Davante Adams charged with assault after shoving photographer in Kansas City

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Davante Adams charged with assault after shoving photographer in Kansas City​

By
Ryan Glasspiegel

October 12, 2022 11:44am
Updated

Davante Adams has been charged with misdemeanor assault after shoving a photographer to the ground on Monday night, according to multiple reports citing Kansas City police.
The Raiders wideout pushed the photog to the ground on the way to the locker room after his team lost a heartbreaker, 30-29, to the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City.
According to KCTV5, the Kansas City Municipal Court issued a citation on Wednesday alleging that Adams “did, by an intentional, overt act, inflict bodily injury or cause an unlawful offensive contact upon [the victim] by pushing [him] to the ground using two hands causing whiplash and head ache. possible minor concussion.”
Adams has an online court date scheduled for Nov. 10.
Davante Adams was cited for assault in Kansas City after shoving a photographer following the Raiders' 30-29 loss to the Chiefs.Davante Adams was cited for assault in Kansas City after shoving a photographer following the Raiders’ 30-29 loss to the Chiefs.Getty Images
After the incident, Adams tweeted an apology.
“Sorry to the guy I pushed over after the game. Obviously very frustrated at the way the game ended and when he ran infront of me as I exited that was my reaction and I felt horrible immediately,” he wrote. “Thats not me..MY APOLOGIES man hope you see this.”
NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero reported on Tuesday that the league is weighing discipline for Adams, including a potential suspension.
Raiders’ WR Davante Adams moments after the Raiders loss to the Chiefs: pic.twitter.com/lEjoOHS7x2
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 11, 2022
The Raiders traded a first-round and second-round pick to the Packers this past offseason for Adams and immediately signed him to a five-year, $141.25 million contract.
Adams has 29 catches for 414 yards and five touchdowns in five games so far this season.
The Raiders are on a bye this week, and host the Texans in Las Vegas next Sunday.

Back