of their Jeep when he began to fire at them. According to Daughtrey, Stowe first opened fire when the Jeep was turning around the corner of a row of parked cars. Daughtrey estimated the distance between the officer and the SUV was 20 to 30 feet. According to police spokeswoman Amy Bertsch, The case remains under investigation.

The March 1 article suggests that the passengers in the car do not agree with Stowe's account of the event. Daughtrey told The Washington Post he did not hear or see any indication of t
he officer signaling the Jeep to stop. Daughtrey said the driver, 19-year-old Stephen J. Smith, attempted to swerve around the officer to dodge the bullets. Smith was later arrested and charged with drinking while intoxicated and possession of marijuana, then released on bond.

Cont
inued investigation of the shooting is awaiting pending ballistics tests, reconstruction of the scene and witness accounts. Alexandra Commonwealth's Attorney S. Randolph Sengel will then decide whether or not criminal charges are warranted. According to FBI Spokeswoman, Debbie Weierman, investigators began a preliminary review of the circumstances surrounding the shooting to determine whether or not to pen an FBI investigation.

" don't know why he opened fire on a vehicle full of kids when what he should have been doing was taking tags down, Daughtrey said.

According to the police, four or five bullets hit the car, one of which struck the driver's side rear door and one on a rear quarter-panel.<
br />
Susan Rauch, a 19-year-old who attended AHS and later Northern Virginia Community College with Brown, told the Post, The cop is to blame. I want his badge.

McGowen spoke in support of Stowe at a news conference on Wednesday. A deliberate, thoughtful, complete and objectiv
e investigation that considers all factors that led to this tragedy will be completed, and only then can we draw our conclusions.

McGowen spoke in support of Stowe at a news conference on Wednesday. A deliberate, thoughtful, complete and objective investigation that considers all factors that led to this tragedy will be completed, and only then can we draw our conclusions.

MEMO TO MCGOWEN: WAS THE NIGGER STOWE KIND ENOUGH TO USE VASOLINE?[

Back