Conviction in Singer's Murder

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/03022005_...der_cooper.html

Conviction in Singer's Murder

PHILADELPHIA-March 2, 2005 --A 21-year-old Philadelphia man has been convicted of the September 2003 murder of an aspiring singer whose burning corpse was found in the city's Fairmount Park.

After deliberating for more than a week, jurors found Benjamin Cooper guilty of killing 25-year-old Claire Clay, his musical collaborator, friend and former lover.

Cooper was also convicted of robbery and abuse of corpse.

Cooper faces a maximum prison sentence of 31 to 62 years when he is sentenced April 11th.

The aspiring rapper and admitted drug dealer told police that he killed Clay but then testified at his trial that his father killed the former parochial school te

acher from suburban Broomall.

Assistant District Attorney Jaso
n Bologna presented jurors with two written confessions and a video confession in which Cooper admitted killing Clay, dousing her body with gasoline and setting it on fire.

Members of the Clay family were in court for the verdict but declined to comment afterward.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/04122005_...der_cooper.html

Sentencing in Teacher's Murder

PHILADELPHIA-April 12, 2005 --The man who killed a local teacher and then set her body on fire in a Philadelphia park will be sentenced this morning.

Twenty-five-year-old Claire Clay's burning body was discovered in Fairmount Park, back in September of 2003.

Last month, a jury found 21-year old Benjamin Cooper guilty of killing the former parochial school teacher and aspiring singer from Broomall.

Cooper, an aspiring rapper, was Clay's musical collaborator and friend. Cooper faces 31 to 62 years in prison.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/4372750/detail.html

Convicted Killer Faints In Court At Sentencing
Man Convicted Of Strangling, Burning Woman To Death

POSTED: 5:09 pm EDT April 12, 2005
UPDATED: 6:00 pm EDT April 12, 2005

PHILADELPHIA -- A convicted killer fainted in court Tuesday as his sentence was read.

Benjamin Cooper received the maximum sentence of 31 to 62 years in prison for strangling Claire Clay.

"I think that Claire was able to speak. We wanted her to have the last word. That's what we accomplished today," said Emily Clay, Claire's mother.

4372951_200X150.jpg

Clay was a Catholic school music teacher in Philadelphia. In the courtroom Tuesday, her "respe

ctable liberal" family sobbed as they played a song she had written and showed pictures of her 25-year life.

http://images.ibsys.
com/2005/0412/4372959_200X150.jpg
Cooper became friendly with Clay while she was singing R&B like a fat Negress. Clay's life was cut short on Sept. 8, 2003, when Cooper, 19, snapped and resorted to TNB.

"Perhaps being upset that he had been told off or that she had slapped him, he responded by acting a far more violent and life-ending way," said Jason Bologna, the assistant district attorney.

Cooper strangled Clay and stuffed her body into the trunk of her car. He used her cell phone and also used her credit card to buy a videogame. He then set Clay's body on fire behind a trash bin in Fairmount Park. Her body was burned beyond recognition.

Cooper's family continues to believe he is innocent. (Dey also believe in da toof fairy!)

In court Tuesday,
Coo
per and his mother apologized to Clay's family.

Cooper's mother said that her son witnessed years of domestic violence growing up. She said that she blames herself for not getting help.

Boy, where do you start with this TNB filled episode??? When a white girl hangs with a nigger only grief and misery will come of it, mark that down!!!! Love the part about the nigger fambly still thinking he was innocent!!LOL!! Is any nigger ever guilty of anything???? Clearly not!! If a nigger says he is innocent, that is good enough for other niggers to believe him, especially if the victim was white!! No freaking wonder O.J. got off with a jury of niggers at his trial. Niggers are a blight.

Gman

The thing that pissed me off the most was that the Philly media hid the races of the perp and the victim until yesterday.

The White whore got what she deserved for mingling with the niggers and singing thier hooping and hollaring music.

I shed no tear for her. I smile. One less niggerphile to see in public.

So, on my closing note.. I thank the nigger. I thank you for ridding the world of a piece of vermin that would have possibly copulated with you and produced a abomination. I also thank you for being cought and sent to nigger heaven. Although I wished you would have had a shoot out with the cops, possibly taking out a few before they killed you. But that's ok, another nigorilla will pick up the ball that you dropped.

Sometimes two wrongs do make a right!

Well, hopefully some white women will realize that to 'make friends' with the negroes and other non-whites will cause social outcast or thier early demise...

This woman learned her lesson the hard way and awoke too late to do anything about it...she should have known better, Period.

Back