Brute apprehended by MTA bus driver after punching, pulling knife on him during bloody daytime brawl

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Brute apprehended by MTA bus driver after punching, pulling knife on him during bloody daytime brawl​

By
Social Links for Tina Moore

Published Feb. 10, 2024, 4:45 p.m. ET

An irate man punched an MTA driver during a fight on his bus in Lower Manhattan Saturday — even pulling a knife on the worker at one point, video obtained by The Post shows.

The melee happened on the M15 bus at the corner of Whitehall Street and South Ferry around 12:15 p.m., the cop said.

The 58-year-old driver can be seen pulling out his attacker’s hair extensions as they brawled.

“Let me go!” the attacker shouts repeatedly. “You’re ripping out my hair.”

An irate man punched an MTA driver. 4
An MTA driver on the M 15 bus was assaulted at South Street at South Ferry saturday afternoon, as the bus was parked.
The man also pulled a knife at some point. 4
The driver can be seen pulling out his attacker’s hair extensions as they brawled.
“You’re going nowhere,” the driver responds, adding that police were on their way.

The attacker pulled out the blade — but it’s not clear if he cut the driver.

Police took the knife-wielding man into custody but charges against him weren’t immediately known, an NYPD spokeswoman said.

A MTA driver on the M 15 bus was assaulted at South Street at South Ferry saturday afternoon, as the bus was parked. 4
The attacker pulled a blade on the driver. William Farrington
The perp was arrested and both were transported by EMS to the hospital. 4
The perp was arrested and both were transported by EMS to the hospital. William Farrington
The driver was taken to Bellevue Hospital in stable condition.

The 41-year-old immigrant from Nigeria who shot the video said he felt bad for the driver.

“I think the guy needs to control his anger,” the man who sells Statue of Liberty tickets said. “You don’t need to punch anyone. You could just talk things out. This is a government worker. I felt so bad.”

Police said the motive for the fight was unknown.

Back