WHITE Calif. woman recalls attack, rape by BLACK homeless POS APEMAP — released from jail hours earlier

NNN Reposter

Reposter

Calif. woman recalls attack, rape by homeless man — released from jail hours earlier

• The Bobster
    1666753042668.png

Senior News Editor since 2004​

nypost.com

Calif. woman recalls attack, rape by homeless man — released from jail hours earlier

A rape victim in California has shared a harrowing image of her facial injuries after she was assaulted by a homeless man who had been released from jail just a few hours earlier.
nypost.com
nypost.com

Calif. woman recalls attack, rape by homeless man — released from jail hours earlier​

October 25, 2022 9:29am
A rape victim in California has shared a harrowing image of her facial injuries after she was assaulted by a homeless man who had been released from jail just a few hours earlier.

Marissa Young, 44, of Torrance, was walking her dogs about 1 a.m. July 31 when she was attacked by Darrell Waters, 46, who was arrested days earlier on a misdemeanor charge of unlawful possession of a dagger, CBS News reported, citing police.

The homeless man was released on his own recognizance about 12 hours before the brutal assault, according to the report.
“I was tackled from behind, I heard nothing,” Young told KTLA. “I didn’t have headphones in, I wasn’t looking at my phone, I was just walking straight forward to my destination.”

She said the man pushed her to the ground and raped her.
Rape victim Marissa YoungMarissa Young, 44, of Torrance, California, was brutally assaulted by a man who had been released from jail hours earlier, police say.GoFundMe Rape victim Marissa YoungYoung was assaulted as she walked her dogs about 1 a.m. July 31.KTLA
“This person punched me in the face, closed-fisted, 15 to 20 times at least,” she told the outlet. “My nose is broken in four different places and this bone was shattered here [she points to her upper cheek area]. You can still see a lot of swelling in my face.”

Young told CBS News that she fought for her life for “probably three-quarters of the attack,” which lasted for almost 30 minutes.
“It was a crime of opportunity, because I’m of small stature and my back was to him,” she told the network.
Rape suspect Darrell WatersDarrell Waters, 46, has been charged with one felony count each of forcible rape, forcible oral copulation and sexual penetration by use of force.Torrance Police

Waters, who was captured about 24 hours later a couple of miles from the site of the attack, was charged with one felony count each of forcible rape, forcible oral copulation and sexual penetration by use of force, CBS News said.

Young expressed her anger that the suspect had been released from jail so soon after his earlier arrest.
Rape victim Marissa Young“My nose is broken in four different places and this bone was shattered here,” Young said.KTLA
“It’s horrifying to think that they were holding this guy with a huge knife that was taken off him that’s illegal and he was let go the next day even though he has a record,” she told KTLA.

The Torrance City Attorney’s Office told the station in a statement that Waters’ release by police was “in accordance with the penal code.”
City Attorney Patrick Sullivan told CBS News that his office “does not provide any input as to the custodial status of a misdemeanor arrestee until the case is presented for filing consideration.

1 of 3

Rape suspect seen on video

Darrell Waters, 46, was captured about 24 hours after the rape and charged with three felonies. Torrance Police

Rape victim Marissa Young

Marissa Young, 44, said she fought for her life during the 30-minute sexual assault. GoFundMe

Rape victim Marissa Young

"It was a crime of opportunity, because I'm of small stature and my back was to him," she said about the brutal attack. KTLA

“When the Torrance Police Department presented this case to our office for filing consideration on August 3, 2022, Mr. Waters had already been released from custody,” he added.

Young said that after undergoing five surgeries, she decided to come forward as a warning to other women in the community.

“Once something like this happens to you, it sort of changes your mind as to what the laws should be,” she told KTLA.

Her friends have launched a GoFundMe drive to help her cover the cost of living and medical expenses.

“She is the brightest and shiniest person I know,” her friend Debbie wrote.

“Small in stature but big in personality, she is kind, compassionate, loves and accepts others, and is also a fierce little pocket full of dynamite. In short, she is a beautiful woman with a bright future and was set to start nursing school in the fall,” she added in the fundraiser, which had raised more than $86,000 by Tuesday morning.

Those who find the truth hateful just hate hearing the truth.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Like Quote Reply

Back