White supremacist charged with threatening

Hellcat

Registered

Associated Press

KALISPELL - An Idaho man affiliated with the white supremacist Aryan Nations will face a Flathead County charge of threatening a public official.

Karl Gharst, also known as Michael Foster and Michael Kokoski, faces the felony charge of threats and other improper influence in official and political matters.

The charge goes back to April through November 2001, when Gharst allegedly threatened and harassed a Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services social worker. The agency took custody of Gharst's children, who were living in the Flathead.

Gharst lives in Idaho, where he ran last fall for election to the Hayden Town Council, along
ith Aryan Nations leader Richard Butler and another Butler follower. All three were defeated.

Gharst is a former staff leader for the white supremacist group.

According to court records, the
r
r
wo
an said Gharst made threats and racial
comments in several telephone calls to her and her staff.

On April 10, 2001, he reportedly called her and said, "I didn't think you would still be alive, you filthy mongrel."

On April 11, he allegedly told her that he and "the members of his church have cursed her and that she needs to suffer some more," the criminal complaint says.

"Gharst told her that his people are watching her and that she better watch herself and finished by calling her a wild savage from the Flathead Indian Reservation."

He also "made several statements indicating that she has two years left to live."

In October 2001, Gharst reportedly called a secretary in the office and warned her to get out because &quo
t;a group was forming in Kalispell to come in and gather up all the lesbians and mongrels and evil people."

Finally, Gharst allegedly called the social worker and told her, "I am
a w
hit
e man, whi
ch makes me a king, all white people are kings and you are still a greasy "â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�šÃ”š¦ mongrel, a corrupti
on, a racial hybrid, something God didn't create and he is about to take care of business."

Gharst was arrested this past week in Idaho on the Flathead County warrant.

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?i...supremacist.inc

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?i...supremacist.inc
White supremacist charged

On April 10, 2001, he reportedly called her and said, "I didn't think you would still be alive, you filthy mongrel."
Karl Gharst, also known as Michael Foster and Michael Kokoski, faces the felony charge of
threats and other improper influence in official and political matters.

The charge goes back to April through November 2001, when Gharst allegedly threatened and harassed a Montana Department of Pub

lic
Health and Human Services social worker.

In October 2001, Gharst reportedly called a secretary in the office and warned her to get out because "a group was forming in Kalispell to come in and gather up all the lesbians and mongrels and evil people.
"

Finally, Gharst allegedly called the social worker and told her, "I am a white man, which makes me a king, all white people are kings and you are still a greasy "â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�šÃ”š¦ mongrel, a corruption, a racial hybrid, something God didn't create and he is about to take care of business."
http://www.dailyinterlake.com/NewsEngine/S...ta=31-817585-65
Racist appears in court
...called her "a wild savage,"... He also assigned public defender Ed Falla to represent Gharst, who reportedly warned Ortley that there would be conflict "if his lawyer and he did not see eye to eye" on Gharst's beliefs.

Back