YT shoppers 'randomly attacked' by Liberian afrocoonus erectus at Shopping Centre in Adelaide

voiceofreason

Senior News Editor since 2011
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-...tacked-at-sefton-park-shopping-centre/7388274

Shoppers 'randomly attacked' by man at Regency Plaza Shopping Centre in Adelaide

7388450-3x2-700x467.png

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e/news-story/7dcdb3a0147b180e18e9a1cb448ba5b4

Man arrested over random attacks on shoppers at Regency Plaza Shopping Centre
May 5, 2016 11:54pm

A YOUNG man :rolleyes:who allegedly went on a rampage of unprovoked violence in a northern suburbs shopping centre on Thursday afternoon has been remanded in custody.

Shocking security video of one of the assaults at Regency Plaza shopping centre, Sefton Park, was released to The Advertiser by Lincraft.

It shows a man dragging another man along the floor, then launching a flurry of kicks and punches at the defenceless victim.

7a609468a464748f71b3153b121d2411

A third man wielding a walking stick remonstrates with the attacker, then chases him away.

Police were called to Regency Plaza, on the corner of Regency Rd and Main North Rd, about 1.15pm on Thursday, after reports a man was randomly attacking other shoppers.

At least six people were reportedly injured. One victim, a 56-year-old woman, was taken to the Royal Adelaide Hospital where she was treated for concussion.

Courageous Regency Plaza store owners banded together to warn others the assailant was approaching and eventually chasing him away.

Billy Baryea, 20, appeared in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Friday morning charged with five offences — three counts of assault, aggravated assault without a weapon, and assault causing harm.

He sat expressionless in the dock and did not apply for bail. He was remanded in custody to face court again next month.

e15ade07b0d49957c64e60f34a57944c

Outside court, his mother, Garmi Olumide, 36, a carer who arrived in South Australia from Liberia 11 years ago, defended her son as a “good boy” :cool:who liked playing video games.

She said her son, who was currently completing his studies at Thebarton Senior College, had mental health issues and that she had sought help.

She wept as she said that she had seen police outside their Broadview house yesterday — and her daughter later rang to say that her son had been arrested.

“I love my son,” she said, flanked by a supporter outside court.

“He is not bad. He has got a bit of a problem. He is sick. Like mental health problems. I know him to be a good boy. He is not well. He is not doing good at all. He is peaceful :pand a good boy.”

Before the arrest, police released images from CCTV video of the suspect — a young man of African appearance who appeared to be wearing UFC-style boxing gloves.

610787d5dd974de07752048a63b56c04

Shocked bakery owner Chantel Tiburzi, 36, said she had never before seen an incident of such random violence.:(

“I was fearful for my life. I was following him as we hid behind cars and tried to warn others ... because he was just coming up behind people and hitting them,” she said.

“It was like watching a TV show. I just could not believe what I was seeing was real.

“I’m still in shock.”

The attacks spilt over close to a nearby school, where Ms Tiburzi managed to warn a father collecting his daughter to get away.

She said several of the young students witnessed one of the attacks and were visibly distressed.

Cigarette store owner Eric Montgomery also put his welfare in danger by following the rampaging man and warning others to take cover.

Mr Montgomery said he also “feared for his life” when the man grabbed a “four by two” piece of wood and began swinging it.

“I have never been in a fight before and to hear and witness this ... I’m still in shock,” he said.

“I feared for my life. I had to run to get away from him.”

Lincraft worker Jade Shillabeer-Rowe witnessed the aftermath of the attack.

“I watched the footage afterwards — it was very full on. You definitely don’t expect something like that to happen,” she said.

This is what happens when you give inferior jiggaboos "rights" and privileges over whites. They suddenly go ape when least expected.

Back