Black Golden Girl Says cRapper Fabolous' Bodyguard

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

http://www.nbc10.com/news/3901485/detail.html

Power 99 DJ Says Fabolous' Bodyguard Bodyslammed Her
Golden Girl Claims She Asked For A Ride Before Attack

POSTED: 7:46 pm EST November 8, 2004
UPDATED: 7:59 pm EST November 8, 2004

PHILADELPHIA -- A local radio personality told NBC 10 News Monday how she was roughed up and injured at a rap concert last week and she claims the popular rap star Fabolous had a role in the attack.

3901505_120X90.jpg

Walking on crutches at her attorney's office, Power 99 radio personality Golden Girl alleged that Fabolous' security guard attacked her after the radio station's Powerhouse 2004 concert outside the Wachovia Center.

"I was ta

lking to one of the artists(?), which was Fabolous," Golden Girl said.

Golden Girl said she asked the rapper for a ride on his
tour bus.

""We asked if we could get a ride up to the top of the ramp and his body guard jumped in said, 'No,' and got really nasty," Golden Girl said.

Golden Girl said that she jokingly told Fabolous she would stop playing his song on her show and that was when the bodyguard allegedly attacked her.

"The bodyguard comes over and he picks me up. I said, 'What are you doing?' and before I could say anything else he grabbed me by the shoulders, picked me up off my feet and slammed me down to the ground," Golden Girl said.

Golden Girl said she injured her ankle, back and shoulder. She later contacted police and hired attorney Don Manchel.

"We will stop at absolutely nothing to make sure that justice is served and that she gets everything she's entitled to, and at the same time that the pe
rpet
rator winds up in the clink," Manchel said.

Golden Girl said Fabolous looked on while she was attacked and another member of his entourage videotaped the episode. NBC 10 contacted Fabolous' publi
cist, but did not get a response.

Back