White man gunned down near projects

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Daughter wonders whether he was carjacked while shopping Saturday

Photos of dead white man & daughter at link.

COVINGTON - James Clowers told his wife Saturday afternoon that he was going from his home in Crittenden south to the Dry Ridge Wal-Mart to pick up his favorite candy: fire-flavored Jolly Ranchers.

That's the last time Kay Clowers, 54, saw her husband alive. He was gunned down while sitting in his minivan just after 4 p.m. adjacent to the Jacob Price housing project in Covington, more than 20 miles to the north.

Assistant Chief Lt. Col. David Finan sai

d
residents in and near the subsidized-housing complex have not been cooperative with investigators trying to so
nlve the homicide. Finan said there are no suspects.

Now Clowers' daughter, Crystal Williams, wonders if her father was carjacked while searching for the hard-to-find candy.

"He loved fire ranchers," Williams, 27, of Independence, said. "He would drive all the way to Fort Wright or Florence if the Dry Ridge store was out."

Williams also wonders whether her father was trying to find the Alexandria Wal-Mart when he got in trouble.

"Unlike any other (man) I've met in the world, my father loved to shop," she said. "He loved to find deals at Wal-Mart. The big joke was he was going to retire and become a Wal-Mart greeter."

Clowers, 46, moved from Clearwater, Fla., to Crittenden with his wife
abou
t 19 months ago to be close to his first grandson.

"He loved being with his new grandson," Williams said. "That was very important to him at this point. He had never been called Papa before."

Williams said her father wa
s
talking about moving back to Florida to operate a parasail company. That's what he had done before moving to Northern Kentucky.

Clowers also was planning to return a rented DVD and buy a couple of items for his wife during his outing Saturday.

"He called from his cell phone and asked if we needed anything else," Williams said. "My mom said, 'No,' and told him to be home in time for dinner. That's the last anyone heard from him."

What's that smell, and I don't mean Wal-Mart.

T.N.B.

6467716_240X180.jpg

Teen Sought In Covington Homicide Arrested

COVINGTON, Ky. -- Covington police said a suspect in a weekend homicide has turned himself in.

James Clowers was shot and killed while driving near the Jacob Price housing complex Saturday morning.

Investigators said Thursday that they were looking for Howard Edwards Jr. , 17, in connection with the shooting. Officers said Edwards sometimes goes by Howard Evans or "Spud".

The motive for the shooting has not been made public.

Investigators said Friday morning that Edwards had turned himself in and is now held at the Juvenile Detention Facility on a murd

er charge.

Wake up America and smell the nigger.

T.N.B.

suspecta.jpg

Suspect Arrested For Minivan Driver's Murder

Covington Police have arrested the teen they say shot a minivan driver to death in the middle of the afternoon last weekend.

Howard Edwards, Jr., 17, turned himself in around 8:20 p.m. Thursday without incident.

Edwards is accused of shooting James Clowers, 46, of Crittenden, as Clowers drove through an area near 10th and Prospect Streets around 4 p.m. Saturday.

After the shooting, Clowers' van drove through a fence near the Jacob Price Housing Projects.

Edwards, aka Howard Evans or "Spud" is charged with murder.

He's being held at the juvenile detention facility in Campbell County.

Nigga done turned hisself in.
Wak
e up America and smell the nigger.

T.N.B.

Teen sought in fatal shooting

Photo of nigger and white victim at link.

COVINGTON - Howard Edwards Sr. has a message for his 17-year-old son: "There is no sense in running."

Investigators said Thursday that they have a juvenile arrest warrant for Howard Edwards Jr. in what they call the botched drug deal and fatal shooting of James Clowers, 46, of Crittenden, Saturday.

The elder Edwards said he was unaware his son was on the run until a reporter called his Alexander City, Ala., home.

Edwards Jr. lived with his mother in Covington.

"He needs to get in contact with me or turn himself in," the elder Edwards said. "I can't say anything more. I don't know

what's going on. I'm going to try to get in touch with him."

The father said
he has li
ved in Alabama for more than a decade and last talked to his son a month ago.

A criminal complaint used to obtain the warrant said Edwards Jr. shot Clowers during a botched robbery in an illegal drug transaction, said Ken Easterling, chief prosecutor for the Kenton County Attorney's Office.

Easterling said investigators wrote that Clowers was shot twice when he rolled up the window of his Ford Aerostar van and attempted to drive away.

Clowers collapsed after he drove about 100 yards and crashed at Prospect Avenue and East 10th Street.

Clowers' daughter, Crystal Williams, 27, of Independence, said police told her not to speak to reporters. She previously said her father left the house to go to the Dry Ridge Wal-Mart and never returned. He had moved here about 19 months ago from Clearwater, Fla., to be close to his daughter and grandso
n. H
e was planning to move back to Florida to run his parasail business.

"Here again we have drug
transactio
ns leading to people dying," Easterling said. "This isn't something new in the streets of Covington."

Covington police Lt. Teal Nally said Edwards Jr. was known to stay at a home in the 1300 block of Garrard Street but frequented Newport and Cincinnati.

Edwards Jr. had a prior juvenile record, Nally said. Those records are sealed under Kentucky law, and officials would not release them.

Covington investigators say they released the name, even though Edwards Jr. is a juvenile, because of the suspect's potential threat.

"We decided the threat to the community outweighed other concerns," Nally said.

State law requires juveniles 14 years and up be tried as adults if t
hey comm
it a felony with a firearm.

Edwards Jr. is described as between 5-feet-10 and 6 feet tall and about 150 pounds. Edwards also uses the name Howard Evans and is nicknamed "Spud."

Let
's send them
all back to Afreaka.

T.N.B.

Back